Message to blizzard

Aus/NZ General Discussion
You guys need to start taking care of you'r Aussie community.
Srsly you guys are rich enough to add a server in Australia we pay good money for the game and it's Frustrating when we have to pay $60 and play with over 300 ping plus lag spikes that go over 3k every 20 mins makes the game very enjoyable to play.

Please for the love of god add one talk with optus or telstra and organise a deal plz
I've been with u guys for 10 years and it would be so !@#$en sick to play with 20 ping.
Thanks u
Quote: "•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion." End Quote

Just thought i would let you know.
12/01/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Cotea
Quote: "•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

sounds like a control system, i don't understand why it is to be frowned upon honestly, and that rule just makes them sound totalitarian

the more i play other games with servers in our neck of the woods the more i wonder how a multi million powerhouse cannot enrich their gamers lives in all their titles not just diablo, wouldn't you get more player that way anyway???

just saying is all.
blizzcon they said something about helping aussie d3 players,
12/02/2013 04:59 PMPosted by ElDiablo
blizzcon they said something about helping aussie d3 players,

You can safely ignore that comment.
Aussie players frown on premium prices for premium lag but this is not just the fault of a company of snow storms, nor from one of three colors not being red or green.

Aussie internet is a bad joke and setting up world class infrastructure here is crazy expensive for little return on investment and ridiculous levels of red tape to cut through. We need to deal with monopolies and politicians here first and then maybe will be able to enjoy snow fall locally.

Our culture has the best demographic for embracing new technology yet large local business and government do there best to implement the worlds hand me downs on the cheap so they can reap the profits.

The politicians we put in office do not understand technology or how to effectively project manage.

So, its our fault just as much as the next persons. Maybe we should get old fashioned and start communicating with are local Members.

If Clive Palmer can get elected...... If Geoff Shaw can control a state......

Now leaving soap box, my Barb has an Axe to grind :)
12/03/2013 01:03 AMPosted by ViKata
Aussie players frown on premium prices for premium lag but this is not just the fault of a company of snow storms, nor from one of three colors not being red or green.

Aussie internet is a bad joke and setting up world class infrastructure here is crazy expensive for little return on investment and ridiculous levels of red tape to cut through. We need to deal with monopolies and politicians here first and then maybe will be able to enjoy snow fall locally.

Our culture has the best demographic for embracing new technology yet large local business and government do there best to implement the worlds hand me downs on the cheap so they can reap the profits.

The politicians we put in office do not understand technology or how to effectively project manage.

So, its our fault just as much as the next persons. Maybe we should get old fashioned and start communicating with are local Members.

Actually Kevin Rudd was gonna fix this, but everyone voted for Abbotoir!
12/03/2013 01:03 AMPosted by ViKata

OMG this isn't a political thing, it's a Blizzard greed issue. Simon Hackett ( CEO of Internode ) went to Blizzard and was trying to make a deal with them to host servers in Australia for Blizzard for World of Warcraft.

Now take Diablo 3, doesn't need near the amount of servers to run on like WoW and wouldn't have the huge costs since they only need a handful of server and yet we get nothing. It's not that we don't have any ISP's willing and able to do it, it's just Blizzard are greedy pigs who don't give two number 2's about the customer base anymore.

All Oceanic players / customers need to stop buying and playing "ALL" Blizzard games to send a message to Blizzard, until then Blizzard couldn't give a **** and no matter how much people rage and carry on Blizzard will just ignore everyone like they have been doing.

tl:dr
Stop giving Blizzard money until they put in local servers for the Oceanic player base.
12/05/2013 05:47 AMPosted by CrazyNRG
Stop giving Blizzard money until they put in local servers for the Oceanic player base.

No customer base = no need to spend money to stop poor service...

higher customer base = higher incentive to provide a service better than we currently get

No customer base = no need to spend money to stop poor service...

higher customer base = higher incentive to provide a service better than we currently get

I can tell you're young and have no idea on how the real world works.

Blizzards customer base is getting smaller every day. Look at WoW and how big it was a few years back and now look it at pretty much half of what it use to be. If people started to say they want local servers or they would quit and the mass would do it Blizzard would put servers in.

As it stands now :

People just hand over cash to Blizzard without thinking and without realizing if you hold off Blizzard will put servers in ANZ sooner than later, if you make a stand and tell Blizzard they will not get your money until it happens.

Any losses in revenue and the shareholders start asking questions. . .
theres a problem with a instance called The Obsidian Sanctuary when me and tealeaff ent into the dungeon there was nothing there so can u please fix it thank u
03/09/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Bethancarra
theres a problem with a instance called The Obsidian Sanctuary when me and tealeaff ent into the dungeon there was nothing there so can u please fix it thank u

BESTEST MOST RANDOM NECRO EVA
ViKata is right this isn't totally on blizzards side to control, if you worked in the national broadband industry you would know, Aussie internet is geographically based each player is different depending on the line to the house.
Some of us play fine under 200ms even after the patch, we just don't find the need in here to testify that and the constant spamming of laggers in here deter any other conversation than the ones who always had the lag.
Australia had the chance under labor to upgrade and throw away the failing copper network and replace it with world class fiber in a sense only 8% or so got it. the 8% of us playing this fine.
The rest of the nation is still screwed on archaic ADSL copper lines infested with signal lost , attenuation and drop outs.
It wouldn't make sense now would it while some players get 190-200 ms while others in the same nation on a different services get 500ms or even hearing the poor saps on 2000 ms spikes.

Logically , the terrestrial cable that runs from overseas to Australia are Fibre once it leaves the exchanges its all the oxidized copper lines to your houses. Some houses are lucky some are not depending on the distance and age of the copper and how telstra has maintained it you will probably have poor service. Even if blizzard placed a server here it would cut off the terrestiral copper distance of 180-250ms at most the extra ms you have left over is account for by the copper running to your house. This would have been fine if it was replaced by Labours fibre NBN as the signals travel at the speed of light with barely any attenuation up to 40km , where as attenuation on copper lines becomes practically un-usable just over 4km.

Credibility of my insight comes from more than 4 years in provisioning , network design , testing and exchange programming for Telstra and the global operations unit within ADSL, FTTN / FTTP technologies this nation deploys. talk to a Telstra technician they can really tell you about the real copper network australia is using.
03/09/2014 11:01 PMPosted by abend
03/09/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Bethancarra

BESTEST MOST RANDOM NECRO EVA

It's technically still on-topic since the topic is "message to Blizzard". :P
Calum makes an extremely valid point about the networks causing majority of the problem. Though i found on Telstras ADSL2+ network i still didnt tend to get over 200ms. Having also done some technical work with australia's copper/fibre/cable/wireless networks I suggest instead of threatening blizzard to spend a few million on aus servers (that wont actually improve your lag that much if youre spiking to 2000ms or playing at over 500ms constantly) to take the initiative to learn how ADSL works and find a company that will be able to provide you with a secure line/service (not allways possible). The reason i say to learn how ADSL works is also due to the fact that ADSL2+ that tells you it has speeds up to 21mbp/s, will in fact give you a worse connection past aprox 3km/s where the ADSL 8mbp/s connection based solely on how the technology functions will give you better speeds.
OMG this isn't a political thing, it's a Blizzard greed issue. Simon Hackett ( CEO of Internode ) went to Blizzard and was trying to make a deal with them to host servers in Australia for Blizzard for World of Warcraft.

Correct.

Calum makes an extremely valid point about the networks causing majority of the problem.

talk to a Telstra technician they can really tell you about the real copper network australia is using.

Grinding Gear Games with servers in NZ and League of Legends with Aussie servers says hi and wants to know what you are talking about.
Don't forget any other hosted game service in AU. ADSL/ADSL2 will give you consistent ~20ms from Melbourne <-> Sydney and <50ms from Perth <-> Brisbane/Melbourne/Sydney. The relatively few outliers on dodgy copper are the exception to the rule.
Would FTTH/FTTN be better? Yes. Will it make a lick of difference to the majority if the server is still in the US? No.
I play on Australian servers from NZ and my ping on most games is 49ms which is great. Playing through Bnet on the best day 250ms on average around 350ms with some spikes.
It's funny because in League of Legends and POE although they both have AUS servers 90% of the community in both games use other servers anyways...Hardly anyone uses AUS POE servers, most Aus. players use the EU servers. And in League of Legends nost of the OCE community have swapped back to the NA servers. So to say that other games have Aus servers may be true, it might not be in Blizz best interest to get them here. Some will play, but as many games have shown, most will go.
well that's because the league servers here suck but the path of exile i would disagree with you there I've played it and the servers are fine and quite a lot of people play on them from what i can tell and if this juggernaut of a company is going to force online on everyone the least they could so is give us a server so we can play without lag.

I highly doubt that everyone is on the EU servers because the lag here in Australia is ridiculously high. but i could be wrong maybe servers on the other side of the world are indeed quite smooth to play on.