FPS LAG with GTX 780 EVGA OC

Technical Support
Prev 1 9 10 11 14 Next
I just want to chime in that I also experience this problem, most frequently in Act 4 or 5 areas but also some in Act 3.

FPS drops down to 10-20 while in a multiplayer game when there's a larger amount of mobs in the area, low or high settings makes no difference. I also did not experience this before.

I also have the issue of MAJOR framerate drops to the point of freezing for split seconds in Rakkis Crossing, Spire areas in A4 and Arreat Crater areas.

My rig runs a nvidia GTX 780 and a Intel i7-3770k.

This is really frustrating :/

My dxdiag output in the link below, such a huge amount of text so I pasted it to pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/VGJU5hEw
06/08/2014 04:20 AMPosted by Nem
I also have the issue of MAJOR framerate drops to the point of freezing for split seconds in Rakkis Crossing, Spire areas in A4 and Arreat Crater areas.

It seems those areas are bugged for everyone, the framerate drop there isn't normal at all, something is very wrong with those areas.
Just like to say, after reading the whole thread, that I've tried the "cores unparking" technique, and for me it totally resolved any slowdowns. For those thinking it could be sound related, I went ahead and pushed to 128 sound channels, and got no frame drops (yes, with 4 players and everything).

This is my system:

i7 4770K @ 4.2Ghz
MSi MPower mobo
8GB ram
PNY 128GB ssd drive
Zotac GTX770 2GB videocard
For a long time i have this FPS drop problem, and is very stranger why blizzard don't fix it or at least give us a position. Maybe this problem can not be fixed due to development reason, language, strategy regarding console and so on but in a while a lot of customers are becaming disapointed.

OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (already tryed a lot of customizations and fresh instalation)
CPU: AMD Phenon II X4 965 BE
Memory: 8GB low rates (7-7-7-21)
HD: SSD 64GB Specific for OS
SSD 128GB for games
VGA: First one was AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB, so i bought the GeForce GTX 760 2GB, but the problem remains.

I already tryed a lot of differents settings but withoutchanges at final risult, 8~12 FPS during high density fights. Even if some tricks maybe work to improuve performance, the options blizzard provide internally in the game should be consistant enough to make the game works well. I have no doubt that the problem is linked to the game and not to the hardware.

Silence sometimes means that the problem is knowed but they won't to talk about, the question is why?

All blue interaction i saw was requiring more informations. To be constructive what we should provide more? Blizzard could you be more construtive too?
What drivers is everyone using? (Nvidia or AMD)

Nvidia drivers I'm using are 337.88 (May 26, most current)
06/09/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Storm
What drivers is everyone using? (Nvidia or AMD)

Nvidia drivers I'm using are 337.88 (May 26, most current)

337.88 indeed here. Anything less would be uncivilized ©.
Same trouble like alot of guys here, drop FPS when come alot of monsters...
Using AMD SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 270X, 4gb mem ram, core 2 quad e8400, i have ever tested all graphics os maximum, all on min (include the resolution and without sound), and look like the performance almost the same...
Didn't you know that D3 is the most graphically intense game out there? Or it could just be shoddy programming like most game companies these days.

I love how lowering resolution to 800x600 doesn't do anything for FPS stability vs all the way up to 3240x1920.

I currently run at 1280x800 with an i5 3570k and sli 2x gtx 780s. I'll get drops down to 10 fps and usually a lot around 30 fps. With Vsync off there is horrible micro stuttering like some stupid slide show. With vsync on it's smooth but still drops frames constantly.

It's refreshing to know that shoddy programming can hinder an otherwise should be capable computer.
03/16/2014 08:54 AMPosted by DAOWAce
This has been an issue with every Blizzard game released in the last few years (well, they've only released SC2 and D3, but still).

Blizzard are great at making games that run on any system, but fail miserably at making a game that runs well on high on systems. They seem to be completely ignorant to the high-end community, as their games are designed for mid-range, dual core machines with mainstream graphic cards and 16:9 monitors.

I have been dealing with this for years. So have many notably streamers of their games (most outspoken is probably TotalBiscuit).

The only game that seems to run well is World of Warcraft, and nobody using enthusiast machines plays that.

I myself suffer from horrendous slowdown for no apparent reason (GTX 780, i7-3770K). Every FPS monitoring tool I've used reports 60, but the game is chugging along at what seems like 20 for a few seconds then goes back to running smoothly. I cannot find a cause for this at all.

I also have the game drop into abysmal levels when there's tons of things on screen; just like SC2, regardless of the fact that the game is using 12% of my CPU and 30% of my GPU.

Until Blizzard actually programs their games to take advantage of high end hardware, we're all going to suffer from this crap. There's nothing we can do but continue to jab at them and hope they finally listen.

Yeap same thing. Ive ran evga percision/fps counter in diablo 3 as well and was showing 60fps but was getting this weird stuttering as well and my system isnt low end at all and honestly all my other games ive been playing no issues at all
04/18/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Omrakos
I've asked our Compatibility Department to take a look at a couple of machines running 700 series Nvidia cards and see if they can see any issues. They've been given a list of threads of reports specifying these cards so they can see the circumstances surrounding when issues may be arising. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

btw theres still issues going on with the stuttering as described in thread is there a TBA on a fix?
They really have to fix this problem. Most users with a 700 serie GPU experience this.

With a GTX 770 i have big fps drops during public games fights.
05/08/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Omrakos
Since I last posted in this thread, it looks like a lot of people with cards not in the 700 series and some AMD users have chimed in. I'm not sure though that their having the same symptoms.

Here's what I found out from our Compat guys. It's not good news I'm afraid.

They spent quite some time running through in-game activities to try and isolate framerate drops using the current Retail build and internal builds with the GTX 780, GTX 770, and 760 across multiple machines and the latest GeForce drivers. They tried running though the campaign, bounty runs, rift runs, and with full groups doing the bounty and rift runs.

They did not observe any significant performance drops during game, nor any graphics card overheating issues.

So,...

I'm not sure where to go from here. At home and here at work, I don't experience the symptoms either but I play mostly solo. I'm using a GTX 580 at work and SLI'd GTX 670s at home. I'm trying to get a hold of a GTX 780 or 780 Ti to play around with at home but haven't managed to get one just yet.

Theres something going on tho when i was playing on my witch doctor with a i5 3570k not oc/gtx 760 i was seeing the same issues as well and both parts are fairly new along with the rest of the pc. I mean you got 10+ pages talking about the same issue there has to be some type of issue going on and ive been into town walking around getting my toon together and i would see some strange framedrops for no reason and i can load up any other game just fine and i know frame drops happen but getting 60 to 25-30fps in a rift walking around or when getting into a battle isnt peaceful when crysis 2 even 3 has more going on but more stable and playable frames per second.
I use a 3570k with a single GTX 580. I run at 1920x1200 and I do not experience any lag issues. I suggest you troubleshoot your system further before posting ignorant statements. You're probably running a junk motherboard, slow ram, and trying to play over wireless.
06/12/2014 07:21 PMPosted by zHammeRz
I use a 3570k with a single GTX 580. I run at 1920x1200 and I do not experience any lag issues. I suggest you troubleshoot your system further before posting ignorant statements. You're probably running a junk motherboard, slow ram, and trying to play over wireless.

Junk? No see ive done my testing with a gtx 760 as well with a gtx 780, i5 2500k then replacing it with a i5 3570k processor with a asrock extreme 3 mobo which isnt junk and i use ethernet instead so before commenting u should do your re-search due to the fact theres 10+ pages as well as other thread on the issue. My opinion the issue needs to be fixed and diablo 3 is the only game that gives me the most issues with framedrops/stuttering which i dont have this issue within other games. Yes i know when theres alot of stuff going on your going to get frame rate drops thats normal but standing in town and im getting strange random stuttering thats another thing which is not right. Heck even demanding as crysis 3 is it runs better then diablo 3 and crysis 3 isnt a joke either but its smoother come on now.

I love how people can come in and say "oh its your hardware".. Have you not read any of this thread and see the complaints on the same issues? Logically you would think a gtx 760 paired with a decent cpu even like the i5 2500k would run this game smoothly but it doesnt this game is a little demanding but its not that heavy to run clearly theres issues going on.
i7 3770k OC @ 4.2Ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 770 2GB

I drop down to about 20-30 FPS in 4 man rifts.
I can run other games flawlessly
Blizzard, something is clearly wrong with Diablo3. Framerate drops, stuttering everywhere.. and 4 Player Coop is unplayable for me.. Cores are unparked (Everyone with some PC knowledge should do this anyways, but it brings zero performance increases for me) Bios drivers and whatnot all is up to date.. my specs are as following:

i7 4930k @4.25Ghz
Rampage IV Extreme
Asus DCUII OC GTX780Ti SLI
16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz
1200W PSU Corsair AX1200i

Using the 337.88 Driver.. without problems..the game is on my 256GB Samsung Evo Pro SSD...
Every other game i have runs without problems, Except this and Torchlight2... those two games are horribly coded and use maximal only 1-2 cores.. which is unacceptable.. i'm not willing to drop any settings just because a game like this has shoddy coding.. i want to play it but these performance issues kill the fun completely for me. I take it my computer is "Sub Par" and not fast enough for this game.. i guess i'll just buy it on PS4 when it comes since you do not seem to care about this game on PC.. ever since the expansion this issues started to happen..
06/13/2014 02:36 AMPosted by CatherineCat
Blizzard, something is clearly wrong with Diablo3. Framerate drops, stuttering everywhere.. and 4 Player Coop is unplayable for me.. Cores are unparked (Everyone with some PC knowledge should do this anyways, but it brings zero performance increases for me) Bios drivers and whatnot all is up to date.. my specs are as following:

i7 4930k @4.25Ghz
Rampage IV Extreme
Asus DCUII OC GTX780Ti SLI
16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz
1200W PSU Corsair AX1200i

Using the 337.88 Driver.. without problems..the game is on my 256GB Samsung Evo Pro SSD...
Every other game i have runs without problems, Except this and Torchlight2... those two games are horribly coded and use maximal only 1-2 cores.. which is unacceptable.. i'm not willing to drop any settings just because a game like this has shoddy coding.. i want to play it but these performance issues kill the fun completely for me. I take it my computer is "Sub Par" and not fast enough for this game.. i guess i'll just buy it on PS4 when it comes since you do not seem to care about this game on PC.. ever since the expansion this issues started to happen..

What sorta gets me wondering is people worried about the next patch dropping asking for more but never talks about lag "mainly streamers".. Ive seen it my self sitting in streams to where they mentioned the fps was bad but they dont talk on the forums and i believe thats also an issue no one excpet the outsiders are being listened to and i feel if its features/bugs that need to be fixed boom they get posted quick but with the lag situation no one really wants to fix it and people are forced to play the ps4/xbone 1 versions when they come out. I mean blizz you got a great game going and yall done put in countless hours of getting reaper of souls out for everyone to play but theres underlying issues with lag and more people should speak about it. Dropping down to 30 fps in a rift isnt what you call good news even the game lags in certain parts of the map when nothing is going on/even in town if you tell me thats normal then eh
06/12/2014 07:21 PMPosted by zHammeRz

Then why are you even here in the technical support forums? Trolling? Telling us we have bad RAM affecting our performance? Hahahahah brilliant deduction!
Can we get any more blue post on this issue and actually get a fix going or is that it?
DETERM,

I don't really have anything specific I can give you other then that it's actively being looked into. They've tentatively targeted the 2.1.0 patch as to when it might be addressed but that can easily change depending on what they find to be the cause and what the fix would entail.

They did mention that disabling the game's vsync option might help though screen tearing may result if you do that.