What do you think Malthael’s plans are?

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
12/05/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Nishi
What do you think Malthael’s plans are for the Black Soulstone?
Whatever plans he has, let's hope he doesn't pop up randomly telling me about it.

Lmao!
He wants to be Diablo's next vessel thinking he can control the souls within
make out with the soulstone
Well since El'Druin passed through him, meaning Malthael has "righteous intent", I feel that malthael believes hes doing what is right in order to END the Eternal Conflict. That's his goal.

By stealing the black soulstone maybe he plans on destroying it. And just as Tyrael believes that destroying the stone could bring about some unforeseen calamity. Maybe destroying the stone with all 7 evils inside will give rebirth to Tathamet.

Malthael isnt bad, hes just misguided =)
12/05/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Razboss
Well since El'Druin passed through him, meaning Malthael has "righteous intent", I feel that malthael believes hes doing what is right in order to END the Eternal Conflict. That's his goal.

By stealing the black soulstone maybe he plans on destroying it. And just as Tyrael believes that destroying the stone could bring about some unforeseen calamity. Maybe destroying the stone with all 7 evils inside will give rebirth to Tathamet.

Malthael isnt bad, hes just misguided =)

Malthael wants to eradicate all demonic presence, heretofore, the Nephalem by nature are his enemies.
He plans to use the power to unleash Inarius from the depths Hell so they can construct a new world stone, the worldstone draws power from the Nephalem making them weaker, thus easier to eradicate. They will use the souls to power and construct the new worldstone, using the power of the prime evils to guard it. Thus leading into the next expansion.

Inarius and Maltheol have similar goals for humanity, thus would only make sense if Maltheol wished to team up with Inarius, not only due to their mutual goals, but also due to the fact that Inarius has the power to construct a Worldstone, which doubly would not only help to weaken the Nephalem, but would also give the ability to create a new world altogether. Without the Nephalem, and without demons.
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say:that the former Archangel of Wisdom knows all too well the power latent in humanity by virtue of their mixed heritage. With the World Stone destroyed he understands that its only a matter of time before the humans regain all of their Nephalem powers.

So he plans to combine his own formidable angelic power with that of the Prime Evils within the stone to become the most powerful being in creation: a sort of "Super Nephalem". He intends to wipe out all of humanity before they can grow strong enough to tip the balance of power in the Eternal Conflict. He then plans to raise them all into an unstoppable army of undead Nephalem loyal only to him.

In this way he hopes to end the Eternal Conflict by bringing both the high heavens and the burning hells together under his dominion.

I can has corner office now plox?

- Claybeard
"Ye can always tell a dwarf, but ye cannae tell him much."
I'd be surprised if the ending of RoS is anywhere near good.

Recent form with the stories for D3 vanilla and SC2 (WoL and HotS) suggests it won't be.
anything original and not continuing the 'telenovela' plot we already have is a blessing.
I think he want to BoA the (new) worldstone he's making...
He is death, he wants to Reap Souls. He also has it in his mind to end Sanctuary. So I figured he plans to reap the Prime Evils souls, effectively giving him the apocalypse spell from D1 and about 20000 stat points. Then he will 1 shot sanctuary! That or he wants to reform Tathamet to end the eternal conflict for him.
Well if his goal is to wipeout humanity since they are part demon, then he's going to use the SoulStone for that purpose. He's probably going to use it as a medium to take the lives/souls of every human.
Whatever plans he has, let's hope he doesn't pop up randomly telling me about it.

LOL I hear you.
As soon as he finds that BiS legendary with a socket....
Isn't it obvious? Unleash a legion of Undead Demonspawn Hell Hounds in the form of Corgis!

CORGIS UNLEASHED!!!

Besides you guys already Copywrited the Name ha ha....
He'd summon the Power Puff Girls with the Soulstone.

Or.. He'll use it to revive the NECROMANCER class on the NEXT Expansion if there's any plan on it.

I doubt anyone wouldn't Necro Class back.

Hm.. Another guess would be to use it against the Angels, not particularly to attack Heaven and Earth though..
Nephalem will "Talk-No-Jutsu" Malthael to have faith in them and give up his campaign of fear as he is really just afraid of what the Nephalem could become.

The big thing is the "could"

Like what is asked of most people to have faith, Angels need faith as well and Tyreal shows his faith in humanity by defending them and trusting them.

So i think a Talk-no-jutsu is on the horizon.
With the recent release of the Reaper of Souls Friends and Family Beta, we’ve seen a lot of discussion focused on gameplay systems, class balance, item balance, difficulty tuning, and more. In the wake of those more technical conversations, there've also been a number of story-related inquiries raised concerning the Malthael and his return to Sanctuary.So, for our latest “Question from Sanctuary” (our new name for this particular blog series), we want to know: What do you think Malthael’s plans are for the Black Soulstone?Leave a comment below to let us know, or head on over to our latest blog and join in the discussion there: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11872191/

Hell divides. I think there should be civil unrest in the 9 circles of hell itself. Each circle lead by it's own Demon General. After all, they, like us, all crave control over their own existence.

And with the soul stone, the demon generals simply see a strategy. Several of them come together and strike a bargain with the keeper of the stone. Although they, themselves, don't have the power to use the soul stone, they can hide it; keeping it from the whoever it is now holds the reign in the fiery depths.

Knowing, that if they can keep this stone from the hands of the one devil who can use it, they can keep, help the humans & angels overthrow and perhaps shift the power once again in their favor.

OR/AND

No one devil reigns now ... the power shifts from General to General every day. But, every devil wants his. The red devils and the black devils fight the green & blue.

But, little did we know, the fallout for the humans that reside on the plains above would be grave. The earth itself, caught in the balance, seizes and quakes. Massive tremors and climate change alter the very world of sanctuary now and it is forever changed. Global warming, all currency changes from gold to other objects of evident value and easily negotiable properties.

Dr Venkmen - "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

your welcome. Please send me the beta now.
What do you think Malthael’s plans are for the Black Soulstone?

Quote for Truth.