Am I playing a game only teenagers and 20 yr olds play?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
24 here (few weeks from 25).

I think immaturity is present in all age groups. You'd think after a certain amount of life experience people would finally just grow up but I guess people just don't care when they can hide behind a keyboard and monitor.
I'm 57 and the youngest of a group of retirees who play various computer games, including most Blizzard titles. I've recently gone back to playing Diablo2 after getting a D3 witch-doctor to somewhere in the mid 70s. D2 was clearly a better game and it's got me hooked once again....especially hardcore. I don't understand why so much of D2 was stripped away, making the developers have to re-invent the wheel when it was all there to build upon.
I also play with a boardgaming group and that's a load of fun too. I would encourage anyone with a young family to spend a lot of time playing boardgames.....the social interaction, strategy and tactics is a great learning experience.
25 here. My dad and I play this to hang out since we live so far apart. We're no grinders, we just love going out to kill kill kill and loot loot loot. He's in his late 40s and still mopping up the mobs.
12/16/2013 05:54 AMPosted by SonofRooster
25 here. My dad and I play this to hang out since we live so far apart. We're no grinders, we just love going out to kill kill kill and loot loot loot. He's in his late 40s and still mopping up the mobs.

That's so awesome. When I was growing up, my father and I never really connected. He was working his tail off and rarely had spare time for me and my brother.

Be sure to let your dad know how much it means to you. Even if he won't admit it, he'd love to hear how you feel about your game time together. And he won't be around forever. so tell him while you have the chance (if you haven't already).
12/16/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Vendikar

That's so awesome. When I was growing up, my father and I never really connected. He was working his tail off and rarely had spare time for me and my brother.

Be sure to let your dad know how much it means to you. Even if he won't admit it, he'd love to hear how you feel about your game time together. And he won't be around forever. so tell him while you have the chance (if you haven't already).

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky. Him and I play games to stay in touch all the time. At the end of the day, after work, we both sit down on either the xbox of pc and play something while we talk. I know it means a lot to him too. If I can't make it due to work, my mom will text me to say that he missed our game time that night.
Well, I started playing games when my son was 7 (now he is 24) and started to bring games from colleagues from school :) - just wanted to see if they were appropriate for his age. Later I saw Diablo1 in a friendly computer shop and brought it home. My son joined in :) Then D2 came and we both played it in turns untill we got internet - then my son introduced me to battlenet, we got another computer to be able to play together, and we didi it for a few years. Then my son discovered other games like WC or CS and quit D2. I stayed with it , although played other games in the meantime too.

The oldest person I ever met in the game was a woman from Norway - she said she was 68. :)
I`m 23.And sometimes peoples asking me,did i still playing those games.But they dont have idea that much much older guys still playing those games.
Im 30 years young bud and ive been playing diablo since d1 kids these days just expect too much! :)
33 here ... been playing games since I was in diapers. Some of my first beloved games include:

Tunnels of Doom (TI-99)
Zork: The Great Underground Empire (TI-99)
Hunt the Wumpus (TI-99)

Other memorable games over the years:

Wizardry Series (Wizardry 1: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord up to and including Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant)
Final Fantasy (1-12, Legends 1&2 and FFT ... some were good and some were just time spenders)
Shining Force (1&2)
Diablo 1
Master of Monsters (Sega Genesis)

12/16/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Syn
Also, this addiction is expensive - I have to keep the wife busy (by buying here time-wasting stuff), so that I can get quality gaming time - which in my case is every second I get ...I know balance is key, but if you have an addiction, is easier said than done.

Good thing my wife spends her time playing Guild Wars 2 :D
38 here. First console I owned was the Atari 5200. First games were PacMan and Defender. God, that was a terrible console, the controller was even worse.
45 here. And been playing for more than 30 years now :-) Play D3 with both my kids ( 10 and 16 )
I'm turning 29 in January , But I play D3 with my father(he's 54) every now and then.

He lives in Montreal and I live in beautiful British-Colombia in Victoria (I'm military)
So playing WoW and Diablo together as ben our contact for the past 8-9 years.
Same for my brother (he's 30) and he lives close to Montreal so even with almost 3000miles apart we manage to feel close.
63. Been playing Diablo since D1 and gaming since 1970 with Intellivision an Commodore VIC 20 and the Commodore 64.
So great to read everyone's story about their gaming experiences and to see that there are such a wide variety here that peruse the forums as well. Old and younger folks enjoying gaming and sharing our leet skills with one another :)
My body is mid-fifties but between the ears I'm a teenager. Does that count?
I'm 35 and occasionally log on just to squish some monsters. I don't think that is too old to play video games. There is pretty much a game out there for every demographic now.
31, been grinding since the D1 days...I miss Pepin the healer :-)
I shall not reveal my age exactly....but I have been playing PC games since we got a Commodore Vic20. They were text based back then but still fun. My dad played too and I used to get up in the morning to a tablet with pencil drawn maps on it as he navigated Mission Impossible. That is where I first learned to program. Going from BASIC to object oriented languages was an odd shift. Never played console games though..and did not get back into gaming really until I got completely addicted to D2.

Computers used to be the province of the somewhat well to do and tech savvy. With the release of consoles and now that everyone pretty much has a PC video gaming has become as common as any other form of entertainment. Everything from *cringe* farmville, MMORPGs, ARPGs, mobile apps, to FPS games. A huge portion of the first world populations game in some format, even if just solitaire.

So no, you are not odd to be gaming and I hope to be for as long as I can. Games keep your mind and reflexes sharp.