RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.6.4)

Wizard
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
Wow, this was fast, thanks a lot :)

And even more improvements with this Introduction tab, great.

I've got some more questions about the firebird tab.
So, the damage of mammoth hydra is stacking when there is a nonmoving target and there are multiple firelanes stacked on each other? Really? And even more the "dot"-dmg of 400% is stacking 4times with itself? Or whats the point of this Dot-duration?
I thought the point of the table is "how long does it take to get the infinite dot on a single target?"

Sry if i'm asking weird questions... i'm just a bit confused about the high dmg of the hydra in your calculation, which would result in an infinite dot on an elite monster after 3.65s with my char-data filled in.

Greetz Sauronia
09/26/2014 11:08 AMPosted by Sauronia
And even more improvements with this Introduction tab, great.

It was there before. I think the previous version just had the tab scroll bumped over a notch already.

So, the damage of mammoth hydra is stacking when there is a nonmoving target and there are multiple firelanes stacked on each other? Really? And even more the "dot"-dmg of 400% is stacking 4times with itself?

Mammoth Hydra does 400% WD per second with a 4 second duration. So yes, it does 1600% WD per stream/shot if the target is non-moving. It's not stacking "4 times", it's just the normal damage-over-time.

Mammoth Hydra's default casting rate is 0.5 APS or one shot every 2 seconds. This means that you can get 2 streams stacked, for 800% WD per second. It will be higher if you have Taskers since that actually increases the rate of fire.

I thought the point of the table is "how long does it take to get the infinite dot on a single target?"

Correct.

The table shows how much damage each cast of Mammoth will do total while it runs its course. The 'Casts' column then breaks down the DoT threshold into how many times you'd have to recast it to reach infinite DoT.

Alternatively, the table also shows how much damage Mammoth hydra will do per second. It then takes the DoT threshold and breaks it down into how many seconds it would take to reach infinite DoT.

There are a couple things to bear in mind here:

1) Casts != Time. Especially when looking at something like Mammoth Hydra. The 'per Cast' fields do not factor in duration... or rather, they disregard it and assume full contact.

2) Time to infinite DoT might be slightly misleading with Mammoth hydra (or any delayed DoT). In Mammoth's case it's because the first 2 seconds are only going to be a single stream, the 2nd 400% doesn't come into effect until after that. You'd also have to remember that this also assumes you don't let the DoT wear down by not recasting the hydra immediately should it expire. 'Time' will be correct if a target were to wander into an already running Hydra (with 2 streams up) but if you're thinking start fight -> drop Hydra then you can effectively add 1 second to the Time-to-DoT.

3) Be mindful of what buffs you have selected as active when you look at the Firebird breakdown for Hydras. Not all buffs that apply to your damage also apply to Hydras. Also, remember that when including a Zei's buff, it's not necessarily going to be the full buff for your Hydra because it's calculated separately based on the Hydra's distance to the target, not yours.

4) All of this assumes that the target isn't moving in and out of the DoT. Hydra does do some pretty solid damage, its failing is that you can't guarantee 100% hits/contact.

On a related note... I realized that the Tasker & Theo's bonus from the eDPS tool was not included in the Firebird DoT tools entries for Hydras. I've just uploaded an updated version which now properly includes the Tasker's field bonus into the Firebird entries.

-dolynick
Thanks for clarification of this. Especially the part with the hydras own "Zeis distance"... didn't know this. Are there any other buffs that are calculated differently or even not taken into account for hydra?

Just a last little inaccuracy in your sheet: the casts and time cols (J and K) in the hydra-rows don't multiply the offset-dmg with the elitedmg-buff. Got aware of this, while trying to calculate the total time, when pulling enemies with blazar towards a hydras firestream.

Greetz Sauronia
09/27/2014 02:20 AMPosted by Sauronia
Are there any other buffs that are calculated differently or even not taken into account for hydra?

I haven't done much (any) testing on this myself aside from Hydra% on Mammoth (which is included/excluded in the calculation already). I recall seeing multiple statements saying Audacity does not apply to Hydras but I've never personally tested to verify. There may or may not be others as well.

09/27/2014 02:20 AMPosted by Sauronia
Just a last little inaccuracy in your sheet: the casts and time cols (J and K) in the hydra-rows don't multiply the offset-dmg with the elitedmg-buff. Got aware of this, while trying to calculate the total time, when pulling enemies with blazar towards a hydras firestream.

Looks fine while I'm checking it here. The elite damage is applied in H and I and then carried over to J and K in the second stage of the calculations. Testing it with some elite damage is reducing the numbers as expected.

If you want the offset to be larger to account for elite damage, you can just use the Vs elite monsters numbers instead for the initial offset. It's really just an arbitrary number. The idea was to provide a way to calculate hitting something with a Blazar or Molten Impact and then figuring out how long it would take for Apocalypse, Hydra, etc to finish stacking the DoT - as well as illustrate how pre-infinite damage can exceed infinite DoT and how long you might be able to remain there. I'm sure there was a reason why I included the "take from vs normal" suggestion but I can't recall why now. I may remove that if the reason doesn't come back to me.
-dolynick
The reason you wrote "take from vs normal" is, that in all other formulas except hydra, you calculate the time by (threshold-(offset*BuffE))/dmg_per_s_vs_elite (e.g. for Apocalypse =($C$2-($H$7*(1+BuffE/100)))/I14), which already takes the elite-dmg-buff into account. :)
This might be a dumb question but on the sheet stats tab... what is "damage red" .... their is a grey box so I'm thinking I should put something there but have no idea what. Thanks.
Ooh, the spreadsheet gets a shoutout in the Waypoint blog!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16071431/the-waypoint-week-of-september-22-9-26-2014
09/28/2014 01:45 AMPosted by Sauronia
The reason you wrote "take from vs normal" is, that in all other formulas except hydra, you calculate the time by (threshold-(offset*BuffE))/dmg_per_s_vs_elite (e.g. for Apocalypse =($C$2-($H$7*(1+BuffE/100)))/I14), which already takes the elite-dmg-buff into account. :)

Yes. I see what you were getting at. I'm thinking that the BuffE modifier should maybe be removed from the other entries instead, along with the "take from vs normals" instruction. Then you just enter your offset damage from the lists for the type of mob you want to calculate for.

09/28/2014 10:51 PMPosted by BlackFlag
This might be a dumb question but on the sheet stats tab... what is "damage red" .... their is a grey box so I'm thinking I should put something there but have no idea what. Thanks.

It means "Damage Reduction". You can use your melee or ranged DR here if you like. Personally, I usually enter the lowest of the two and calculate my minimum mitigation rather than my maximum. Remember that when you're stacking other DR sources (like Blur, dual-unity, vs elites, etc) that you do not add them up. If you have more than two extra sources, you have to enter your starting value, put your next value into the "Change" and then update the Base with the resulting value and then repeat the process until you have them all accounted for. If you only have two extras, you can just fill them in in the "Change" and Gear Stats gain/loss columns.

IE: Your sheet says you have 34% DR vs melee. You then add Blur's 17% to "Change" and dual-unity's 50% to "gear gain/loss". The total DR from that will be in the "New" Column. If you had more DRs yet (such as 15% vs elites from Aughild's), you'd have to change the base column with the value you've calculated so far and then put the Aug's 15% into "Change".

09/29/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Jaetch
Ooh, the spreadsheet gets a shoutout in the Waypoint blog!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16071431/the-waypoint-week-of-september-22-9-26-2014

Thanks for pointing that out Jaetch. A nice surprise for this morning. Thanks to Tyvalir for the spotlight.

-dolynick
Minor update:

-Removed "take from vs Normals" instruction for Firebird temporary DoT calculation.
-Revised vs Elites casts/time estimates for Firebird infinite DoT to not automatically multiply offset damage by elite bonus damage.
-Fixed a few calculation errors for Flame Ward in Firebird DoT Tool.
-Revised eDPS calculation for Wreath of Lightning.

-dolynick
Updates:

Wizard Tools:
-Revised calculations for weapon procs on Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, Odyn Son, Moolight Ward & Andariel's Visage. They were inheriting WoF's skill bonus% and they were double-dipping APS for the manual calculation values.

Witch Doctor Tools:
Some long overdue upkeep and additions...
-Resized text on Sheet Stats and eDPS sheets.
-Darkened the background fill on cells intended to be filled by the user.
-Revised layout of Reductions sheet. Values are now propagated to Mana-LoH and eDPS sheets.
-Updated LoH values on Mana-LoH sheet to reflect the new LoH cast method.
-Reworked buff section on eDPS sheet.
-Added Legendary Gems to buff section in eDPS sheet.
-Began adding Legendary Proc effects to eDPS sheet.

-dolynick
Updated:

Wizard Tools:
-minor corrections to a couple calculations. Targets are now factored into the proc rate/damage of Wreath of Lightning.

Witch Doctor Tools:
-Fixed 'per cast' WD values for pets. This was giving lower eDPS numbers in the manual calculation tool than indicated in the quick calc.
-Targets are now factored into the proc rate/damage of Wreath of Lightning.
-Added Proc/Cast and Proc/s columns to the Mana-LoH tool. I have a few unanswered questions concerning a couple skills so this is still a bit of a WiP.

-dolynick
Hi dolynick,
could you do a comparision between Wiz and WD here?

I think it's interesting for many people. I did not touch WD in RoS so far.

- damage burst
- damage RG
- survivability
- efficiency in group

Thank you!
Great spreadsheet!
I'm having a little difficulty trying to figure out the Buffs section in the Sheet stats tab.
I'm pretty sure %Additive buff are buffs that add to your sheet damage, and %Multi Buff are Multiplicative buffs, such as BoTT, But what is % Type Buff?

Thanks!
10/01/2014 06:00 PMPosted by JayeZe
Great spreadsheet!
I'm having a little difficulty trying to figure out the Buffs section in the Sheet stats tab.
I'm pretty sure %Additive buff are buffs that add to your sheet damage, and %Multi Buff are Multiplicative buffs, such as BoTT, But what is % Type Buff?

Thanks!

That section is just for extra information. It's useful for determining your total mitigation and toughness, and also for determining raw damage outside of skills (comparing sheet stats vs more elemental%).

Actual skill eDPS with buffs are laid out in the eDPS sheet and will handle the stacking for you.

If you still want to know the answer to your question, you can use the eDPS sheet's buff list to figure out which is which. FYI, skill% buffs would go in the additive field as well as well.

Oh, and Type% is Elemental (Type).

-dolynick
10/01/2014 10:19 AMPosted by RobertVarga
Hi dolynick,could you do a comparision between Wiz and WD here?

Not really the purpose of this thread or the tools. It's also highly variable. With which builds? I assume you mean the most popular. Apoc/FB vs Pets?

- damage burst

Over what timeframe?

It's possible for a wizard to trigger an infinite FB DoT within 1-2 seconds on an elite. Technically, that means his burst damage is infinite. You can 1-2 shot virtually anything if you are patient and wait for the DoT to do it's work.

On the other hand, a Pet Doc can put out well over 60,000% WD/s for then entire duration of a BBV on a single target.

- damage RG

Pet Docs have the potential to do over 600M/s to an RG. You're not going to touch that with an Apoc/FB build (maybe 250M if you're very well geared).

The difference is that outside of the RG the Pet Doc's damage quickly gets diluted (split up) with multiple targets, whereas the Apoc/FB wizard's damage is pretty constant per target.

- survivability

Wizards tend to have a lot more mitigation and toughness than Pet Docs. Pet Docs often have lots to hide behind though and probably don't have to take as many hits. Apoc/FB w/ Furnace is also terrible for LoH while the Pet Doc does very well with LoH and will probably have much better healing/sustain. Plus the Pet Doc has spirit walk. I can't speak to the Pet Doc's survivability in higher GRs as I haven't been in one yet, but I'd guess that burst damage becomes a bigger issue sooner than for wizards.

efficiency in group

Not even going to try to comment on this.

All of these questions are better suited to their own thread.

-dolynick
Updated:

-Redid MW:Conduit calculations on APoC/LoH sheet. It was only using 1 AP/hit for most skills. I'm not sure of EB with Woh's behavior, it may not be correct.
-Added Flash to EB in APoC/LoH
-EB entries in APoC/LoH sheet now factor in passive AP regen in their net AP/s.

-dolynick
Updated:

Wizard Tools:
-Added entries in Firebird DoT Tool for 1-shot damage, with or without a damage (burst) offset.

This is still a bit experimental but it's purpose is to calculate total damage done by a DoT fire skill with aggregate damage from the FB 6-piece bonus and any previous damage already stacked. This should be useful for determining what amount of health you can hit and run monsters at. Still a work in progress.

Edit:
-Updated Meteor Shower DoT damage. Tested at 70% WD.

-dolynick
Hi Dolynick, Very good spredsheet. mechanics look spot on. I just need to understand the basearmor and base ResAll calculation to use mitigation sheet.

Can you explane how to use them and the mechanic behind because when i fill b25, b26 with my sheet value or manually added armor value, i get a toughness score very far than what i really have.
Hi Mcboom,

basearmor and base ResAll are calculated values derived from what you fill in in B26 and B27. They represent your armor and resistances from gear alone with other stats like STR and INT removed. This is necessary so that changes to various stats can be used to recalculate values as needed.

I'm not sure why your ePH/toughness score is so far off. I would guess it would be because you are including (or not) some buffs from skills. I set it up so you use unbuffed stats there and then add in the buffs you want in other spots where it will give you the final tally, but it will work either way. ResAll is a single field in the tool though, rather than split up into individual resistances. I typically just use my lowest resistance but if you want it to really match up with what the game will say, you would probably want to use the average of all your various resistances. Also remember that toughness includes damage reductions (melee, ranged, vs elites) and some of those are weighted differently in game in your toughness display. The tools are designed to work with the DR of your choosing (once again, I usually use the lowest of melee or ranged). All of these things can result in the tool's eHP score being a little different than the in-game score.

-dolynick
ok thanks a lot. Its most probably my damage reduction that screw the thing. I played a lot with the sheet. A very good fine tuning tool to place paragon points :)