Reaper Of Souls, Install?

Technical Support
I pre-ordered ROS do i need to install it?
?
No. You can not play the game until the release date.

Edit to add Blue quote on the topic

12/20/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Omrakos
Liquidbone,

You pre-ordered the game. It's not going to be released until 3/25/2014. It'll be available for download then on your Battle.net Account Management page.

There will be an encrypted version available sometime before the release date to allow people to get the content early, but it won't be unlocked and usable in any way until the release date.

Remember, it is midnight PST, not CST, or EST. I had to wait until 3am to play Sc2, HoTS, and D3. Actually, D3 was really midnight the following day.
I ordered a physical CE. Will I be able to pre-install the game so that all I have to do is input the key once I get it in my hands and be ready to play right away?
12/23/2013 09:29 AMPosted by MissCheetah

12/23/2013 10:33 AMPosted by swords
Generally, they will start a download of the content, but locked out till release time.

Both correct, thank you!

We're currently working to provide a background download option for players who pre-purchase a digital copy of Reaper of Souls shortly after the new year begins (exact date still TBD). Even after the actual data is downloaded, however, you will not be able to access expansion-only content -- things like Act V and the Crusader -- until Reaper of Souls goes live on March 25th.

12/23/2013 10:08 PMPosted by NecroVile
I ordered a physical CE. Will I be able to pre-install the game so that all I have to do is input the key once I get it in my hands and be ready to play right away?

Off hand, I don't believe so. Basically: If you purchase a physical copy, you'll need to manually input the expansion key in Account Management to upgrade your Battle.net account to Reaper of Souls (whereas players who purchase a digital copy more or less have their accounts upgraded automatically). After that point, you should have the option to download whatever content is available at the time, so it will depend on when you receive your copy of the game.

I'll follow-up for you just to be sure. :)
12/23/2013 10:08 PMPosted by NecroVile

Where'd you pre-order the CE? Is it available in Philippines and how much in $?
Most people are getting the CE off of Amazon. You will need to look into gaming stores/internet sales options that serve your area. The US price is $79.99 however it may be different in other countries/currencies.
My, my. Working overtime, Lylirra.
Twitter: @Jaetch
12/23/2013 09:11 AMPosted by DeadCloud

Why are you even worrying about this right now? The game doesn't launch for another 3 months.

Where'd you pre-order the CE? Is it available in Philippines and how much in $?

As much as I despise Gamestop, I unfortunately had to get mine from them. Last Christmas someone gave me a gift card to Gamestop, but I only play Blizzard or Steam games so it was pretty much useless to me. I figured since I had it and needed to go to a brick and mortar store or Amazon to get the CE that I might as well use it on this.

I have no idea if you can get it in the Philippines. I live in the States.
12/24/2013 01:52 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Most people are getting the CE off of Amazon. You will need to look into gaming stores/internet sales options that serve your area. The US price is $79.99 however it may be different in other countries/currencies.

Can that packet reach my country?indonesia?
12/24/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Frundsberg

Why are you even worrying about this right now? The game doesn't launch for another 3 months.

I just don't want to be stuck downloading a huge file when i could be playing the moment i'm allowed to.

12/24/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Lylirra

Generally, they will start a download of the content, but locked out till release time.

Both correct, thank you!

We're currently working to provide a background download option for players who pre-purchase a digital copy of Reaper of Souls shortly after the new year begins (exact date still TBD). Even after the actual data is downloaded, however, you will not be able to access expansion-only content -- things like Act V and the Crusader -- until Reaper of Souls goes live on March 25th.

Off hand, I don't believe so. Basically: If you purchase a physical copy, you'll need to manually input the expansion key in Account Management to upgrade your Battle.net account to Reaper of Souls (whereas players who purchase a digital copy more or less have their accounts upgraded automatically). After that point, you should have the option to download whatever content is available at the time, so it will depend on when you receive your copy of the game.

I'll follow-up for you just to be sure. :)

Yeah, I believe this is my first blue response ever! TY
I am very pleased to be able to say that as one of my Yule Gifts, I am pre ordered for the Collectors Edition of ROS, could not be happier either. I personally find this to be my most enjoyable game. I have had Diablo since the very first version and I have not been disappointed since. Every expansion, every version sits on my book shelf with fondness. I have not had the funds to spend on the books, though they are on my wish lists and from time to time one lands at my door. :)
12/24/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Lowenhart

Can that packet reach my country?indonesia?

See this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10974267836

Right now, the CE does not seem to be available for pre-order to international addresses at Amazon. In the past, Amazon has been pretty good with making Blizzard titles (including past CE's) deliverable to International addresses. I already have a pre-order in with them since I do have a US mailing address.

But I did some checking with them in the above thread and right now, they are giving a cookie cutter response because even they don't seem to know why (one representative said the CE does not have a reason noted on their side for the shipping restrictions). Also as noted in that thread, I checked to see if the CE was available on Amazon Japan; it isn't listed either.

Could a CM pass the word along to check to see what the issue is? Amazon CSR's right now are basically saying the game currently can't be shipped to various international shipping addresses due to warranty and legal restrictions (meanwhile, D3 vanilla can be; it too is available on Amazon Japan). They've already gotten inquiries from Canada, several EU countries, Hong Kong, Philippines, and Japan and right now, RoS is flagged as being restricted from delivery to these countries (again, it seems like basically any international destination).
12/24/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Frundsberg

less than That REALLY =^oO*=
Amazon.com denied shipping to Canada for CE. Gamestop.com confirmed my order, though. In case anyone wants to try.
12/24/2013 10:17 AMPosted by LordMurasama
Could a CM pass the word along to check to see what the issue is?

Sure thing. May not be able to get you a reply very quickly (many of my fellows are out of the office for the holidays), but will happily forward on the concern/question .