Can Blizzard answer what does Spectral Hound Minion do

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
As the subject says I am curious to know what it does. Since other extras do not incentives, at least for me, to spend extra $20, the minion might, depending on what it does. What would definitely make me spend extra 20 if Treasure Goblin Pet and Spectral Hound Minion would be both an option for the Diablo 3 Ros. Meaning, before each game you can choose either one, minion could do damage like 200% weapon damage with 1% or 2% increase with each character level, and Goblin could collect white and blue items and automatically salvage for you. Now for than I would pay extra $, but since it is not happening thus, back to the original question. So what does Spectral Hound Minion do, is it worth extra money or no?

Thank you in advance for the answer
12/20/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Deathstalker
So what does Spectral Hound Minion do

The Spectral Hound is just a vanity pet at present. It's fully animated and has its own unique personality (scratches its ear, sniffs the ground, digs up zombie bones, etc), but it doesn't provide any character power.
What about the clarification on slots?

Does the purchase of the DD or CE give you 15 character slots (Assuming RoS gives you 2 for the new Crusaders)

Or does it give you 13 character slots (Assuming RoS doesn't give you any extra slots at all)
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Can we "unsummon" it (like the wings)?
TOTES worth the extra $20 The minion gives you +25% mf. I have sources.
im getting it either way
12/20/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Baron
Can we "unsummon" it (like the wings)?

Yup. The Spectral Hound minion will be an item in your inventory which you can summon and dismiss at will (very similar to the wings). I don't know off-hand if the Hound will persist through death or show up in the main Hero select screen, though. I have that question out to our QA team. :)
I hope it doesn't just tool around when in a fight! It does at LEAST bark (although that might get old)... Please say it has some % damage done.. (BTW, i just pre-order the dog...)
12/20/2013 02:16 PMPosted by DrothVader

Here ya go: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10973357478?page=1#6
12/20/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra

Here ya go: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10973357478?page=1#6

Thank you!!!!!
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Does it have a name? :)
12/20/2013 02:54 PMPosted by eSheep

Fluffy?
12/20/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Lylirra

Fluffy?

Can I call it twenty?
Fluffy, transmorgified?
As Lylirra has pointed out, the Spectral Hound is like the other Diablo Collector's vanity rewards: Purely cosmetic. This is quite common for CE and promotional items.
By the way, the goblin is a world of warcraft pet.