Character slots

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Does the standard edition of RoS come with 2 new character slots, bringing it to a total of 12, or do I need to get the Deluxe just to get new slots for the new hero?
I'm pretty sure it comes with 2 extra by default, or 12 in total. :)
Still unconfirmed but buying the CE should also net you a total of 15!
12/20/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Zemini
Still unconfirmed but buying the CE should also net you a total of 15!

I sent in a ticket asking about the deluxe and CE char. slots this is the answer I got back.:

To clarify on the RoS presales it will work like this:

Regular preorder = 12 character slots total

Collecters Edition Preorder = 13 character slots total

As you can see the CE version doesn't 'stack' with the normal version so CE players will get 1 extra slot over the regulars.
wow why can't they just say that lol instead of saying with the ce and digital delux you get 3 character slots which is soooooo cryptic lol
12/20/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Shady

Correct.

Players who purchase the standard edition of Reaper of Souls will receive 2 additional character slots by default, for a total of 12 character slots. (This functionality is currently implemented and live for Closed Beta).

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls will receive the base 2 character slots (for purchasing the expansion) plus another 3 character slots (for purchasing the DD or CE), for a total of 15 character slots.

So:
    - Base game = 10 characters slots
    - Standard edition Reaper of Souls = 12 character slots
    - Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition Reaper of Souls = 15 character slots
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I'm looking forward to 5 more character slots!

P.S. Please let us know on a monthly bases how many pre-purchases there are. If people see that it is a popular choice then the people sitting on the fence might just bite as well.
12/20/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra

Correct.

Players who purchase the standard edition of Reaper of Souls will receive 2 additional character slots by default, for a total of 12 character slots. (This functionality is currently implemented and live for Closed Beta).

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls will receive the base 2 character slots (for purchasing the expansion) plus another 3 character slots (for purchasing the DD or CE), for a total of 15 character slots.

So:

thx for that info. Now can you please answer my pre-load thread loll. I think you should read it. It might confuse all people that pre order your game.
Thanks Lylirra that really clears that up since it sounded like 13 slots which is on top of current D3 10 slots.
so it sounded like SD was 12 but CE was an extra 1 slot.
But good to hear CE is 15 but it still sounds a little unfair for those getting SD though.
Some people like me like to make mule characters or have all SC toons and the extra slots for HC toons.
So:

I hope you can make it to 18 or even 20 slots for DD or DE.
So pay even more money for a expac that is only really d/c that is overpriced and then you want even more money for more slots ROFLROFL the greed of this company blows me away, so greedy...
Deluxe it is then.
what is the point of having 15 character slot. i can't even make 1 decent character. :-)
Get in the AH before its gone! :P couldn't resist! hahaha
bought it with RMAH profit so it is FREE. yippieee.... hummm... what else should i do with the remaining $200.?
Why does anyone care about more slots?

Since you can change skills whenever you want and hardcore is useless until they learn to properly apply lag free DRM, one per character is plenty.
12/20/2013 05:01 PMPosted by comerain
bought it with RMAH profit so it is FREE. yippieee.... hummm... what else should i do with the remaining $200.?

You could buy me a copy of the Deluxe version as an SUPER early birthday gift =P
12/20/2013 02:43 PMPosted by SirRight

P.S. Please let us know on a monthly bases how many pre-purchases there are. If people see that it is a popular choice then the people sitting on the fence might just bite as well.

What a joke.
You really think a company that tries to sell there product will give the sale numbers.

What a joke.
You really think a company that tries to sell their product will give the sell numbers.

I choose for the Deluxe edition because i just can.
The payment for the 3 extra character slot worries me.
12/20/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Xer

What a joke.
You really think a company that tries to sell there product will give the sail numbers.

The real joke is: "Their product" not "there product", and "sale" not "sail", but actually it should be "sell numbers". And they HAVE told us in the past how well they have done, i.e. 12.9 sold copies of Diablo 3.

Thanks for playing!