Combine EU and US Forums?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
12/23/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Neo
I'm from the Netherlands and i've already been posting here since many Months, the EU forums are a Ghost Town, so yeah, combining the two forums wouldn't do much because of that but it wouldn't really hurt either.

U missunderstood.

there is EU-English forum:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

adn this US forum here.

ANd also seperate for each eu contry too.
France Poland Germany and so on.

The idea is to put us forum and the English-Eu forum together.
I dont think thats a good idea. As i stated before too many different backgrounds.

No, it's you who misunderstood. lol He's aware there are two separate forums. He said he always posts here in the US forums because the EU forums are a Ghost town.
12/23/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is something we've debated internally quite often, though we've always erred on the side of keeping our US English-speaking community and our EU English-speaking community separate (if not simply because that's how our forums currently operate).

Given that this is something that's not set in stone, it seems like a fair discussion topic open up to players. There's definitely pros and cons to both options, but if you had a choice what would you prefer? Would you like a shared English forum (US + EU), or are you content with the current system (where US English and EU English forums are separate)?

If you do weigh in, be sure to back up your preference with why you'd want one option over the other.

I'm from England but I never bother with the EU forums because all of the interesting discussion happens over here anyway and I don't much like talking to myself, so I'd prefer it you just merged them.
I am fine with combining the forums as long as there are separate Trading and Looking for Group sections because we cannot trade or play together.
Defenitly combine them. Its the same game, the same company, the same community speaking the same language.

Before the launch of DIII this very same topic came up. The EU feedback was clear. Blizzard forums are not a place the EU players feel they participate in the discussion. Important posts are always on the US forums and News/Blogposts are often days late of not simply skipped all together.

The result was that with a DIII license we would be able to cross post on both forums and they promised they would up there game.

Now 2 years later we have the very same topic. The EU forums are once again falling behind on everything. Important news/blogposts are once again not crossposted and all the developer feedback is on the US forums once again. We in the EU even got a blue saying that the developers do not read the EU forums, as such it was suggested to post feedback in the US

Add to that that EU is pretty much a ghosttown because realy, why post there when there are no developers? No cross posting? Its better to go to either a fansite with blue/twitter trackers or just come to these forums. Wich reading this thread shows most english EU speakers have already done.

As it stands, having the forums seperated only makes it harder for EU to give feedback and get information. Wich is kind of the point of these forums? I could understand certain problems with merging the forums, like tech support or trading. But those are easy to fix. Simply make an EU tech support and US tech support section. For extra clarity poster could get a US or EU tag (hidden, prefferably). And ofcourse the same can be done for LFG and trading forums.

Thankfully we can just post here in the US annyway. Though it would be nice if we could just drop the whole "check 2 sites" thing.
i do agree that the eu forum has fell off, but tbh im not sure combining them is a great idea. yes we speak the same language but differ countrys have differ views even differ lingo within the same language. its a good idea in terms of giving the eu players a larger community but i think it maybe will be a problem in the long run, idk and thats only my opinion.
I think they should be merged, for the reasons OP stated plus there's efficiency benefits to it.
I really dont get the separation.. Both forums are in english, its the same game, why the hell separate? There should only be a seperation in technichal issues forum maybe.
This is something we've debated internally quite often, though we've always erred on the side of keeping our US English-speaking community and our EU English-speaking community separate (if not simply because that's how our forums currently operate).

Given that this is something that's not set in stone, it seems like a fair discussion topic open up to players. There's definitely pros and cons to both options, but if you had a choice what would you prefer? Would you like a shared English forum (US + EU), or are you content with the current system (where US English and EU English forums are separate)?

If you do weigh in, be sure to back up your preference with why you'd want one option over the other.

why not have three? US + EU as a default, and subforums for realm-specific issues
I am from Mexico but I like to post in U.S. forum because community managers are in direct contact with the developers. Any topic that blues read, and if they consider it relevant to the game, they will comunicate it to the developers. This does not happen in the Spanish forum. No matter how good the idea is, spanish blues are only limited to moderate the post and won't communicate it to the devs.
I think most of the EU people who like to frequent forums come here anyway. My vote is to keep it separate because each forum does have it's own unique culture that may not transfer if merged.
Not going to happen. Although Lylirra hasn't went on vacation like Vaneras did :P

Joke aside, there are many of "us" that aren't native english speaking people roaming these forums,

Separate realms. separate forums. As it should be unless they put servers in the middle of the Atlantic for merging everything i couldn't care less.
I am from the netherlands, I think it would be a great idea to merge the forums, at least the english speaking forums. It would be even better to join the servers, but that is not going to happen, i think. Yes merge the forums.
I think from a purely informational point of view it would be beneficial to have general discussion, class forums and any other outside-of-the-game-only forums combined. Other forums like trade, LFG etc. that are divided in game should remain divided on their respective forums to avoid confusion.

The reason for me wanting them to be combined in some manner would be that there is probably a lot of redundancy going on on the side of CMs and the side of players. If someone in the US Barb forums posted something amazing about breakpoints, if no one from the US side bothered to look for it, or if that poster abstained from posting on the US side then that information would be "lost" and any US poster doing the same research would be wasting his/her time because it had already been done.

The same goes for all kinds of gear/spec guides in class forums. Those are something that are completely general and that anyone who speaks/reads English could benefit from, but they might not since they don't leave their regional forums (I know I've never posted anything in EU monk forums or read anything there, so I don't know what they have).

One potential downside would be forming a singular community with all the monks (as an example) and feel separated because you can't play with these other awesome people because of the regional differences.
we've always erred on the side of keeping our US English-speaking community and our EU English-speaking community separate (if not simply because that's how our forums currently operate).

Better to keep prices the same for all regions , thats the first step if you want to be fair to your fanbase.

US D3 expandion 39.99$
EU D3 expansion 55$

Start with that first then we can merge forums. I hope you discussing this internally as well , not only about forums. ( which i doubt )
12/24/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Azatis
Better to keep prices the same for all regions , thats the first step if you want to be fair to your fanbase.

US D3 expandion 39.99$
EU D3 expansion 55$

Good point, well made.

+1
Yeah, i strongly encourage Blizzard to dismantle the EU forums, since the support there is abysmaly bad and while you're at it you might want to think hard about how to improve the competence of your EU server hardware support crew to minimize the frequent and long downtimes.

To me separating two communities that play the same game is kind of racist.

Is it because we don't write in proper American style or what? I really don't see any plausible reason.

P.S: I understand server regions, because there you have valid points, like latency and other stuff...
There would need to be a way to see the different sets of characters in the armory then. Like a quick flip to US or EU servers.
I don't know about this. First off there would be debate over whether coffee is better or Tea? Biscuits or cookies cake or death err i mean pie. Should we call it gas or Petrol? both still stink. Do you drive on the right side of the road or the wrong side?
Is the glass half empty or half full. i mean all the things that would add to the debates is just bloody insane! I like that I'm OK with this :)