IMO, sns/cm wiz is better than barb.

Wizard
More or less you'll have something like Jellzroc's barb since he built it over a day with BINs you'll have similar results.

I can not be Jelly's level. gotta spend 5b then...

12/27/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Boozor
I think you need Innerturmoil's help.

he's good?

12/27/2013 10:41 AMPosted by JellzRoc
My ar is at 540 now but I have 58k hp and around 275k deeps

meh...

I think the consensus is 2h skorn even though the learning curve is steep. Unfortunately, my desolate ring got sold as I forgot to delist it
...I was going to use it for my barb build. argh...that' means I have to look for another one.
@ jaetch

DP is busted. I said skorn rend dps, as opposed to sheet. Skorn should be > rest in this regard.

12/27/2013 10:59 AMPosted by yodatoy
he's good?

Some bum on the barb forums/ mumble :P

Sales are good man, things are cheaper now so you can stretch your gold/dollar further if your smarter with it.

Some things to consider:

Echoing fury has the fear which is brutal for effective DPS.
SOJ or no, if your farming whites why use a SOJ ? Are you doing VOTA with SOJ for elites?
Hellfire ring or not and ruby or not.
12/27/2013 10:59 AMPosted by yodatoy
More or less you'll have something like Jellzroc's barb since he built it over a day with BINs you'll have similar results.

I can not be Jelly's level. gotta spend 5b then...

12/27/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Boozor
I think you need Innerturmoil's help.

he's good?

12/27/2013 10:41 AMPosted by JellzRoc
My ar is at 540 now but I have 58k hp and around 275k deeps

meh...

I think the consensus is 2h skorn even though the learning curve is steep. Unfortunately, my desolate ring got sold as I forgot to delist it
...I was going to use it for my barb build. argh...that' means I have to look for another one.

Uhg yoda just for that I'm going to take out home equity on this barb. Let's go!
Think I'm gonna have to go skorn build now. Wtf man
Jelly is str8 confused.
12/27/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Boozor
SOJ or no, if your farming whites why use a SOJ ? Are you doing VOTA with SOJ for elites?
Hellfire ring or not and ruby or not.

don't I need SOJ for ubah?

12/27/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Melkor
Jelly is str8 confused.

me to but I can't let jelly beat me on barb build. I gotta be always ahead of him.

12/27/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Boozor
Sales are good man, things are cheaper now so you can stretch your gold/dollar further if your smarter with it.

agree. start with 9/6cc mempo. ahead of jelly right there. =P
I would go 9/6 mempo except melk have me this mempo and I'm going to build around it
12/27/2013 11:48 AMPosted by JellzRoc
I would go 9/6 mempo except melk have me this mempo and I'm going to build around it

sounds like an excuse.
I would start with your weapon/ weapons and work from there.

6/9 mempos are usually overpriced. Esp if rest of your gear doesn't match the price of 6/9 mempo what is the point ?

Hell I have a "crappy" 5.5/9 mempo with 170str. But i put the gold into the teeming and skorn which is way more beneficial.

Get what i'm saying.
12/27/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Boozor
Get what i'm saying.

of course. Darshu, You, silverfire, innerturmoil are my template.
Gonna buy a skorn and a witching hour and a trifecta amulet. Damn so annoying
I you wanna spend 4-5bill that's your choice but I got mine to where I'm very happy with it for just around 2bill and a few hundred DE's.

If you do decide to go with two 1h weapons, I'd try out with an EF and without one before committing. You may find it easier to run without the fear. Even as an offhand it can make some elites extremely annoying and maintaining wrath/fury on 1-2 mobs much more difficult. SOme of the DPS loss can be made up with a WH (since you won't need the LS belt) and the fact that you won't be having to chase down mobs,
12/27/2013 12:14 PMPosted by JellzRoc

Wow! Many Skorn. So trifecta! So annoy. Many gold spent.
12/27/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Boozor
I would start with your weapon/ weapons and work from there.

6/9 mempos are usually overpriced. Esp if rest of your gear doesn't match the price of 6/9 mempo what is the point ?

Hell I have a "crappy" 5.5/9 mempo with 170str. But i put the gold into the teeming and skorn which is way more beneficial.

Get what i'm saying.

There are some good reasons for it. I recently built someone a similar set for 1b, and spent a quarter of the budget on the mempo. (And a quarter on the Skorn as well)

Crit chance is very important both for fury generation and for rend damage. I think you hung around Chaz long enough to know how much he stressed it for the latter, even going for nat's set.

9/6 is usually to be avoided, unless it's necessary to hit your bp's, but I would avoid going below 6% cc with the kind of gold you guys throw around. For some setups, 9's are necessary in every slot. Otherwise I would try to get the ias elsewhere and try to sacrifice as little crit chance as possible.

Get what i'm saying.

of course. Darshu, You, silverfire, innerturmoil are my template.

FWIW, I spent most of my time on barb doing uber carries and VotA in that order, so that's why I have a high breakpoint, high EHP, but low (sheet) deeps. 1.67 aps is okay for crypt runs, but for VotA you can almost never have enough attack speed.
12/27/2013 12:14 PMPosted by JellzRoc

To attempt to save you from wasting ias slots this time around, bear in mind that 42% IAS requires 5 slots, gets you to the 1.67 bp. 57% requires 7 and gets you to the 1.82. Take your pick. If you go for the latter, the rare bracers will have to go. Boozor wouldn't like that.
Screw the booze
Actually. I've come back down to reality. I have what two months to enjoy this barb? Sticking with duel wield. Not gonna do skorn and be a mindless clone. Might invest in a dagger offhand though gg
TBH,

I would have built for 7x ias items if my HF ring wasn't a piece of crap. But I also didn't want to spend any gold on the barb, so HF ring/ shoulders/ bracers/ originally even amulet was crafted.

CC% is huge. Trust me i want to pull the trigger on a nice 190str 6/8 (8 because I can afford the drop) But pricing my current and then pricing an upgrade is around 800-1B difference in price. At this point, I'm not willing to do so, and TBH its kind of foolish to min/max gear like that at this late stage in the game before ROS

My old crafted ammy was 6.5% CC, after I got the teeming it was noticable that the extra CC% did help.
12/27/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Boozor
and TBH its kind of foolish to min/max gear like that at this late stage in the game before ROS

Yup definitely.

but damn...there are some real gfg str skorns up on RMAH today...yummy. I'm guessing both are mannercookie's.
If its not $20, not interested.

Most likely $200 lol