Y/N: DH's SIMULTANEOUSLY shooting 1h xbows

Demon Hunter
01/01/2014 06:09 PMPosted by mikeab7925
If this were to happen, would wielding two handxbows overwrite the first part of the passive where wielding a handxbow will give to Critical Hit Chance?
not sure. i should say the passive is bugged. it didn't show the hatred regeneration in my details. it did show the crit chance though. i'd assume you'll get both.

During the friends and family beta it was 1 hatred per shot. Everything is subject to change though so...

Dual Wielder's will get both the hatred and the CC from Archery.
01/01/2014 06:03 PMPosted by mikeab7925
Check my female DH ;)
and how much did that cost? how available will items like that be after you can't buy them? like i said, without the proper gear it's just not worth it.
You do still need to gear appropriately regardless of weapon choice, not just for dual-wielders, so I don't really get your point here.

And re: Archery bonus, it's +1 hatred regen per shot of hatred generator, not +1 to natural hatred regen. That's why it doesn't show up on the character sheet.
I always wanted to play with 2 bows but honestly it's hard to compete with a good DML + Manticore. But if I thought I could get the same dmg with 2 bows I'd do it.
Dual Wielding requires 2 good 1 handed crossbow.

If they are not similar, quivers will always beat DW.

I tried dual wielding with and without the passive... I don't think it's worth it since I have to give up a potential great passive.
01/02/2014 03:59 PMPosted by TheNightOwl
I always wanted to play with 2 bows but honestly it's hard to compete with a good DML + Manticore. But if I thought I could get the same dmg with 2 bows I'd do it.

While the DML is a flagrant BIS offender, it isn't as hard as people think. Sheet DPS doesn't tell the whole story (e.g. forcing crits at high APS, and the Super DML theory).
01/02/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Brad
The situation with all the current level 60 Demon Hunters that use Manticores & DML, about 80% of all Demon Hunters, they will probably find gear on the way to 70 that is better than what the currently use. The chance of them finding an upgrade is probably pretty slim, and finding two hand crossbows that are better than their current setup is even slimmer.

Yeah I'm looking forward to changing both of those to something else. For sure I want a different weapon then manticore in ROS. A bow would be nice. Shoots faster. I've seen a few good new legendary bows, whichever ones I find I will surely try.
by removing life leech and moving everything to the life on hit system they are effectively giving dual wield another benefit of producing higher life returns.

however the real problem for me has always been how the resource system works in d3. using a slower xbow means more damage per shot so i use less resources to put my damage out. this means i can sustain the damage for a much longer period of time. this equals being more effective.

until that is fixed they cant really fix dual wielding.

so much of the game is a battle against your resource meter because you under no circumstances want to be forced to use basic attacks for any amount of time.
It would be nice if they made DW x-bows a viable Torment 1+ in RoS set up...right now DML pretty much beats any DW set up. DH in the trailer was advertised as this fun class to play, with the DW x-bows and that failed to deliver pretty much...
by removing life leech and moving everything to the life on hit system they are effectively giving dual wield another benefit of producing higher life returns.

however the real problem for me has always been how the resource system works in d3. using a slower xbow means more damage per shot so i use less resources to put my damage out. this means i can sustain the damage for a much longer period of time. this equals being more effective.

until that is fixed they cant really fix dual wielding.

so much of the game is a battle against your resource meter because you under no circumstances want to be forced to use basic attacks for any amount of time.

depends, what I get from the streams is that it has almost no weight, neither LoH nor Life per Second (regeneation). I mean you have characters with more then 100 000 HP here. People kite mobs to death, hunting down health globes. The regeneration you get from gear is nothing people exclusively hunt for.
01/03/2014 07:50 AMPosted by CrniVuk
depends, what I get from the streams is that it has almost no weight, neither LoH nor Life per Second (regeneation). I mean you have characters with more then 100 000 HP here. People kite mobs to death, hunting down health globes. The regeneration you get from gear is nothing people exclusively hunt for.

Then the streamers you are citing are doing it wrong... or perhaps your observation is wrong since you do not play a DH. DH's are actually in a really good spot now in the RoS.

An example of such a benefit for the DH is that dual-wielding has become more attractive since the resource it generates per shot w/ the passive compensates for the bat companions nerf from 3 hatred regen into 1. Aside from hatred regen, life sustain also benefits from this since main and off-hand weapons can roll LoH as stated in the previous posts.

LS is gone and i know for a fact that you of all people felt that impact to the bone. *laugh*

In addition, though i have not tested torment difficulty, master alone proves no challenge to my DH even when face tanking. Kiting has always been a chosen play style, not a forced funnel. Thus, i do not understand this kiting mobs to death you speak of.

In alternate gears, an entire screen of whites plus two-three packs of brutally affixed elites barely pose any challenge to my now aged 60-63 gears on the PTR. In fact, they barely do any damage at all... yet i still manage to take them down in a few seconds.

The Troll Slayer
Sanguine Palladian Autonomous Noob Kicker™ (S.P.A.N.K.)
AKA The Black Brigade; We Hunt For Sport ®
Caution: Will be back late January after my tropical cruise!
01/03/2014 07:27 AMPosted by Supes
It would be nice if they made DW x-bows a viable Torment 1+ in RoS set up...right now DML pretty much beats any DW set up. DH in the trailer was advertised as this fun class to play, with the DW x-bows and that failed to deliver pretty much...

DH is the most fun of all classes to play IMO. Fun is not the problem. Relative weakness of the class was the problem. It's way better in 2.0 but I don't think we know yet how the new DH compares to the other classes yet.

What is a "DW" x-bow?
01/01/2014 05:21 PMPosted by mikeab7925
they are adding it to the 'Archery' Passive. it will add +1 to Hatred Regeneration for 2 xbows.

IMHO, they should replace the +1 hatred generation effect for "2nd Hand Crossbow" with another plain +5% critical hit chance, for a total of +10% critical hit chance when dual wielding. I think that would make dual wielding much more attractive.
That being said, I'm not sure if this will even be a problem in RoS, since the gems you can put in your off-hand crossbow will get better while the maximum critical hit chance for quivers will remain at 10%.
That fact alone, might make dual wielding hand crossbows the better choice, provided it has a socket and you have a nice gem to put in it.
01/03/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Redshift
they are adding it to the 'Archery' Passive. it will add +1 to Hatred Regeneration for 2 xbows.

IMHO, they should replace the +1 hatred generation effect for "2nd Hand Crossbow" with another plain +5% critical hit chance, for a total of +10% critical hit chance when dual wielding. I think that would make dual wielding much more attractive.

I'd be ok with that
dual wield is pretty brutal, the only problem is the huge amount of ehp lost, get around that tho, and i'd say it's top.
There are couple of points in the above post that I want to address:

1. The DH's resource system is perfectly fine. SW and DW benefit more, damage wise, from generators, while slower 2h crossbows work better with spenders (yes, there are plenty of scenarios in which the DH's main focus is on generators and spenders just play a supplementary roll).

2. The Archery buff/nerf - I think they made the right decision in scaling down the bonus for bows and hand crossbows. Anyone who knows anything about the DH realizes how bad the 50 CD was compared to the others. Furthermore, the suggestion to add 5% CC for a second Hand Crossbow in lieu if the extra hatred per shot is awful. Why? Because it's boring man! As it is right now, Archery is one of the most boring passives we have because it just increases numbers instead of changing the gameplay. On the other hand, the new DW bonus from Archery is game changing, and I'm very pleased with their move. Bigger and bigger numbers, while necessary, are pretty bland; however, skills such as Steady Aim that cause the player to have to manipulate the game in a different manner are great.

In summary, the old Archery is boring, and the new Archery isn't, at least as far as a dual wielder is concerned.
01/04/2014 09:52 AMPosted by RedCell
There are couple of points in the above post that I want to address:

1. The DH's resource system is perfectly fine. SW and DW benefit more, damage wise, from generators, while slower 2h crossbows work better with spenders (yes, there are plenty of scenarios in which the DH's main focus is on generators and spenders just play a supplementary roll).

In live it's not but in patch 2.0 it seems ok I agree
01/01/2014 04:57 PMPosted by Greywrath
What if, with the appropriate balancing numbers of course, DH's should be able to shoot, at the same time, her two 1h crossbows when she equips them?

+1