Single Out - Has anyone tested the Skill?

Demon Hunter
This Skill
http://imgur.com/IrxO47d

Since I don't have beta I can't do the test but these are the stuff I want to know

Does it add +25% chc above the 75% cap
Can be tested by stacking up to 75% chc and use the skill against any Ghom/Rak/SpiderQueen/Butcher with critical damage number turned off and normal damage number turned on.

Does this skill work against bosses
(The above test fails but work on normal mobs on the field)
Can be tested by finding single mobs in Old Tristam.

Will it be effected by illusionist clones
The +25% chc bonus disappears when elites split to make it look like 5.

I will assume the bonus doesn't show up on profile as it has a mob dependent condition.

These are the questions I have right now, will update if something else comes up.

Thanks.
Does it add +25% chc above the 75% cap
Can be tested by stacking up to 75% chc and use the skill against any Ghom/Rak/SpiderQueen/Butcher with critical damage number turned off and normal damage number turned on.

Does this skill work against bosses
(The above test fails but work on normal mobs on the field)
Can be tested by finding single mobs in Old Tristam.

Both yes.

Will it be effected by illusionist clones
The +25% chc bonus disappears when elites split to make it look like 5.

Haven't tested. Probably not but....you never know :o

01/06/2014 10:29 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
I will assume the bonus doesn't show up on profile as it has a mob dependent condition.

Correct
I can only see this skill being useful against bosses. I guess it at least has a use... but how often will people use it? 0.0001% of the time?

I'd recommend increasing it to 2 or 3 mobs! at least then it might have more use in casual gameplay
Thanks Nyan.

With that in mind D3MON, the skill is more useful than you think. There is a lot of ways you can separate mob with a demon hunter. An example will be using Entangling Shot and let the faster mob come to you or keep the slower mob behind. Another would be using Thrill of the Hunt. Even Cluster Arrow can be used to separate mobs.

If you can output enough damage any remaining mob will also be effected by that passive. IF the game has a better mob density I can see it happen every fight. Weak mob will die right away and the left behind tank mob will take that 25% chc from all your attacks.

20 yards isn't as wide as you think. A caltrops is 24 yards across (the radius is 12 yards). Mob on either side of that circle will take additional 25% chc.

IMO the passive is a very good replacement for those of you who are using Archery in live. I will certainly use it in combination with shsh.

The only worry right now is that it takes the skill a short time period to identify the mob position, so there may be a second delay before the effect comes in but will also have a second extended effect.

Lastly, is playing out the skill myself :)
01/07/2014 09:17 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
Thanks Nyan.

With that in mind D3MON, the skill is more useful than you think. There is a lot of ways you can separate mob with a demon hunter. An example will be using Entangling Shot and let the faster mob come to you or keep the slower mob behind. Another would be using Thrill of the Hunt. Even Cluster Arrow can be used to separate mobs.

If you can output enough damage any remaining mob will also be effected by that passive. IF the game has a better mob density I can see it happen every fight. Weak mob will die right away and the left behind tank mob will take that 25% chc from all your attacks.

20 yards isn't as wide as you think. A caltrops is 24 yards across (the radius is 12 yards). Mob on either side of that circle will take additional 25% chc.

IMO the passive is a very good replacement for those of you who are using Archery in live. I will certainly use it in combination with shsh.

The only worry right now is that it takes the skill a short time period to identify the mob position, so there may be a second delay before the effect comes in but will also have a second extended effect.

Lastly, is playing out the skill myself :)

Now THIS...... is some good thinking. *claps* Always felt it has more potential with specific skill sets than most people realize.
A caltrops is 24 yards across (the radius is 12 yards).

I've been trying to figure out whether it was listed radius or not for AGES. Cause the tooltip doesn't state radius or diametre, I'm curious how you figured this out?

Mob on either side of that circle will take additional 25% chc.

I do the same thing but for Steady Aim. ^.^ Stand on one end, monsters on the other and then you know for sure you have the SA bonus.
funny you say this I have always thought it was 12 yrds total...Its slightly bigger then COB for WD which is 8yrds
01/07/2014 10:09 AMPosted by TastySouP
I've been trying to figure out whether it was listed radius or not for AGES. Cause the tooltip doesn't state radius or diametre, I'm curious how you figured this out?

I tested with SA and confirm it with pickup+ (each yard is listed as a radius increase)

You can use Torturous Ground to test this. Drop Caltrops and let them come to you, keep the profile open. You gain 20% SA bonus if they are stuck at the edge, if they move in by a little bit (or stuck but slightly inside the circle) you lose the SA bonus. The SA distance, 10 yards, is a bit longer than the length of a attacking crossbow (2hand).

01/07/2014 10:17 AMPosted by REAPER666
funny you say this I have always thought it was 12 yrds total...Its slightly bigger then COB for WD which is 8yrds

I believe CoB is 6 and 9 yards, 2 different distance as the bats fly around you.
The main issues I would find with this passive, is that it wouldn't work well with builds that rely on grouping monsters together and nuking them (as many of us are used to).

I can see it being more useful in builds where you pick off monsters as you go (like I'm using for strafe in RoS). Even better if you have a way to control monsters of where you want them to be (I use smoke screen aggro).
It works great with my builds (I hope) as I play with shsh and do that kill as I go thingy. And I also stack up enough chc to crt regularly, but often stuck with the last few remaining mobs on the screen after bursting out all my stackable damage with shsh, losing many attack options: shsh on cooldown, rain on cooldown, etc.

I know I'm just hallucinating but if I can get +25% above cap I will be attacking with 80% base chc that gets another +4% per second.

That's the secret behind my curiosity... and it's not for everyone, imo each passive has its learning process we must adopt if we want to use it with our builds. Take the time and learn the steps your way.
All of the new passives are amazing, except... Awareness(at least at the moment).

Ambush being my favorite one.

Btw, Singled Out is very good with Impale(it travels fast and is single target), should be the same with Hungering Arrow.

Know the playing field.
You can use Torturous Ground to test this. Drop Caltrops and let them come to you, keep the profile open. You gain 20% SA bonus if they are stuck at the edge, if they move in by a little bit (or stuck but slightly inside the circle) you lose the SA bonus. The SA distance, 10 yards, is a bit longer than the length of a attacking crossbow (2hand).

well played good sir.
01/07/2014 01:02 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
All of the new passives are amazing, except... Awareness(at least at the moment).

I noticed that the dex/dodge value is very low at 70. That might be the reason why Awareness won't be good since it either resets often or don't put into play.

In the ptr at 60 our each dodge/dex is about 0.97 per 100 dex. So getting to 50% isn't impossible. But I haven't saw anyone with 50% dodge at 70 peaking at profiles :(
01/07/2014 01:11 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
I noticed that the dex/dodge value is very low at 70. That might be the reason why Awareness won't be good since it either resets often or don't put into play.In the ptr at 60 our each dodge/dex is about 0.97 per 100 dex. So getting to 50% isn't impossible. But I haven't saw anyone with 50% dodge at 70 peaking at profiles :(

Hmm idk bud, when I was testing awareness?....I was noticing the lowest I got was 60% dodge ish then slowly ticked back up to 100%...of course this will vary the more dense certain areas are.

I guess what I'm saying is, it was helping with survivability in a lot of different situations, running solo anyway .
I did do some calculations earlier on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827882775#1

Never did complete them....but it seemed like that awareness does help a lot on average (at least to my calculations...)

I can try re-doing some calculations with lower dodge chances, or ask tastysoup to do it ^.^
Fair play KirusAlufras.

i really admire your theory, but in practice i think it would be really inpractical.

You know i love to experiment with the more unusual playstyles and builds, but personally i dont see trying to separate mobs with entangling shot (one mob faster then the other) a task that will fair well in general game play.

Also, separating mobs with Cluster Arrow (Dazzling arrow i presume) isn;t something that you will achieve consistently. The same goes with the use of caltrops... this will be sooo fiddly, nyan could have cleared the level before you even proc single out once (slight exaggeration but you know what i mean).

Strafe might make more use of it for the odd stray mobs, but since when do you need an extra 25% chc to kill them anyway?

Like i say, i admire the theory and all your positivity guys, but until i see it being put to use in practice like you mentioned, i can only see it being useful for bosses and leftovers of battle.

Like i mentioned as well, maybe this skill would be a lot more useful if it allowed 2 or 3 mobs within 20 yards of each other.
01/07/2014 01:30 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Never did complete them....but it seemed like that awareness does help a lot on average (at least to my calculations...)I can try re-doing some calculations with lower dodge chances, or ask tastysoup to do it ^.^

actually this info would be Valuable, the ability to not stack Dex as much and substitute with more EHP/Mit values would be beneficial.

But remember this passive is reliant on how much your dodging, so density will be a factor here Nyan.

I don't think it can be a paper test...its more a situational mechanism.

IDK its still new to me too.

Btw Kirus didn't mean to derail your thread...its all Nyan's Fault :P

I noticed that the dex/dodge value is very low at 70. That might be the reason why Awareness won't be good since it either resets often or don't put into play.

In the ptr at 60 our each dodge/dex is about 0.97 per 100 dex. So getting to 50% isn't impossible. But I haven't saw anyone with 50% dodge at 70 peaking at profiles :(

The low dodge amounts is probably why they put the passive into the game.

01/07/2014 01:30 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
I did do some calculations earlier on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827882775#1

Never did complete them....but it seemed like that awareness does help a lot on average (at least to my calculations...)

I can try re-doing some calculations with lower dodge chances, or ask tastysoup to do it ^.^

Awareness is only as good as this game's dodge stat.

With how dodge works in this game, Awareness should be buffed significantly more than 4% per second.

We can't dodge a mallet lord swing, we can't dodge a savage beast charge, can't dodge DoTs, it doesn't reduce crowd control duration(it helps vs frozen, though dodging it). If you're playing a DH to not get hurt, which is what dodge is trying to do, you're seldom in situations where the dodge stat comes into play - the threats end up being the stuff that can't be dodge by the stat and being walled or trapped to face them, etc.

Something like Hot Pursuit and Tactical Advantage are more beneficial indirectly, as it allows you to quickly move out of the way of attacks(the hitboxes aren't like current live, you can actually weave around swings while they're in your face) and hazards on the ground(that can't be used by the dodge stat anyway)

EDIT: Awareness comes off as a PvP/brawling passive to me. Yet, brawling blows. So what gives.

They should just remove dodge, and make it crowd control reduction or something.