Hello barb community. Rate my barb plz.

Barbarian
Well said Gooball. It is about attention to detail not raw DPS and nobody does that better than SF.

I would also say that achieving the desired BPs, with dual LS, and a SoJ at paragon 8 without camping the AH for weeks, is no simple feat. If he slapped on a trifecta ring a WH belt, and socketed an emerald in his main hand, he'd be around 290k DPS. However, he would likely be no more effective.

Edit:

Posted at the same time as Jake, so replying to that now.

Sorry, there is no comparison between your barb and Yoda's. You are using two crutch skills (War Cry and Bloodthirst) and doing the same DPS vs. elites despite 36 more paragon levels.

You are also not a magician and can't expect anyone here to believe that 30k life is really enough for MP10. You are also missing the key 1.67 BP and thus doing far less eDPS. Not hating on your barb; just pointing out the differences that you might be overlooking.
I have no issues in MP10 with 30k hp.

No issues? Please post a vid so I can learn.
01/12/2014 06:08 PMPosted by AZsnowstorm
Well said Gooball. It is about attention to detail not raw DPS and nobody does that better than SF.

I would also say that achieving the desired BPs, with dual LS, and a SoJ at paragon 8 without camping the AH for weeks, is no simple feat. If he slapped on a trifecta ring a WH belt, and socketed an emerald in his main hand, he'd be around 290k DPS. However, he would likely be no more effective.

Edit:

Posted at the same time as Jake, so replying to that now.

Sorry, there is no comparison between your barb and Yoda's. You are using two crutch skills (War Cry and Bloodthirst) and doing the same DPS vs. elites despite 36 more paragon levels.

You are also not a magician and can't expect anyone here to believe that 30k life is really enough for MP10. You are also missing the key 1.67 BP and thus doing far less eDPS. Not hating on your barb; just pointing out the differences that you might be overlooking.

30k life really is enough for MP10. It's not what I farm in; I do MP5-7 for speed and efficiency. That's not to say though that I haven't or can't do MP10 runs without dying.

Thank you for providing actual information; like I said, I'm pretty new and haven't played in a few patches.

After comparing both characters on d3rawr I can see his has 37% more tDPS and significantly more EHP, however the snide remarks were still both pointless and immature - I replied for information, not to be flamed by OP, some self-important derp who claims elitism because he's "better at video games."

01/12/2014 06:54 PMPosted by RagingKoala
I have no issues in MP10 with 30k hp.

No issues? Please post a vid so I can learn.

That'd be a waste of time. Don't knock it til you try it. Having gloves helps.
It shouldnt be a waste of time, I feel it would be highly beneficial to the community to post your tactics. Im sure many of us could learn a lot.
You're coming off a tad too sensitive, Jake. You have to be willing to roll with the punches (it is a forum, after all). The way you initially responded in your first couple posts didn't sound like you were looking for information; it sounded like you were saying he spent way too much gold on his gear and that you're better because you spent much less, have higher damage, and can survive in mp10.

Regardless, 30k hp will typically get you 1-shot on mp10; especially seeing as you're not overloaded on other forms of mitigation. It seems unlikely that you don't have any problems playing on mp10. If you're having to kite elites and other tough mobs, you're not really playing mp10.
My 250m set of gear has better damage and I have no issues in MP10 with 30k hp.

L2AHkcya.

Your gear does have more paper dps, but in terms of edps I don't think yours would be better. Getting high paper dps is very easy and can be cheap, but getting the right eHP to comfortably farm a higher MP while maintaining high Dps is the hard part.

As for the L2AHkcya part that would be the complete opposite of silverfire and yoda. Most of the higher end players around the forums flip for the gold, so they are very aware of how much each item costs and how good of a deal each item is.

01/12/2014 06:56 PMPosted by JakeBurgmeie
30k life really is enough for MP10. It's not what I farm in; I do MP5-7 for speed and efficiency.

Honestly it is enough only if you kite. With his set (2-3b~) can farm MP10, but also farm it for speed and efficiency.

Don't take as a hate message just trying to explain the difference in the sets.
Thought Yoda quit already....
01/12/2014 07:20 PMPosted by xxxkan
Don't take as a hate message just trying to explain the difference in the sets.

Not at all, I just appreciate the information. Thank you.
Hehe yoda's threads always draw an audience.

not trying to impress anyone. but I think 2-3b for 200k dmg with 50k hp at my plvl is more than good enough?

when I was building a descent sns wiz, it costs x10 to make it work in mp10 efficiently.

Still L2P.

Well, I was legitimately asking what I was doing wrong because I assumed 2-3b for 200k damage and 50k hp was crazy and all I got was a snobby, elitist "it's fine l2p" which leads me to assume you simply don't know how to spend money. My 250m set of gear has better damage and I have no issues in MP10 with 30k hp.

L2AHkcya.

You're using WarCry Imnoobie rune. No way you set has more DPS. Defensive runes rob DPS. Generators rob DPS. Blood thirst robs DPS too. Not to mention 30 k life. Molten will one shot you. okay maybe not i forgot barb get 30% DR ... but damn close to one shot

anyway...Its sum of parts that make yoda 2b. high mit high life and mid DPS. You're cheaper because low life, low mit, mid dps.

try and get AR to like 650, 6LS and 40-50k life maintaining BP and crit and dps you'll see what happens... $$$
@JakeBurgmeie

Kindly let us know how you fare with the dps build as follows;-

Active Skills
Hammer of the Ancients -Smash
Whirlwind -Hurricane
Overpower -Killing Spree
Sprint -Run Like the Wind
Battle Rage -Into the Fray
Wrath of the Berserker -Thrive on Chaos

Passive Skills
Ruthless
Weapons Master
Brawler

Note:
Since your barb has a 2H skorn, please feel free to substitute OP -KS for Rend -Lacerate.
01/12/2014 07:27 PMPosted by TimPam
Thought Yoda quit already....

Barb community is very welcoming.

well...I'm sort of retired until I went BIN shopping spree with Silverfire's help. I had to try Barb b/c I really go away. It was Silverfire's dying wish. I gotta make his wish come true.

Now, I'm his pupil getting trained in how to use the skills properly. I have never seen a person who's as helpful as he is. and he is soooooooooooo passionate about Barb.
To compensate for the lifesteal I'd be losing from bloodthirst and the AR I'd be losing from rally, I'll need to spend much more than my budget currently allows. Apart from that I also need to toss the Skorn and dual wield as well as drop my current pants for some Inna's in order to get to the BP. I now understand the differences that I did not see before.
Yoda,

for trash farming like crypt runs i suggest use this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chQURP!ZYg!bZZZYc

or this if you want to use Hota for the fun of it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhcURP!ZYg!ZZbZYc

For Vota use this one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhQURP!ZYg!ZZZZYc

but if you die (i think your set has enough ehp to handle most vota situations) use this instead: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhcURP!ZYg!ZZZZYc
01/13/2014 08:32 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
For Vota use this one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhQURP!ZYg!ZZZZYc

but if you die (i think your set has enough ehp to handle most vota situations) use this instead: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhcURP!ZYg!ZZZZYc

hota:thunderstrike is a good option for vota. Kill some trash while fighting the more dangerous spinners, and that'll keep the latter stunned.