Forcing Diablo to crappy pve game

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
If players want to trade the items they found let them? Whats the real reason to not let them trade items?BOA is lame. If people want to world PvP let them? Hunt players not monsters. Bring back the real fun in diablo world PvP/hostile. Let the crybabies play in non pvp setting or something. I played diablo2 for years because the long endless mindless pve,pvm grind HAD A PURPOSE AND A REWARD to have more stats / gear for PVP! d3 pve gets boring a lot quicker than d2 pve. not to mention battle.net was actually good. The game lists(Yea thats right game lists not random queue BS) were full of DUELS games back in the day, so don't come in here and say that diablo was/is a pve game only. PVP was HUGE part of diablo. you only get one first impression and a lot of people i talk to say diablo3 and sc2 sucked. battle.net not the same anymore i miss it, would play sc:bw custom maps for hours and farm baal runs getting to impossible 99 and have much fun in duelz games.
Question, is it 100% official that will be the case, or do they have no trading on PTR for testing purposes, AKA to see how many people end up finding certain power items and use them. Or how many salvage them rather then keep for later.
Simple games provide value for very simple minds.

Casual gaming has ruined Blizzard with out them even realizing it.
Don't be silly. Blizzard has already told us such things are not fun.
01/19/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Ticklefist
Simple games provide value for very simple minds.

Casual gaming has ruined Blizzard with out them even realizing it.

Post on a profile that can cash the checks your ego's writing or !@#$.

changing to my 400k dps barbarian wont do anything for either sides argument

stay mad casual gamers
i agree wit op

they need to take like 100 steps back and start with where diablo 2 left off and improve from there

a very simple basic concept to make the infinitely more complex yet they choose to do all this off the wall poop that has everybody scratchin their heads
Blizzard should look back and ask what hurt players the most.
RMT or the removal of trading via ''Bound on account'' gear.

To me real money transaction was never realy a issue to begin with.
It wont make my day any better knowing that players found their gear instead of buying it.
On the other hand removing trading from the game will take away the fun of trading with other players and friends.
true
01/19/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Roffles
^
Diablo is a PvE game though.
01/17/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Roffles
The game lists(Yea thats right game lists not random queue BS) were full of DUELS games back in the day, so don't come in here and say that diablo was/is a pve game only.

I remember it always being the opposite. one or two PvP games; the rest were for baal runs, muling, or ripoff trades
HEAR HEAR!!!
01/19/2014 09:22 PMPosted by MrH
Diablo 1 was pve, diablo 2 was pve/pvp which was evolving the game.

Devolution is what Diablo 3 is. Your walking right back into that large body of water because you couldn't cut it.
If players want to trade the items they found let them? Whats the real reason to not let them trade items?BOA is lame. If people want to world PvP let them? Hunt players not monsters. Bring back the real fun in diablo world PvP/hostile. Let the crybabies play in non pvp setting or something. I played diablo2 for years because the long endless mindless pve,pvm grind HAD A PURPOSE AND A REWARD to have more stats / gear for PVP! d3 pve gets boring a lot quicker than d2 pve. not to mention battle.net was actually good. The game lists(Yea thats right game lists not random queue BS) were full of DUELS games back in the day, so don't come in here and say that diablo was/is a pve game only. PVP was HUGE part of diablo. you only get one first impression and a lot of people i talk to say diablo3 and sc2 sucked. battle.net not the same anymore i miss it, would play sc:bw custom maps for hours and farm baal runs getting to impossible 99 and have much fun in duelz games.

A lot of players feel the same, especially all the old school D2 fans. Blizzard has shown with their current actions they don't care about giving players the fun options they have always loved. Now it's just about catering to the masses of kids, noobs, casuals, and bad players to make an easy cash grab with the minimum amount of money/effort put into development. There will always be more new young potential players than old players, so it's just about the money, not about making good games anymore. If it was, we'd have all types of PvP and BOA would exist only in MMORPGs like WoW. Diablo was always driven by trade and/or the purpose of competition(being the best in PvP, or Ladder PvE, or general PvE loot hunting for profit by trading). End game is about being the best in some way, not just leveling for no apparent reason and collecting useless BOA items to trash if they are not personally useful.

ROS is not even a Diablo game. It's the final straw for a huge amount of players that have been dedicated to Blizzard games for over a decade. Like I said, it's just the cheap cash grab trick, similar to each additional WoW expansion. Cater to noobs and casuals more each time, add more pointless content while dumbing down the game and removing what is fun, and sell more copies to new players who just don't know any better. Sad, and this would all have been avoided if they had just spent some time getting PvP out on time, and removing the AH's without overcompensating with the BOA changes in ROS. At least then, all players would have end-game options to find a purpose in playing and could actually be excited about the other fixes to come in ROS.

+1000
01/19/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Urgle
Diablo 1 was pve, diablo 2 was pve/pvp which was evolving the game.

Devolution is what Diablo 3 is. Your walking right back into that large body of water because you couldn't cut it.

01/20/2014 10:09 AMPosted by BigXII

D2 was and IS a pvp game. that was the point of the game - get good gear, go smash other players...

Agreed
+1000