Closing thread

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
01/21/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Jameson
I plan to stay DW, profile was just set because of maint and I couldn't switch back to my normal.

I'l look into an IK chest and if I get ice climbers, where do I pick up the MS(i'm guessing its out of my price range on IC). Inna's seem the obvious answer but they are expensive, especially with +vit, since i'll make up the str on IC.

The MS isnt required to play, but going dual wield id probably suggest innas pants for the MS/ias/1% crit
what is your exact budget to play with on gearing?
and your MH weapon needs an open socket so something similiar with open socket
and black dmg not an elemental dmg.
no the ammy isnt worth keeping for ROS.
crit dmg can roll up to 100 on amulets
justy look at teeming necklace dupe. i even have a 7.5 crit chance a 100% crit dmg ammy i rolled.
01/21/2014 11:19 AMPosted by DizzyKnight
Suggestions for raising DPS? Would love to be able to tackle higher MP. Do MP5 with no issues. Was doing MP6 and tweaking gear until todays patch, now I'm getting plowed through by most elites.

replace nearly all of your gear is what will happen.
blackthornes set is like a tanky set. your not going to get much dmg with it.
You want to get an IK chest / Boots,/ belt , and replace the pants and ammy with either affordable rares with better stats, or legendary pants like depth diggers
replace shoulders with some vile ward shoulders.
and i would go as far as to lose the ias on gloves for IK glove with crit dmg on them.
and an amulet with avg dmg , str, crit chance/dmg
if you collect demonic essences and buy some brimstones you can craft str amulets that are bound to account to get a hefty upgrade compared to what your using.
you can get away with the weapons you currently have seeing as i assume you dont have much of a budget to spend on regearing.
all these changes will increase your survivability by alot. your current resist all rating was terribly low and your crit dmg is nearly non exsistant.

then we would have to change up your skills you use for better dmg output and survivability.

i have some extra beginner set pieces i could give you if you want to send a friend request to innerturmoil#1378
01/21/2014 11:52 AMPosted by James
Thanks for the detailed advice! :)

I mentioned that I have a 274STR/80VIT/78AR IK belt before but is that not good?

and if I do switch to a mace, I will end up with 2.25 APS. Will that suffice?

if when in wrath of the bersker your at 2.5 aps then your golden. if your over it then you have extra ias that can be dropped. i havent imported your toon yet . let me know when you have made the changes and i will import your toon to d3rawr site and check.

as for IK belt i didnt remember seeing you mention it. but you can use the ik belt you have
01/21/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Dravok
@InnerTurmoil Sorry about that I thought I left a response under the quote but it looks like I didn't. I wrote that I agree with how you feel and prefer DW over Skorn. However, now I am in the predicament of finding two decent weapons to replace my Skorn. The AH depresses me so much when I see good weapons costing hundreds of millions of gold. :(

what is really a kick in the butt is when you spend 2 billion on a weapon :).
my EF on sindroid was 2.5 billion from a friend who gave me half price or more on it back when it was worth like 6 bill.
my skorn on SixPointOh was 2 billion buyout from AH i got it luckily at 1 day 11 hrs before someone else did. its actually worth a bit more than that.

gold prices on rmah was down to 1.20 per 50 mill for a bit at one point but now prices went up as they banned the gold farmers and ros nears its release when no more AH will be available.
01/21/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Daddyo
and got a AR Strongarm

bad choice im afraid.
better to craft BoA bracers. cheap enough to craft several and end up with high str 5-6% crit chance and resist all and or vitality.

01/21/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Daddyo
I went and got a Witching Hour

though a boost to crit dmg, a witching hour in dual wield is only good when it helps reach the next breakpoint in attack speed and you have dual lifesteal weapons.
otherwise bloodthirst makes you give up using brawler or berserker rage.
although you can play that way, you would ideally want to have about 33% ias on gear from rings, innas pants , gloves and be able to use an IK belt which has res all and lifesteal. not to mention gives you 3 set bonus for melee reduction.
It would just require you to get 8-9 ias on another piece of gear.
though you may have to go lacuni prowlers bracers for that.
but with an IK belt you regain your resist all anyhow.
01/21/2014 03:07 PMPosted by InnerTurmoil
The MS isnt required to play, but going dual wield id probably suggest innas pants for the MS/ias/1% crit

Well for budget I have 7 mil gold and like I said, i'm not really looking to for what I can get right now, but more of gearing paths for the future. The gold I have just gets me small upgrades unless I get lucky.

I def need a new MH but upgrades seem to run 20+ mil so should I save up or upgrade other slots in the mean time?
01/21/2014 04:47 PMPosted by InnerTurmoil
and got a AR Strongarm

bad choice im afraid.
better to craft BoA bracers. cheap enough to craft several and end up with high str 5-6% crit chance and resist all and or vitality.

though a boost to crit dmg, a witching hour in dual wield is only good when it helps reach the next breakpoint in attack speed and you have dual lifesteal weapons.
although you can play that way, you would ideally want to have about 33% ias on gear from rings, innas pants , gloves and be able to use an IK belt which has res all and lifesteal. not to mention gives you 3 set bonus for melee reduction.

Np I can work on crafting the Bracers, but the Strongarm was cheap so I'll use it for now. The problem with getting Lacuni's is that it's 150-200mil to get the stats I want, which is way out of budget for me. I had to get the 9% ias somewhere else, so I chose Witching Hour. When I have enough gold I guess I can look into getting Lacuni's :)
Can you check my armor now? i have 80k hp and 104k dmg unbuffed, whats my weakest are tho?
and got a AR Strongarm

bad choice im afraid.

I did end up getting a nice roll on some 296 str, 6cc, 77ar, 6% melee reduction bracers tonight. Time to ditch the Strongarm!
replace nearly all of your gear is what will happen.
blackthornes set is like a tanky set. your not going to get much dmg with it.
You want to get an IK chest / Boots,/ belt , and replace the pants and ammy with either affordable rares with better stats, or legendary pants like depth diggers

Done, and I'll keep checking AH for increases that I can afford. The amy I crafted, should I keep trying for better roll?

replace shoulders with some vile ward shoulders.

I have a pair and switched them back in, I thought the higher dmg on the crafted would be better.

and i would go as far as to lose the ias on gloves for IK glove with crit dmg on them.
and an amulet with avg dmg , str, crit chance/dmg
if you collect demonic essences and buy some brimstones you can craft str amulets that are bound to account to get a hefty upgrade compared to what your using.

Having trouble finding better IK gloves that aren't priced crazy. Am I going for the IK gloves for the set bonus also? In which case, something slightly less than current gloves would be okay?

you can get away with the weapons you currently have seeing as i assume you dont have much of a budget to spend on regearing.
all these changes will increase your survivability by alot. your current resist all rating was terribly low and your crit dmg is nearly non existent.

Well, I have 12 mil or so left, but if I sell off my old gear, maybe back up to 20-30 range. Thanks for the change suggestions so far. They have already made a noticeable difference. Going to try pushing the MP back up and see how it goes.

then we would have to change up your skills you use for better dmg output and survivability.

I was going for something I could do AE with for farming better gear, but maybe that's not so great vs. Elites/Ubers. Open to any suggestions. And thanks again, this is much appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DizzyKnight-11513/hero/33191288
01/21/2014 04:48 PMPosted by Jameson

Well for budget I have 7 mil gold and like I said, i'm not really looking to for what I can get right now, but more of gearing paths for the future. The gold I have just gets me small upgrades unless I get lucky.

I def need a new MH but upgrades seem to run 20+ mil so should I save up or upgrade other slots in the mean time?

probably best to save. if you spent 100 mill over 2 months on multiple mini upgrades, you sometimes could have afforded a major upgrade or few if you save instead.
01/21/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Daddyo
Np I can work on crafting the Bracers, but the Strongarm was cheap so I'll use it for now. The problem with getting Lacuni's is that it's 150-200mil to get the stats I want, which is way out of budget for me. I had to get the 9% ias somewhere else, so I chose Witching Hour. When I have enough gold I guess I can look into getting Lacuni's :)

Just checked gold AH, 6% crit lacuni with low str and 9 ias can range 15 mill to 30 mill
depending on amount of str or other available stats.
then a decent IK belt can range from 20 mill and up depending on how high you get some str and vitality.
Hi there! (>^^)>

Nyan wants to build a support baba!
Nyan has a 150m budget
Was thinking if S&B would be better for this?
Here is a link to Nyan's fat man!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359026

Nyan is wondering what kind of suggestions you would recommend! I want to make a baba to do a lot of support for the team, so I want to avoid using an EF! I'm not too interested in trying to dish out the most DPS possible, since I got my DH for that. Just trying to look for some fun in baba ^.^

Here is your second hug! <(^^<)

Thanks!
01/21/2014 09:27 PMPosted by TGBeats
Can you check my armor now? i have 80k hp and 104k dmg unbuffed, whats my weakest are tho?
Time to drop some of that health and gain more damage :-)
IK chest and then later we can work on getting your ias up for higher breakpoint.
also change rune on whirlwind to hurricane. and try using rend-bloodlust instead of Warcry.
that should give you more aoe dmg and also alot of life leech from that rune until you can afford a half decent lifesteal skorn. 5% or better
after lifesteal skorn we will work on switching more gear to get your dmg and attack speed higher.
01/22/2014 02:01 AMPosted by Daddyo
I did end up getting a nice roll on some 296 str, 6cc, 77ar, 6% melee reduction bracers tonight. Time to ditch the Strongarm!

Grats man ! :-)

Done, and I'll keep checking AH for increases that I can afford. The amy I crafted, should I keep trying for better roll?

Its not a bad starter ammy but yes you can end up rolling way better. 8-10 crit chance , crit dmg , avg dmg, and possibly more dps stats.

01/22/2014 04:43 AMPosted by DizzyKnight
I have a pair and switched them back in, I thought the higher dmg on the crafted would be better.
had to get your resist all up and vile wards usually decent enough str and always has res all and high armor.
you can still craft shoulders and get a replacement in time but dont neglect dps or ehp for the sake of the other. always go for a balance of both.

Having trouble finding better IK gloves that aren't priced crazy. Am I going for the IK gloves for the set bonus also? In which case, something slightly less than current gloves would be okay?
You can get a 9 ias IK gloves, no crit dmg, and low strength for decent price im sure, which will be working towards 2 things, IAS increase, and not for next set bonus, but to retain 2-3 set bonus once we can get a couple other pieces of yours switched over time.

I was going for something I could do AE with for farming better gear, but maybe that's not so great vs. Elites/Ubers. Open to any suggestions. And thanks again, this is much appreciated

Aoe farming is mostly a rend / WW setup.
but for now try a HoTa/WW hybrid build.

Left click hotasmash (for elites mostly)
right click WW-hurricane rune (lots of dmg and gain life from lifesteal and fury from crits.(from battle rage -Into The Fray)
#1 key, Overpower Killing spree or can use Rend-Ravage rune (wide aoe coverage and nice return from lifesteal)
#2 key Battlerage -Into The Fray
#3 key Sprint-Run Like The Wind
#4 key Wrath of the berserker-Thrive On Chaos
Keep passives as is.
Hi there! (>^^)>

Nyan wants to build a support baba!
Nyan has a 150m budget
Was thinking if S&B would be better for this?
Here is a link to Nyan's fat man!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359026

Nyan is wondering what kind of suggestions you would recommend! I want to make a baba to do a lot of support for the team, so I want to avoid using an EF! I'm not too interested in trying to dish out the most DPS possible, since I got my DH for that. Just trying to look for some fun in baba ^.^

Here is your second hug! <(^^<)

Thanks!

(>^^)>
well by support i would need to know if you meant buffing and helping group survivability,
Prep barb type?
or combinationof the 2?
if DPS isnt a major concern you can make a fun setup using a Butcher sickle Mainhand, and a rare axe for offhand.
butchers auto has lifesteal and crit base dmg, so look for one with str and socket, or str LOH, or LOH and socket.
then for rare offhand grab an axe with all or a cobination of
black dmg
wpn% dmg
str
lifesteal
crit base dmg (or leave off if need be for affordability)
open socket

Now for build changes
i would move HoTa to right click and put Bash-Clobber on left click (more stun action)
or if you dont want bash,
remove rend and replace with WW-hurricane (more maneuverability)
change Ground stomp to Leap-Call of areate for pulling mobs in and more maneuverability
Sprint "run like the wind" for fury generation procs from "into the fray rune of battle rage.
unless you decide to use bash -clobber for stun/fury gen and want to keep marathon for group speed buffing.

and if your creating enough fury to not need passive Unforgiving, You can switch to "Inspiring presence" to make your warcry and battlerage last longer and cause party member to regenerate health.

Let me know if you have any further desires on build. and as for gear i can make further suggestions later on a 1 on 1 mumble convo where we can discuss things while we switch some gear of your barb.

Edit:
And Here is your second hug in return! <(^^<)
01/21/2014 04:31 PMPosted by InnerTurmoil
@InnerTurmoil Sorry about that I thought I left a response under the quote but it looks like I didn't. I wrote that I agree with how you feel and prefer DW over Skorn. However, now I am in the predicament of finding two decent weapons to replace my Skorn. The AH depresses me so much when I see good weapons costing hundreds of millions of gold. :(

what is really a kick in the butt is when you spend 2 billion on a weapon :).
my EF on sindroid was 2.5 billion from a friend who gave me half price or more on it back when it was worth like 6 bill.
my skorn on SixPointOh was 2 billion buyout from AH i got it luckily at 1 day 11 hrs before someone else did. its actually worth a bit more than that.

gold prices on rmah was down to 1.20 per 50 mill for a bit at one point but now prices went up as they banned the gold farmers and ros nears its release when no more AH will be available.

Ugh billions of gold!? I'll never see that kind of money in my character's bank account. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for a weapon on sale in the AH for a cheap price or if I'm lucky a drop. I did have a butcher's sickle drop last night but the dps was 700. :( I got so excited at first lol.
Hello there I was about to make a thread asking for some advice since I have not played in a long while and my buddies just picked the game up so now I am back to playing. I love the ww/rend build that I have been using for a long time I feel it suits my play style but I am not sure what parts of my gear I need to work on first now that I am playing again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/grog189-1395/hero/16563460

I am only paragon 44 at the moment and unbuffed I sit at around 182k dmg 600 resist with 44 cc and 447% cd also with 2.15 aps 46k health.

You can get a 9 ias IK gloves, no crit dmg, and low strength for decent price im sure, which will be working towards 2 things, IAS increase, and not for next set bonus, but to retain 2-3 set bonus once we can get a couple other pieces of yours switched over time.

Thanks, I found a pair and am trying them out now.

01/22/2014 07:40 AMPosted by InnerTurmoil
Aoe farming is mostly a rend / WW setup.
but for now try a HoTa/WW hybrid build.

Left click hotasmash (for elites mostly)
right click WW-hurricane rune (lots of dmg and gain life from lifesteal and fury from crits.(from battle rage -Into The Fray)
#1 key, Overpower Killing spree or can use Rend-Ravage rune (wide aoe coverage and nice return from lifesteal)
#2 key Battlerage -Into The Fray
#3 key Sprint-Run Like The Wind
#4 key Wrath of the berserker-Thrive On Chaos
Keep passives as is.

Still getting used to this, but seems promising after a few runs. Some Elites give me a little more difficulty, but with practice... :) Thanks a bunch!

Just curious, should I try for different weapons in DW or just upgrade the ones I have? Also, I see some people using 2H, is there a benefit to it over DW for this build? I got a Skorn last run.

Thanks again!