Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
01/22/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Lylirra
Also what resource barriers did you run into?

People barriers. :) Our team was only 3 persons strong at the time, including myself, and we just didn't have enough man power to maintain the project + all the other baseline tasks on our plate. AtD is what got cut, unfortunately. I'd like to bring it back before RoS ships now that we've got Nevalistis (yay!), starting with finishing off the itemization questions. The developers have certainly been interested!

i am absolutely flabbergasted by the fact that a game that made $720,000,000+ in PC sales alone (not including RMAH profits or console sales) is unable to fund a community support team capable of any meaningful feedback and discourse with their customers. i'm not saying that reflects poorly on you, i'm saying it reflects poorly on blizzard as a whole. they managed to produce the greatest selling PC game of all time and yet they cant afford to hire and manage a well supported community team?

to me, that's yet another indication that blizzard truly doesn't care at all about the game they produced or the community and fans that got them rich in the first place.
Oh so you guys are on the forums. Wouldn't have known from all the posts getting ignored lately, mainly about spammed invites and PVP Arena.

Vaeflare I know responded recently(ish) on the issue of friend request spam here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11204620455?page=1#13

And Wyatt actually addressed PvP pretty on the nose at BlizzCon: http://youtu.be/3Ky7Njso_1g?t=8m50s

We don't have any updates to share on either topic, I'm afraid. If we did, we would.

So im going to be honest here...

All I got from the spam invite link you sent there was that you guys are trying to come across different ways of handling the situation which is good, but! where is the progress? I have not seen or heard of anything new you guys have changed, and all I continue to hear is "Click Report Spam" which once again is mentioned in this link. If you guys cant control the spam currently...why not implement a cap limit on the invite/request options to help control the situation?? I have only seen this mentioned mutliple times...and its been months now people have been dealing with this. Really hard to trust this guys word when nothing has really changed...see it you believe it kind of thing. I just dont feel there has been as much effort as they say.

Second link based on the PVP. All I got from that was more reasons and brush offs on why it has not yet been done. As well as what he said about the passive on the W.D, he is choosing PVE strongly over PVP and once again putting PVP on the back burner. Where is the focus on the PVP system?? adding the skills for a PVP system?? all I keep seing is focus on the PVE and its been going on 2 years now we have waited for promised content. Like come on people....All I hear are excuses why it has not been completed and PVP once again not being a top priority.
01/22/2014 03:32 PMPosted by TurdFerguson
i am absolutely flabbergasted by the fact that a game that made $720,000,000+ in PC sales alone (not including RMAH profits or console sales) is unable to fund a community support team capable of any meaningful feedback and discourse with their customers.

Yet they can afford to hold these summits right?
The whole thing smells bad.
01/22/2014 03:32 PMPosted by TurdFerguson
i'm not saying that reflects poorly on you,

Nah. This one can legitimately fall on me. We've got a strong team and had I managed our other projects and timelines better (i.e. managed the resources better), it likely would have been fine. Not trying to fall on my sword or anything, just trying to place fault where it's due.

Lesson certainly learned and respected on my part.
01/22/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
i'm not saying that reflects poorly on you,

Nah. This one can legitimately fall on me. We've got a strong team and had I managed our other projects and timelines better (i.e. managed the resources better), it likely would have been fine. Not trying to fall on my sword or anything, just trying to place fault where it's due.

Lesson certainly learned and respected.

Why didn't you tell us you cut the program until now?

Lesson certainly learned and respected.

How does a team of 3 people including yourself constitute a "strong" team? that sounds downright understaffed to me
01/22/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Boogerman
What about the D2JSP community

you got to be kidding...

Could you imagine if EA held the loan on your mortgage--the crap they would put you through?

That's the point of the poll, and there was nothing wrong with the results.

You're actually saying that a gaming company that puts out questionable product is a worse company than a banking corporation that helped triggered a global recession that put millions out of work and threatened to destroy the world's economy? A banking corporation whose practices were deemed so heinous as to garner them a $1 billion fine? And which is still facing billions in additional fines?

Really?

Whatever, dude.

EA doesn't just put out a questionable product.

They lie and cheat... they chew up competing businesses with their capital and shut them down, they spend billions on exclusive licenses that put other companies out of business, they lobby youtubers, gaming journalists, and other community sites to say favorable things about their games, and they cease control of a genre by monopolizing it, and raise prices and nickel and dime their customers endlessly because they have no other options.

Just because they happen to sell video games, and not mortgage loans, doesn't make any of those acts any less anti consumer.
01/22/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Boges
i am absolutely flabbergasted by the fact that a game that made $720,000,000+ in PC sales alone (not including RMAH profits or console sales) is unable to fund a community support team capable of any meaningful feedback and discourse with their customers.

Y'all are just looking to find fault, aren't you? As someone who's worked in human resources, there are plenty of reasons why positions aren't immediately filled, including the most basic: finding someone who fits.

I'm actually encouraged that they take their time to fill positions. It means that they're just not throwing bodies at problems and that they've done their best to make sure that the team they've assembled will work with the company, the community, and each other as a cohesive whole.
01/22/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
Not trying to fall on my sword or anything

Remember, diagonal incision from left to right.

You will be a well honored Samurai. =P

(I'm obviously joking)
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
01/22/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

Y'all are just looking to find fault, aren't you? As someone who's worked in human resources, there are plenty of reasons why positions aren't immediately filled, including the most basic: finding someone who fits.

I'm actually encouraged that they take their time to fill positions. It means that they're just not throwing bodies at problems and that they've done their best to make sure that the team they've assembled will work with the company, the community, and each other as a cohesive whole.

I don't care if this encourages you. I spent time reading and voting on questions for ask the devs only to be told now that they cut the program with out telling us.
I'm done here.
Have a good day.

You're actually saying that a gaming company that puts out questionable product is a worse company than a banking corporation that helped triggered a global recession that put millions out of work and threatened to destroy the world's economy? A banking corporation whose practices were deemed so heinous as to garner them a $1 billion fine? And which is still facing billions in additional fines?

Really?

Whatever, dude.

EA doesn't just put out a questionable market.

They lie and cheat... they chew up competing businesses with their capital and shut them down, they spend billions on exclusive licenses that put other companies out of business, they lobby youtubers, gaming journalists, and other community sites to say favorable things about their games, and they cease control of a genre by monopolizing it, and raise prices and nickel and dime their customers endlessly because they have no other options.

Just because they happen to sell video games, and not mortgage loans, doesn't make any of those acts any less anti consumer. For every 1 mortgage loan, there are thousands of disappointed video game customers whose hobby has been crapped on by EA. They don't get a pass because they publish video games and not sell oil or mortgage loans.

Do you understand just how big the scope of the crisis is? That the Recession is bigger than the Great Depression? And you're saying that a global meltdown that put millions out of work and caused millions of homes to be lost and businesses closed, and billions of life-savings gone, is on par with gamers upset because they bought a subpar video game?

You really need to educate yourself about what has been happening in the last six years--and the part the mortgage industry and financial institutions played in it.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore. Not because I don't mind a good debate, but I don't want to derail the thread anymore than it's been.