Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
It seems that hype over the ROS is not as high as they expected. Even the hardcorest players stopped playing ROS beta. The presales are probably bad too.

And blizzard really need money after the purchase of 429 million shares from Vivendi. It was a $5.83 billion buyback so the money needs to come from somewhere.. Hello ROS
Hahaha, awesome... if only i was popular enough ot be considered even close to a youtuber v.v

I try my best dammit! xD
Trying to bring the community together is great and all, but the timing is suspicious. What is the point of this summit when it is pretty obvious RoS is nearly complete. Any input or discussion in this summit would probably have zero effect on the final product of RoS.

I can understand invites to fan sites members, but youtubers/streamers? Especially the same streamers that use every exploit to their advantage to finish endgame content in 2 weeks is not a positive influence to the community.

Wouldn't it have been better to invite fans that truly likes diablo? Like have a raffle and the winners get a free trip. Why waste spots inviting people that already made up their minds about RoS? Why reward streamers that already get everything handed to them in D3?
01/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by TheWatcher
It seems that hype over the ROS is not as high as they expected. Even the hardcorest players stopped playing ROS beta. The presales are probably bad too.

They are going to do everything in their power to sell as much of RoS as possible...regardless of the "finished" product that RoS actually turns out to be. It's the sad cold hard truth. That's why I don't think this is anything more than a PR stunt...look at the timing of the thing. There's a lot of ill will towards RoS Beta right now...the game is going to ship to print in less than 2 months...not much time left for them to "spin the PR" machine and try and generate good will among those who are considered influential gamers in the D3 community.
01/22/2014 04:36 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
The timing, the extravagance, the people participating ... let's just call a spade a spade. This is a publicity event under more noble pretexts. It's understandable to build buzz for a new product.

What...? No...!

This is how Blizzard learns to serve the community better. Didn't you see, Lyll (the person Blizzard employs so that we all have the latest information, and have the biggest impact on the game's design) said it two times now. She can even link back to it!
01/22/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Sincere question: You think it's better that we (we = community managers) don't meet with or otherwise try to work with fan sites and other influencers to figure out how we can better support the player community?

I'll help the PR team out... free of charge.

Exhibit (a) Example of community support from one game.
http://www.gggtracker.com/

Notice the amount of feedback/day ratio. Now compare

Exhibit (b) Example of blizzard's community support.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker

Exhibit (c) A designer finally addressing a thread, only to answer slight questions...admit he doesn't have time to further the conversation...and probably not readdress the thread or if he does he adds no feedback. Last part being assumption based off previous evidence.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=12#229

Step 1. When a large portion of people have concerns don't ignore them.

Step 2. Address the question, even if you don't have a complete answer, letting them know you will work to find an answer.

Step 3. Follow up.

Step 4. If you claim you lack resources, find more resources. Or at least don't spend resources gathering people from outside the blizzard team to express your ideas about the game. Many would like to hear from your employees, not your advertisement.
01/22/2014 04:38 PMPosted by Bgstan
Trying to bring the community together is great and all, but the timing is suspicious. What is the point of this summit when it is pretty obvious RoS is nearly complete. Any input or discussion in this summit would probably have zero effect on the final product of RoS.

I can understand invites to fan sites members, but youtubers/streamers? Especially the same streamers that use every exploit to their advantage to finish endgame content in 2 weeks is not a positive influence to the community.

Wouldn't it have been better to invite fans that truly likes diablo? Like have a raffle and the winners get a free trip. Why waste spots inviting people that already made up their minds about RoS? Why reward streamers that already get everything handed to them in D3?

You need to read.

Blizzard does this every year ... a streamer just happened to post it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a disingenuous lobbying campaign on the part of Blizzard

And this isn't for fans, it's for people in the gaming community that have large audiences (if Blizzard makes them happy, they say good things about Blizzard, and it makes Blizzard more moneys).
Pretty sure we've posted about it here and there, though granted not on the front page -- which, yeah, it probably should have gone. Not sure if it's worth making a post now, but it's something I'm totally happy to consider. We'd like to bring it back AtD back either way, at least to finish off the itemization questions, if not then continue it, but maybe in a different format based on feedback we got from participants.

Feel free to email me at lylirra@blizzard.com if you got any additional suggestions, btw!

Piggy backing off the question that Boges presented "Why are you announcing the scrapping of AtD now?"

I am getting an uneasy feeling about where "PVP" stands at this point. Could it be that PVP is scrapped entirely, just not announced.......yet?

Once again, please press for an "official" state of pvp address for the community.
It's mind blowing that a top gaming company like Blizzard can only afford to hire 4 CM for one of it's games. For a long time I was a part of a dynamic online community with over 100 forum discussion boards (moderators were made up entirely of volunteers who just were big fans of the subjects at hand). Has D3 team considered giving such a chance to long term posters/players for D3?
01/22/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
Why didn't you tell us you cut the program until now?

Pretty sure we've posted about it here and there, though granted not on the front page -- which, yeah, it probably should have gone. Not sure if it's worth making a post now, but it's something I'm totally happy to consider. We'd like to bring it back AtD back either way, at least to finish off the itemization questions, if not then continue it, but maybe in a different format based on feedback we got from participants.

Feel free to email me at lylirra@blizzard.com if you got any additional suggestions, btw!

How does a team of 3 people including yourself constitute a "strong" team? that sounds downright understaffed to me

Strength isn't always related to size, though we've definitely staffed up since that point. (Also, note that each gameplay region -- US, LatAm, EU, TW, and KR -- has their own community team, and each of those community teams is totally dedicated to supporting players in their respective regions. There's a big ol' network of us, even if we don't all work in the same office.)

I got to meet Lorielyth from Brazil Community Team at the official launch of Diablo III on consoles here in Brazil, funny event that was, and she is so beautiful! :D
01/22/2014 04:41 AMPosted by KhaoS
Multiple streamers / youtubers are invited over to Paris and have all traveling costs covered, they are even paying the travel cost for KingKongor that has to come all the way from Canada.

This is a non issue.
01/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I read your previous posts and my takeaway is the summit is primarily aimed at serving the community better.

Yup, that's the gist. Not just the D3 community, either -- but the SC2, WoW, and HS communities in Europe too (and maybe HOTS, but not sure; might be a little too early for that).

Anyway, all that said -- I've made note of all the feedback here and will be sure to pass it along to our EU counterparts. You can always reach out to them directly by posting in the EU forums, if you'd like, but I'm happy to act as the conduit if not.
I've begun to start disliking blizzard little by little but hey, whats just one person in this gaming world. How about inviting anyone at random, not just streamers and I'd understand fan sites being invited but again....STREAMERS? as if it isn't enough they exploit they whole hobby with their "don't need to donate but if you wish click link below", lawl.
01/22/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Rob
I've begun to start disliking blizzard little by little but hey, whats just one person in this gaming world. How about inviting anyone at random, not just streamers and I'd understand fan sites being invited but again....STREAMERS? as if it isn't enough they exploit they whole hobby with their "don't need to donate but if you wish click link below", lawl.

I've been fighting this dynamic for so long. It's exploitative and rotten...maybe that's why they were invited-their MO's line up