Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 17 Next
If there is any streamer worth watching and worth the invite to go is Moses, sorry but the others are lame and no casual then your normal player. Moses loves D3 probably more then his own mother (maybe) lol, but this guy is amazing and he is probably the only reason i care to still have high hopes for D3 and its community. No other streamer has his enthusiasm and optimism!

Moses for president!!
http://www.twitch.tv/moses_2265/profile
I am also a streamer, so in advance please know that im not writing this with jealousy or grudge or w-e u want to call it. I have met Lylirra in person @ blizzcon; the cm's and developers gave me the impression that they only watch certain streamers with certain number of viewers. And their criteria when they send these invitations is based on that value, Not the value of the personality of the person who is streaming their games.
Blizzard should say " Hey, we are inviting the most popular streamers by viewer counts" would solve the problem because blizzard and its employees aren't the ones bumping these famous streamers' viewer counts, it is the actual twitch viewers. So it is the community!
My message for blizzard is to please choose your promoters wisely, you all should evaluate and then reevaluate them more often because at the end you are paying for them to promote your game.
You know what I find somewhat comical ... the people that are getting invited to this event ... are labeled "key influencers" by Lylirra/Blizzard them self.

Wonder why Blizzard would want to fly down Key Influencers to their Paris location ... lol
That sounds good, but will you and the other CM's and Devs ever post again on here like you did when D3 was originally released? I was looking through the Blue Thread Archives and I really miss how active the CM's were especially Lylirra, almost every thread was made by her.

We don't have that kind of connection with the CM's or Devs nowadays.
i can't remember the last time i saw kong or that other guy stream anything diablo 3 related. or anyone really... no really go to twitch and search diablo. no one is playing it... no a single person. that is sad :(
What they didn't invite Datmodz??

Kingkongor is a douchebag. The dude is bipolar or something.
01/22/2014 06:25 PMPosted by Cowmändo

it's in europe for crying out loud. How in god's name did this thread garner so much interest? Must be the most boring news I've seen on here.
01/22/2014 06:52 PMPosted by donk

it's in europe for crying out loud. How in god's name did this thread garner so much interest? Must be the most boring news I've seen on here.

The location of the summit is not the issue. How and why Blizzard chooses to engage with its customers is very newsworthy to some of us.
01/22/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Acrimony

The location of the summit is not the issue. How and why Blizzard chooses to engage with its customers is very newsworthy to some of us.

The europe thing was in reference to him whinging about the choice of streamer being invited (to spell it out kongor/moldran are european and datmodz is american). Regarding engaging with customers, a blizz rep already stated this is a standard, rather bland networking mechanism rather than an egregious means of d3hype. Also, welcome back!
These people are very lucky.

I wish I could go.... but being from SA is not going help at all :)
01/22/2014 10:12 PMPosted by d3m0n

do you get ok connection to d3 servers in SA?
I can't watch Kongor for more than 2 minutes without wanting to reach into my monitor and throttle him, Datmodz is really easy to watch on the other hand.
01/22/2014 10:17 PMPosted by MrH
I can't watch Kongor for more than 2 minutes without wanting to reach into my monitor and throttle him, Datmodz is really easy to watch on the other hand.

I agree with you, but kongor is in europe and datmodz isn't. Best thing about datmodz's stream is his cat though lol.
01/22/2014 10:20 PMPosted by donk

I agree with you, but kongor is in europe and datmodz isn't. Best thing about datmodz's stream is his cat though lol.

Plus he doesn't look like a recovering !@#$ addict, which is nice.
Well Blizzard likes KingKongor then atleast, they even wanted to send him presents, or did he make that up? he said it in the video around 2:19 ^^
HA! You invite a bunch of celebrities to ask them how to better handle the community. What a joke. Yes, because as we all know, celebrities are well known for their insights into things other than what they do to be celebrities for.

That's yer problem right there. Imagine if you walked into a store and instead of "customer service" or "guest service" it said "customer management". You are looking to "handle" us. Its even if your name Lylirra. You are a "community manager". Not customer service rep, not an ambassador, not even a messenger. You are a "manager". As if we are to be corralled and controlled. Not to be worked with, not to be serviced, not to be listened to. "Managed".

And its not just the name. You could all tomorrow be called "community ambassadors", you still act as "managers".

Change that, and you've got your better way to "handle your community".

Unless of course everyone else is right and this is all just a ploy to get them to sing praises of RoS in exchange for money or other goodies.
01/22/2014 10:16 PMPosted by donk

do you get ok connection to d3 servers in SA?

Yes I do, but I get 200 to 300 ping. :(