Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 17 Next
01/22/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra
It's not a press tour or anything of the kind. It's more about getting some members of the local community together, understanding how everyone could work together better, and generally facilitating mingling among like-minded people.

Welcome to the forums. It's also cheaper.
Leems Segit
01/22/2014 11:30 AMPosted by RobinHood

It's not a press tour or anything of the kind. It's more about getting some members of the local community together, understanding how everyone could work together better, and generally facilitating mingling among like-minded people.

Diablo and Tyrael have more love for eachother then KK + Moldran. Good luck getting them work together.

True that, proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZ0h5rkysM , notice the *Block Communication* Moldran does there ^^ his facial expression says it all throughout the video, pure disgust towards KingKongor xD

But who knows maybe they'll party it up in Paris.
LOL.

EA has been doing this for years.

Take people who lead big community sites (people who run websites, youtube channels, etc. with big audiences), pamper them on some all paid expense trip (in the name of getting good "feedback" to improve the game), and the community leaders always come back as objective about the game/product as ever ... (NOT!)

There's NEVER any tangible improvement from these events, but the people who once were critical about a game or product become its biggest cheerleader almost overnight.

It's a very effective (and tacky) lobbying strategy -- one the old Blizzard would never have to resort to.
01/22/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra
It's a community summit

LOL - needed a good laugh today. Thanks Lylirra.

You can call it "A magical Parisian carpet ride lifted by rainbow unicorn farts" if it makes you feel better, but whatever title you put on it, with 2 months left to sell units before the stink leaves the outhouse, it's clearly a desperate marketing strategy.

Bobby Kotick wants a new vacation mansion - better call the streamers to Paris to butter them up instead of fixing a broken product! GG.
01/22/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Spank
It's a community summit

LOL - needed a good laugh today. Thanks Lylirra.

You can call it "A magical Parisian carpet ride lifted by rainbow unicorn farts" if it makes you feel better, but whatever title you put on it, with 2 months left to sell units before the stink leaves the outhouse, it's clearly a desperate marketing strategy.

Bobby Kotick wants a new vacation mansion - better call the streamers to Paris to butter them up instead of fixing a broken product! GG.

This.
There is enough feedback, threads are all the same....buff rifts and make them more interesting, buff rewards for torment, better classbalance, nerf hp pool on t4 and higher

I just wonder if they start to hype RoS to the heavens after they come back from the bli$$ard trip...its pretty obvious what happened there when the streamers suddenly start to talk 100% positive about RoS and hyping it forever^^
01/22/2014 11:31 AMPosted by VinnyI

Welcome to the forums. It's also cheaper.

For real... that is sad its like our opinion clearly doesn't matter we have asked and asked on these fourms for PVP and game names with public listings, descriptions and current in game players. Simple Diablo 2 things that were removed that make the overall quality of your games life better.
01/22/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Acrimony
Understanding how everyone could work better to do what exactly?

How better to serve the community.

A summit like this gives the EU community team a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways we could work together to better serve the community."

In turn, it gives EU fan sites and influencers (people who serve the community as well in their own way) a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways the community team can help us better serve the community."

As noted, this is something that the EU community team has been hosting for years now and all the gaming communities are represented, not just D3. The summit itself is not really about giving game feedback, though (since we have a lot of channels for that already); it's about improving/building relationships with members of the community who are also supporting the community itself and figuring out ways that we can help each other do what we do better.

01/22/2014 11:02 AMPosted by KingD
So....Only streamers and youtuber's are community?

Not at all. They're just one part of it (albeit typically a part that does that whole "members of the community who are also supporting the community itself" thing).

If you have an issue with who specifically was invited, that's fine. I can absolutely pass that info along to our EU community team.
01/22/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Lylirra
If you have an issue with who specifically was invited, that's fine. I can absolutely pass that info along to our EU community team.

Sure, I'll bite.

I have a problem with KingKongor being invited. He shouldn't be considered a D3 community influencer.

Source: http://i.imgur.com/7kioJq5.jpg

You can do your own investigation on the source to determine if it's legit, or the EU office can.

EDIT: Forgot to say Thanks.

Thanks. :)
01/22/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Zyron
It is interesting the money & effort from blizzard that seem to go in every direction but the current state of PC Diablo.

Initial sales. That is all they need.

Seriously the blue post above me is hilarious considering both streamers invited don't currently stream D3, exactly how can you consider them part of the D3 community?
01/22/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Lylirra

A summit like this gives the EU community team a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways we could work together to better serve the community."

In turn, it gives EU fan sites and influencers (people who serve the community as well in their own way) a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways the community team can help us better serve the community."

As noted, this is something that the EU community team has been hosting for years now and all the gaming communities are represented, not just D3. The summit itself is not really about giving game feedback, though (since we have a lot of channels for that already); it's about improving/building relationships with members of the community who are also supporting the community itself and figuring out ways that we can help each other do what we do better -- something which can benefit from an in-person setting.

So....Only streamers and youtuber's are community?

Not at all. They're just one part of it (albeit typically a part that does that whole "members of the community who are also supporting the community itself" thing).

I can understand fansites and the like, but I don't understand how streamers and youtuber's as a specie, gets invited. Most of them do it for the money, and would likely toss Diablo in the bin, the day there is no money in it. That is, in my view anyways, not community builders.

Either you are insulting our intelligence or are just really naive.

This is nothing but a lame (albeit effective) way for Blizzard to earn some quid pro quo with people who have influence on others opinions about the quality/buyability of a product that Blizzard coincidentally has for sale.
Tbh, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about who they invite to those meetings. But those two? That's an absolutely joke, an insult to this community.
maybe you should invite some players 12 years before Diablo 4 to get a good game... mh if players are invited you might be needing only 2 years...
01/22/2014 11:43 AMPosted by TeRRaRiZeR
It's a very effective (and tacky) lobbying strategy -- one the old Blizzard would never have to resort to.

There is some truth to this...

I don't recall ever having to be coerced into playing a Blizzard Entertainment game from back-in-th'-day, because there was always something creative and exciting that the old Blizzard regime could connect with their fans. Usually, the connection was with the game I was currently playing at the time. For example, I played a lot of Might & Magic Heroes games in the past, Diablo & Diablo || was similar to playing a Might & Magic Heroes game, only without the steed. The Diablo series was also like games that went further than that (Sword & Serpents, Gauntlet).
Either you are insulting our intelligence or are just really naive.

This is nothing but a lame (albeit effective) way for Blizzard to earn some quid pro quo with people who have influence on others opinions about the quality/buyability of a product that your company just so happens to have for sale.

Sincere question: You think it's better that we (we = community managers) don't meet with or otherwise try to work with fan sites and other influencers to figure out how we can better support the player community?

If your answer is "yes," that's cool. We'll just have to agree to disagree. But I'm curious why you think that kind of relationship and outreach isn't actually meaningful or worth the investment.

Speaking on behalf of the US community team, we think our fan site owners (like Diablo Fans and Diablo IncGamers), YouTubers (like RedTeamGaming and Quelric), as well as lot of streamers (like Archon, DatModz, MadMori, and cdxliv) -- just to name a few in each category -- have done a lot and do a lot to build and support the D3 community. It's important to us to in turn support that as much as possible, since it helps a lot of players in a very real way. Summits are just one way to do that; for EU, I think summits work out well due to how many fan sites and influencers there are in Europe itself across all the different game communities, and getting everyone in one place at one time is helpful (or at least has proven to be useful in the five previous years they've done this kind of thing).