Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 17 Next
Never be fooled, streamers and youtubers do it for money. Blizzard is also after money. I think a lot of people are just angry that it all revolves around money, but they just have to learn that as a busines,s of course Blizzard only cares about money. They are no longer Blizzard North / the old Blizzard. Money or nothing nowadays (which is fine, just do not try to hide and cover it up).
Can the forums come to the summit also? The forums are a big part of the community.

Here is a funny blue video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8QrZPZQArk
01/22/2014 12:37 PMPosted by TheSaint
I sincerely hope you don't believe this. I'm not trying to troll you, this is just insanity. These guys aren't talk show host, they have people who watch them play video games. Many people don't even care to hear commentary, they just want to watch them play the game, and majority of the time that's all it is.

Wow this planet is messed up.

I do believe it, and if that makes me a little mad in your mind, so be it. I've certainly been called worse. :)

I think streamers including, but not limited to MadMori, Moldran, Archon, Jaetch, DatModz (plus the folks at IncGamers, Reddit Diablo, and Diablo Fans who stream) can do a lot of good for a community -- not only because they often aim to help their viewers, but also because they provide entertainment. And, of course, players enjoy it.

They also frequently interact with other members of the community and, more often than not, generate a ton of constructive feedback. They get players talking about things, which helps us gather the information we need to pass on. Essentially, they're information brokers without really realizing it.

Sure, it's somewhat self-serving, but given how much time some of these guys (and gals) dedicate to streaming, I'm glad they're able to get something out of it.
Same with Simon and Lewis, Simon is a big fan of the series if not ARPGs in general. Press is press, and in this day in age online press is good press especially when reviews are good. They are not always but you can never beat Blizzard down enough to warrant bad press.
Always appreciate the ideas and criticisms, TheSaint. Keep'm coming.
Kripparian should get invited if he hasn't been already. He would be great to give his 2 cents on what needs to be improved on and other things about D3, just imo.
01/22/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Either you are insulting our intelligence or are just really naive.

This is nothing but a lame (albeit effective) way for Blizzard to earn some quid pro quo with people who have influence on others opinions about the quality/buyability of a product that your company just so happens to have for sale.

Sincere question: You think it's better that we (we = community managers) don't meet with or otherwise try to work with fan sites and other influencers to figure out how we can better support the player community?

If your answer is "yes," that's cool. We'll just have to agree to disagree. But I'm curious why you think that kind of relationship and outreach isn't actually meaningful or worth the investment.

Speaking on behalf of the US community team, we think our fan site owners (like Diablo Fans and

What does any of this have to do with making great video games?

This whole strategy falls right in line with any form of lobbying/PR done in any industry. You "build relationships" with people that are influencers in your industry and it becomes very difficult for them to be impartial/critical of your product. This is public relations 101.
Moldran is awesome. That's all that needs to be said.
If you dont have a large audience that can be impacted by your opinion of Blizzard and their games, you are irrelevant/not worth the money it costs to fly you down to their offices, and meet with their very sociable & charismatic, company-card-holding, PR (*cough* community managers *cough*) people.

There's well documented "corruption" in almost every single one of these scenarios.

Big Company/Video Game Publisher A "invites" impartialgamereviewer.com to some "meeting/event/summit" with all of their expenses paid, including meals and other undisclosed benefits at fancy restaurants, open bars, etc. all on the company credit card, and all under the guise of improving the game/product, or some other BS that is supposedly in the best interest of the customer.

impartialgamereviewer.com comes back with a favorable-slant every time they review/speak about BIg Company/Video Game Publisher A again, thus losing all of their credibility as an impartial game reviewer/member of the community.
01/22/2014 12:53 PMPosted by yumyumyum
honestly with bliz sending out beta keys to these bozos and not to the ppl who still play the game is just shameful and not this?

Just an FYI, another 3k+ beta keys went out last Friday to active players (1k to NA players, 1k to EU players, and 1k to Asia players), bringing the opt-in total to about 20k at this point. On the flip side, individual keys have only gone out to about 500 players worldwide, many of which were just your average nephalem who we noticed providing great feedback here on the forums, on Twitter, in-game, and on other community sites.

As we noted earlier when it launched, Closed Beta is incredibly small and will remain small throughout its duration, but proportionally opt-ins absolutely dominate the invite list. That's intentional.
This thread saddens me.

Blame them if they do, blame them if they don't should be the title. Seems to be popular to bash Blizzard for everything they do - and blame them if they don't.

I have seen countless threads about how Blizzard is avoiding the com and has lost contact to their payerbase. Now they try to get into contact with major community influencers to get into contact again - and it is of course the worst thing in the world.

:-/

I like the idea of the summit and I hope we will see some Feedback from Blizzard and/or the guests about it. Blizzard can't come to each of you for a smalltalk, inviting those guys is the best option they have to connect to us on a personal level.
01/22/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
On the flip side, individual keys have only gone out to about 500 players worldwide, many of which were just your average nephalem who we noticed providing great feedback here on the forums

Hmm, I just checked but I'm not invited.
01/22/2014 01:00 PMPosted by TheSaint
I think streamers including, but not limited to MadMori, Moldran, Archon, Jaetch, DatModz (plus the folks at IncGamers, Reddit Diablo, and Diablo Fans who stream) can do a lot of good for a community -- not only because they often aim to help their viewers, but also because they provide entertainment. And, of course, players enjoy it.

But you do realize the people on this list have not played any of the previous Diablo games in sometime in an reasonable sense to give a accurate detailed synopsis of current issues that are problems solved in the past that are current issues, and in that sense, they inform the community with their own brand of theoretical opinion vs someone like myself who can see the data clear cut, and I am feeling like a race horse stuck in the gate watching the show ponies pretend to run fast, but just putting on a show. Has Blizzard ever thought to actually contact the vets to gain an accurate synopsis of the past events to get a clearer view of what their potential future may be?

Not that I care much for what any streamer might have to say (they might say something clever, but it would be independent of them being streamers), but people can give perfectly fine feedback on D3 even if they have not played D1 and D2.

Seeing the data clear cut? Funny.
Tbh, I'm speechless with those blue posts. I respect them of course but I dont even know how to reply to them.

And I wont, it's not even worth it.

OK, you guys go ahead and pay attention to those clowns and take them to trips around the globe, they sure deserve it.

I'm out of this forums for the day :(