Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
01/22/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Menacetech
Or you can just focus on making a great video game and the community will grow around that organically: please refer to D1, SC, D2, HL,vanilla WoW, HL2, L4D... etc., etc., etc... Instead of the approach of making a weird hybridized, incredibly beautiful and yet incredibly shallow addition to a much loved franchise and then using what appears to be an attempt at paid viral marketing to further push a deservedly maligned expansion onto the playerbase, instead of fixing the foundation of the game itself.

Build a good game/expansion and there's no need to fly anyone to Paris... they'll come to you.

There's already a large community of people who play Blizz games and contribute to the company's feedback loop. There's already a well built and established Blizzard/diablo/starcraft/wow community that has published endless topics, and started endless conversations about Blizzard and their games.

You know how this initial community was built? By your developers and leaders spending 100% of their focus and resources on making amazing games that people fell in love with. That's how you build and grow the community.

Both good post. I was going to make similar points in my next response, but these will do!
Here you have another advice:

Don´t change things no one asked for.

Why did you remove/change D3 content when no one was asking for it?
You removed Monster power. You removed monster density. You changed the entire difficulty system.
Its just bad now and you won´t be able to replace it because 1.08 already is very good regarding these things.
Yes i need to say it: 1.08 is a good and solid D3. Just itemisation is bad. Thats the only thing that needed to be fixed and thats the only thing community was asking for since release.

To me it looks like you are doing what you want anyway without ever asking the community about your ideas. You changed the entire skill system. Why? Because you don´t like if people steamroll with WW builds? Because you don´t like if people permafreeze?
Exactly. YOU don´t like it. I can´t remember any big discussion thread players wanted to get removed these builds.
WW is fun why are you removing it? Killing huge mobs of monsters is fun why do you remove it?

You don´t need a summit just stop changing things no one asked for and stop killing the fun for players who like Vanilla.

An expansion always should be some new optional content, something you have a choice to buy it. RoS is a relaunch of D3 and everyone who wants to keep a game needs to buy it.
01/22/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Spank
Or you can just focus on making a great video game and the community will grow around that organically

Yes, and that's what our developers are working toward. Meanwhile, the community team is working toward building and supporting the community around that game. They're definitely not mutually exclusive goals and actually go hand-in-hand (which you've suggested).

Hosting a summit doesn't hinder the first goal and directly supports the second. I understand some players may take issue with the idea of summits, and I can totally respect that. If the summits continue going well, though, I imagine the EU community team will continue to host them, as they have for about 5 years now. I also imagine they'll continue to explore other community events which include a wider audience -- like hosting get-togethers at Meltdown bars and even having open round tables at gamescom (which I actually had the opportunity to participate in this last year).

For those who may have missed it, here's the actual goal of these summits:

A summit like this gives the EU community team a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways we could work together to better serve the community."

In turn, it gives EU fan sites and influencers (people who serve the community as well in their own way) a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways the community team can help us better serve the community."

As noted, this is something that the EU community team has been hosting for years now and all the gaming communities are represented, not just D3. The summit itself is not really about giving game feedback, though (since we have a lot of channels for that already); it's about improving/building relationships with members of the community who are also supporting the community itself and figuring out ways that we can help each other do what we do better.

I noticed some posters assuming something different, so I just wanted to clarify. I know some blue posts are easy to miss. :)
Yes, the community team, aka "damage control" team.

When we start taking massive amounts of features out, and homogenizing great niche games people love (because it's more lucrative that way), these well spoken, well written, community team people, will be sure to spin that positively and control the message in the community the best they can.

Signed,
Bobby Kotick
I understand that there may not be much concrete to relay at the moment, but what's the chances of getting some sort of a response to the myriad of player concerns, beginning with drop rates, in place of 10 blue responses in this single thread over the past few hours? It's awesome that efforts are ongoing to cultivate the gaming community, but it honestly feels like the foundation of said community is eroding, that foundation being a well-developed game. Having a well-cultivated community isn't going to do squat if it's not founded well.

Edit: Make that 11 responses :P kinda funny to see one right after mine, gave me a good laugh.
01/22/2014 02:14 PMPosted by HeavyDuty
Oh so you guys are on the forums. Wouldn't have known from all the posts getting ignored lately, mainly about spammed invites and PVP Arena.

Vaeflare I know responded recently(ish) on the issue of friend request spam here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11204620455?page=1#13

And Wyatt actually addressed PvP pretty on the nose at BlizzCon: http://youtu.be/3Ky7Njso_1g?t=8m50s

We don't have any updates to share on either topic, I'm afraid. If we did, we would.
No offense, but I don't get what Blizzard finds about this KingKongor guy. I mean, he mostly streamed exploits so far in the RoS beta to get moar viewers/subs, and when legendaries were not raining from the sky, he played something else. Just lame imo.
I dont know why you need to invite them. Just watch their vids would save you a lot of money. Chief complaints are

PvP, itemization, carebearing etc I remember when Kripp quit after he beat hardcore in 1.0.2 due to your lame ez mode 1.0.3 and said end game in a arcade game is it's hardness. take that away you aint got much left.

This move is see through as hell. Buttering up your critics instead of listening to them.
I never heard of this summit until this year. I never needed to. I heard Diablo 3 was finally being released May 15 2012 and so I bought it but I don't feel this way at all about the expansion although the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and nagging addiction to Diablo keeps me coming back at least to the forums hoping for a miracle to happen.

I see this summit as a way to "liquor up" the voters before the election. Fine, this is private enterprise but In my experience with Diablo 3 is in the 20 months I have played it I noticed the lack of actual changes that have echoed throughout the internet for changes that the actual players want.

Simply, Diablo 3 was making some changes in the right direction but has taken a few steps back with Reaper of Souls. Keep in mind that it would take pages to go over what needs to be overhauled with this game and that has already been spoken to death I'am forced to assume that it will all be ignored again just as soon as everyone returns from the summit.
I never understand why you don't allow polls. isn't this the best way to get the best feedback?

Polls are rarely good feedback.
1) The way you ask a question influences the answer you get.
Anyone saw how the devs behind "Torment: Tides of Numenera" recently asked if people wanted real-time or turn-based combat in the game. It was hilarious. And sad.
If you pick option A it will be awesome. If you pick option B we will try not to make it suck. Or something like that.

2) People cant always express what they want in a simple question. Context matters. Poll questions tend to take things out of context.

3) Even if a majority think they want something, it doesn't mean it is best for the game. Show me a game created purely through player demands and I'll show you a bad game.

01/22/2014 02:00 PMPosted by GotToLuvYa
You removed monster density. You changed the entire difficulty system.
Its just bad now and you won´t be able to replace it because 1.08 already is very good regarding these things.

Certainly not unanimously agreement on that.

01/22/2014 02:00 PMPosted by GotToLuvYa
You changed the entire skill system. Why? Because you don´t like if people steamroll with WW builds? Because you don´t like if people permafreeze?
Exactly. YOU don´t like it. I can´t remember any big discussion thread players wanted to get removed these builds.

Actually plenty of people wanted those builds nerfed.
Being able to literally break the game does not make for a fun game for a lot of people.
01/22/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
I also imagine they'll continue to explore other community events which include a wider audience -- like hosting get-togethers at Meltdown bars

I hope they do something like this! Then again it's not like Blizzard held events at gaming bars in London in the late 90's early 2000's when bars such as The Playing Fields existed partially for corporates such as yourself to hold events.

Speaking of this get together why on earth has King Kongor been invited (all expenses paid) trip. As far as I am concerned he has been incredibly poisonous to the D3 community right from day one. Whereas Moldran fully deserves the invitation as he has genuinely provided useful information and helped his viewers throughout the time i've watched his stream. He's also never tried to con his viewers unlike King Kongor!!!

Maybe I should buy RoS, get viewers on twitch, con my viewers and watch the Blizzard special invites roll in.....
Feedback and ideas are lost and forgotten on these forums, I've seen countless threads by people with a huge walls of text with nice ideas or feedback but without Green text or catchy title and no trolling these topics fade away with max 6 views onto the 2nd page.

Thought I would try, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11364006561 5 views one of which by me and the only comment made was aswell.
01/22/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Lylirra
And Wyatt actually addressed PvP pretty on the nose at BlizzCon: http://youtu.be/3Ky7Njso_1g?t=8m50s

We don't have any updates to share on either topic, I'm afraid. If we did, we would.

How about you shoot a message over to Josh or Wyatt and let one of them put together an official update on the current "state of pvp" as has been done twice now in the past.

But as I mentioned before, we are going back to the drawing board on a new replacement for Team Deathmatch, something that feels more appropriate for Diablo III. And as we stated previously, regardless of when we release it, it'll be a free addition to the game. Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well. Hell, it may even still be added in some form in the future. For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards.

I also know how I feel whenever a game or game feature I'm looking forward to is delayed, but, as with all things Blizzard, we want to be sure that the features we add to Diablo III are actually worth it and will make the game better, and PvP is no exception.

Over a year has past since Jay W. posted a PVP update which implies the dev team is actively working on PVP for a future update - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/diablo-iii-pvp-update-12-27-2012 It does not say they are scrapping pvp and putting it on hold entirely for years to come. We can handle a wait, we'd just want to see some damn progress.

Please Lyl, get us a real update. Wyatt's video and his excuses aren't good enough, neither is "Brawling".
01/22/2014 02:42 PMPosted by KhaoS
Feedback and ideas are lost and forgotten on these forums, I've seen countless threads by people with a huge walls of text with nice ideas or feedback but without Green text or catchy title and no trolling these topics fade away with max 6 views onto the 2nd page.

Thought I would try, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11364006561 5 views one of which by me and the only comment made was aswell.

Pretty much this.

It's right down insulting to think that this is nothing more than a PR stunt move, b/c tides at least online have swung in a negative direction toward the RoS Beta (and with just cause, read the many threads by RoS beta testers yourselves).

It's nice that it's a "community summit" but the goal is to pull some tricks and smoke and have everyone one of those well known online invididuals (Kongor, Moldran, Invis, etc) do more RoS content and try and sway opinion back in favor or RoS.

At least Kongor is honest...he maybe "scum" but he's an honest "scum". He called out RoS for what it is. Moldran is still a blizzard fanboy.
So many ways imo, like ask the dev's part three, for you guys to interact w/ the community, if that's what you maintain this is really all about. (we spent a lot of time choosing questions, voting on questions, what on earth happened?)

I've been reading through this, & I have to say it's upsetting to see posts like this one get completely ignored by the moderator.

For you to claim this is all about the community, while ignoring valid concerns like this one,is upsetting.

I voted on that ask the dev's too, how do you claim to be working on community relations, when you ignore us, & ignore our effort to give you feedback?
01/22/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
A summit like this gives the EU community team a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways we could work together to better serve the community."

In turn, it gives EU fan sites and influencers (people who serve the community as well in their own way) a chance to say "Hey, this is who we are and what we do. Here are our main goals and challenges. And here are some ways the community team can help us better serve the community."

If you "don't" know who these people are, "what" they do, and "don't" already know what the goals and challenges are without these so-called summits, you've already lost the battle here. And when you speak of community, I hope you realize there's a lot of players that don't participate in streamers, don't access forums, or go to these fan sites who should be just as much of this community as anyone else. When you speak of community, you speak of a small handful of players that meet your expectations, I don't.
Save yourself a few bucks and use Skype, or any other program to have your summit.

I like Yumyum's idea, let's have polls, and not just forum polls though. You need to reach out to ALL players and send polls or such to our emails we've created our accounts on. This way we ALL have a chance to answer, or not, within an honest time frame to give you honest feedback and ideas as well. And actually take the ideas seriously, and reply honestly. This is where "community" should start. You all know what most of us want, and have for nearly 2 years, and this is where you should start making the changes. Just my opinion.

CAUSTIC#1727, #1218
01/22/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Boges
I've been reading through this, & I have to say it's upsetting to see posts like this one get completely ignored by the moderator.

For you to claim this is all about the community, while ignoring valid concerns like this one,is upsetting.

I voted on that ask the dev's too, how do you claim to be working on community relations, when you ignore us, & ignore our effort to give you feedback?

Actually just recently posted about that in another thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11365786496?page=3#42

Sorry I missed it in this one. :)