Blizz is inviting streamers to office

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 17 Next
can you blues reply to the other MORE important threads?

this thread is so useless and pointless lol

please use your time more wisely...

thank you.
01/22/2014 02:32 PMPosted by nobbie
No offense, but I don't get what Blizzard finds about this KingKongor guy. I mean, he mostly streamed exploits so far in the RoS beta to get moar viewers/subs, and when legendaries were not raining from the sky, he played something else. Just lame imo.

Hey named himself RIP ROS on WoW and blizz flagged it for a rename lol!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
fbid=455948631195283&set=pb.163109343812548.-2207520000.1390431553.&type=3&theater
01/22/2014 02:38 PMPosted by Shadout
I never understand why you don't allow polls. isn't this the best way to get the best feedback?

Polls are rarely good feedback.
1) The way you ask a question influences the answer you get.
Anyone saw how the devs behind "Torment: Tides of Numenera" recently asked if people wanted real-time or turn-based combat in the game. It was hilarious. And sad.
If you pick option A it will be awesome. If you pick option B we will try not to make it suck. Or something like that.

2) People cant always express what they want in a simple question. Context matters. Poll questions tend to take things out of context.

3) Even if a majority think they want something, it doesn't mean it is best for the game. Show me a game created purely through player demands and I'll show you a bad game.

Not only the above, but also polls, especially on the internet, can be skewed. For instance, take the "worse company in America" poll. I remember one year, in the middle of the mortgage crises meltdown that had folks losing their jobs and their homes left and right--and which also triggered the Great Recession--and yet people voted EA as the worse company over Bank of America.

And there was Sarah Palin having all her supporters vote to keep her two-left-footed daughter on Dancing with the Stars. That really let me know that polls don't really mean squat. It's all a matter of who you ask, where you ask, and how you ask it.

Anyway, back on topic. It's been said but I think it bears repeating: it's not just the Diablo 3 public personalities that have been invited. The summit is also for Wow, StarCraft, and I'm supposing Hearthstone. All of Blizzard's IPs are represented. So, to demand that no D3 people be invited would mean that this particular community would not have any representation. Not a good idea.
01/22/2014 02:42 PMPosted by KhaoS
Feedback and ideas are lost and forgotten on these forums, I've seen countless threads by people with a huge walls of text with nice ideas or feedback but without Green text or catchy title and no trolling these topics fade away with max 6 views onto the 2nd page.

Thought I would try, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11364006561 5 views one of which by me and the only comment made was aswell.

You cant make a game by committee. Back in the day when blizz made their bones and great games they had like 3-4 dudes doing everything then released it. But I wish they'd at least listen to one. They seem rudderless and ever shifting.
I've been reading through this, & I have to say it's upsetting to see posts like this one get completely ignored by the moderator.

For you to claim this is all about the community, while ignoring valid concerns like this one,is upsetting.

I voted on that ask the dev's too, how do you claim to be working on community relations, when you ignore us, & ignore our effort to give you feedback?

Actually just recently posted about that in another thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11365786496?page=3#42

Sorry I missed it in this one. :)

Appreciate you stepping up and taking the fall for it not panning out. But I don't hold you personally accountable. I do find it funny that there isn't enough "resources" to keep it running though. Wither it be manning or budget. It would of been much better to finish what was started, and then say there would be no more "ask the dev" type community event's any longer.

Also what resource barriers did you run into? Kind of puzzling when the company is flying streamers all over the world for an event yet resources aren't available to get a few questions answered.
01/22/2014 02:59 PMPosted by cheese
can you blues reply to the other MORE important threads?

this thread is so useless and pointless lol

please use your time more wisely...

thank you.

Like which ones (i.e. what do you personally define as important)?
01/22/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
[quote]I never understand why you don't allow polls. isn't this the best way to get the best feedback?

Not only the above, but also polls, especially on the internet, can be skewed. For instance, take the "worse company in America" poll. I remember one year, in the middle of the mortgage crises meltdown that had folks losing their jobs and their homes left and right--and which also triggered the Great Recession--and yet people voted EA as the worse company over Bank of America.

Could you imagine if EA held the loan on your mortgage--the crap they would put you through?

That's the point of the poll, and there was nothing wrong with the results.
01/22/2014 02:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
I've been reading through this, & I have to say it's upsetting to see posts like this one get completely ignored by the moderator.

For you to claim this is all about the community, while ignoring valid concerns like this one,is upsetting.

I voted on that ask the dev's too, how do you claim to be working on community relations, when you ignore us, & ignore our effort to give you feedback?

Actually just recently posted about that in another thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11365786496?page=3#42

Sorry I missed it in this one. :)

It really speaks to a larger issue from my point of view. You asked a question, that community member answered it, & was ignored.
I read the forums but am afraid to ruffle feathers, when I see someone saying what I'm thinking it helps to know you will respond.

IDC about the rest of thread, forum avatars mean nothing to me, but you guys just ignoring that, is all too normal around here in my point of view.

If you want us to believe you, that all of this is about us, then please stop ignoring all our questions.
01/22/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Menacetech
Also what resource barriers did you run into?

People barriers. :) Our team was only 3 persons strong at the time, including myself, and we just didn't have enough man power to maintain the project + all the other baseline tasks on our plate. AtD is what got cut, unfortunately. I'd like to bring it back before RoS ships now that we've got Nevalistis (yay!), starting with finishing off the itemization questions. The developers have certainly been interested!
01/22/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Lylirra

i think what is more important, is the beta/ptr section. since ROS is coming out in 2 month.

just wanna know where they are at right now and what they are doing if you have any info
01/22/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Dystopia
No offense, but I don't get what Blizzard finds about this KingKongor guy. I mean, he mostly streamed exploits so far in the RoS beta to get moar viewers/subs, and when legendaries were not raining from the sky, he played something else. Just lame imo.

Hey named himself RIP ROS on WoW and blizz flagged it for a rename lol!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
fbid=455948631195283&set=pb.163109343812548.-2207520000.1390431553.&type=3&theater

And for that, he'll be one of the first who gets a Warlords of Draenor expansion closed beta key. Wanna bet, ey? ;)

In the coming weeks and months, the WoD beta will rank among the top streams on Twitch, and clever Kongor knows that well. That's why he ditched RoS all the sudden recently, and is now streaming and hyping WoW. Seems like a good deal for Blizzard marketing, otherwise I cannot explain why that guy gets keys immediately.
01/22/2014 01:51 PMPosted by yumyumyum
I agree that you will get far better feedback with ask the community type events that you guys used to hold.

remember back then when you would ask the community to come up with questions or feedback and you guys would cherry pick only the ones you guys have pre-approved answers for? most people saw through the bull there too.

so if you bliz are truly wanting real feedback you would hold another ask the community event again. and this time instead of cherry picking what the community asks, just put up polls. I never understand why you don't allow polls. isn't this the best way to get the best feedback?

for example:

poll #1: Do you want ROS to support PVP? YES or no. if you get 500K yes and 300k no answers, then you've got your real feedback haven't you?

poll #2: Do you want BOA? YES or no

poll #3: Do you want ladders? YES or no.

Poll #4: if you want ladders, do you want ladder seasonal items? YES or no

Poll #5: Do you feel the current drop rates are too low compared to friends and family beta? YES or no?

are you now beginning to see how these simple polls can give you much better feedback than inviting a bunch of streamers that don't even stream ROS beta anymore and have publicly said your xpac is bad?

if you truly want real feedback and then as a game developer would do anything to make your fans happy then you would

poll #1: work your hardest to try and get PVP out. it don't even need to be balanced, just get it out.

poll #2: keep boa or not, just stick with one

poll #3: get ladders out if you want game longevity

poll #4: implement ladders seasonal items to keep the game fresh and fruity

poll #5: admit that you dialed down the drop rates too much and bring them back to friends and family beta drop rates to show us that loot2.0 and smart drops are going to wow and amaze us. which further supports poll #2 BOA.

if you are really serious about getting feedback just ask everyone and then do what everyone wants you to do.....NOT invite a bunch of streamers that gave up on your beta and don't even play it anymore. please tell me this makes more sense than inviting a bunch of non fans and pay for them to shill for your product and lie to the public about how great your upcoming xpac is going to be......

Now we're talking, amen to that

+1
01/22/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Lylirra

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=12#229

This may help with a number of these; unfortunately, most of us cannot comment there. I would like to know what happened to the whole 6 times more legendaries thing that RoS was hyped up to be at Gamescom by Josh. Promises, promises....if legendaries are really where they are intended to be in drop rates, then let the lack of rewards flow!!

Edit: Bad copying :P
01/22/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Boges
So many ways imo, like ask the dev's part three, for you guys to interact w/ the community, if that's what you maintain this is really all about. (we spent a lot of time choosing questions, voting on questions, what on earth happened?)

Get some critical thinking skills and common sense. They are here for PR reasons, that benefit the company that employs them, they are not here for any other reason.
01/22/2014 03:09 PMPosted by TeRRaRiZeR

Could you imagine if EA held the loan on your mortgage--the crap they would put you through?

That's the point of the poll, and there was nothing wrong with the results.

You're actually saying that a gaming company that puts out questionable product is a worse company than a banking corporation that helped triggered a global recession that put millions out of work and threatened to destroy the world's economy? A banking corporation whose practices were deemed so heinous as to garner them a $1 billion fine? And which is still facing billions in additional fines?

Really?

Whatever, dude.