@ Travis Day - Missing More Than ONE Piece to the Pie

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Highly Rated
EDIT: I made a new thread which is a compilation of the more important points covered in both this thread and another thread on itemization I recently made. Feel free to read either, but if you choose to read just one then read the "new" one in this link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11422312365?page=1#16

As I see some others have taken to doing, I've decided to place my response to Travis' recent posts in the general forums seeing as how I can't actually respond in the RoS ones. To be perfectly honest, Travis' responses makes me very fearful for the future of RoS and this game as a whole. There are several GIANT pieces that are missing from this "pie", and Blizzard does not appear to be aware of them. Either that or they have considered the pieces and decided that they aren't actually part of the pie, in which case we're in serious trouble.

TRAVIS WRITES:

"Now with that said, the data that we have has shown us that drop rates are in the right ball park but that's not to say they are final. A big piece of the pie that was missing was that we always intended for Kadala to be able to generate legendary items. More specifically she was intended to help give players more direct control over their ability to find specific items they were after. Not to the tune of "I want X item so I buy it" but we wanted players to have a degree of control by saying "Man I really want X helm, so I'll spend all my Blood Shards buying helms and try to get the one I'm after eventually"."

Look, Travis, since we've officially entered the "Do or Die" phase leading to RoS's release, I'm going to cut the BS and be totally straight with you. The time for tact and subtlety is over(if I ever had any). Many people will hate and look down on me for arrogantly admitting something like this, but this is the objective reality of the situation and I wouldn't say it if I wasn't fully confident, for good reason, that it was the truth. I think that you need to consider the possibility that, perhaps, I (and many others) know better than you and probably anyone on the D3 development team why or why not certain aspects of Diablo 3 are or are not fun. The reason WHY I believe this is simple; while the majority of you and your team spend thousands of hours designing the game and evaluating the feedback and data resulting from your decisions, I spent thousands of hours PLAYING and evaluating the game that the D3 team has created. You have the burden of being forced to spend the majority of your time working on the game instead of playing it. Neither I nor anyone else expects you to be able to play this game as much as some of us do, but, unfortunately, that game time is absolutely required if you want to understand it past a certain point. Unless you're some kind of super genius, I just don't see how it's possible.

EDIT: Since people are already taking this in SUCH a terrible way, I've added the following:

Experience with developing D3 is not a requirement in being able to identify why or why not something is or is not fun. This absolute truth will exist regardless of whether or not you are willing to accept it. And while thousands of hours of "grind" certainly does not make me an expert on ARPG design, it certainly doesn't hurt either. Nor does thousands more hours in a large number of other ARPG's. Nor does tens of thousands more hours in an enormous number of other video games in general. I never claimed to be an expert in game design to begin with. I didn't say I was a better game designer. I said that I believe that I have a better understanding of why or why not something is or is not fun in regards to Diablo 3. And why shouldn't I? Certainly I'm not alone.

It would be incredibly foolish to assume that something you've created, especially when so many other people were involved in the process, could not be better understood by someone who EXPERIENCES the product as opposed to assisting in its creation. This is such a basic truth. Do you think that the creator of Chess understood every single subtle and intricate nuance of it on a higher level than anyone who has ever played it? You don't NEED to understand everything as the creator, all you need to know is that, for a variety of reasons, people have found value in it. Why do you think so many games of the past 5 years or so have undergone such long Beta periods?

EDIT 2: I think the dev team can handle a player claiming to understand certain aspects of their game better than they do. I actually do have some experience in creating games and there's absolutely no shame in someone teaching you something about it that you didn't already know. I've spent the better part of the last year and a half creating a board game for a business project and I was quite humbled to discover that some players realized certain things about the game that I had never considered, during their first time playing it. That's just something that happens when you spend all of your time conceiving something as opposed to experiencing it. Certainly the D3 devs realize this.

After all my time spent playing Diablo 3 I feel that I know what makes it tick, I know why something is great, I know why something sucks and I am quite certain that I know how to fix it. It doesn't matter that I'm just one of many players, because I know what makes a game fun and I understand what draws people in, regardless of what ideals, objectives and demographic a game is built around. I've spent my entire life putting an incredibly unhealthy number of hours into gaming and I've learned a few things along the way. You don't know me so I would never expect you to take me for my word alone, but that's not what's important. This isn't a resume for employment with Blizzard. The fact is, RoS is facing a crisis and, as a prominent developer, you NEED to be aware of it. Place your ego and preconceptions of why Diablo 3 is struggling on a temporary hold and REALLY listen to what I have to say, please.

The problem with Diablo 3 continues to lie in the fact that the Diablo 3 development team's understanding of some of its own philosophies, whether borrowed or original, is incomplete.

There's not a doubt in my mind that you and your team have done your very best at attempting to recognize and fix Diablo 3's biggest problems, and I'd be lying if I said that you haven't made some fantastic strides. You know as well as I do that complaining will never end and it is a literal impossibility to please everyone. Be that as it may, I'm sorry, but you have failed to identify and understand what makes an itemization system as enjoyable as it can possibly be(among other things which I have discussed at GREAT length in other threads). The current legendary and rare philosophies are a glaring testament to this fact.

Supplementary Definition: Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

First, we need to understand that Diablo 3 is a game where the vast majority of character progression is represented by the difficulty that you are able to safely and effectively play on. Before a player can move to the next difficulty, they must reach a state of both offensive and defensive power.

For ease of further explanation I will refer to these states as "Power Levels". A power level represents EVERYTHING that is required to safely move to the next difficulty. A player's power level can be altered by 3 things: stats, build and skill. While skill can certainly play a part in a player's quantifiable "power level", I am going to abstain from discussing it here in order to keep this thread focused on itemization, not relative challenge.

Fact#1: A player must occupy a large number, if not all their of gear pieces with the same combination of affixes if they are to achieve the next power level.

You can't go from normal to master without the right amount of mainstat, vit, all resist, etc.; basically every supplementary, linear stat.

Fact#2: The limit on rare affix values and the linear functions of those affixes(as they relate to skills and the way a character is affected) are the culprits for the existence of Fact#1.

IE: You can't just put more life regen on your gear in exchange for less all resist because life regen on items cannot exist in collective values that can make up for the enormous loss in toughness from having dumped some all resist. This holds true for basically every single rare affix. You can't dump too much vit for armor, you can't dump too much mainstat for crit, or too much crit for cooldown reduction. The affix value limit just won't allow for it. Simply put; in order to progress, you need some of just about everything(with the exception of most of the new Loot 2.0 affixes which, without the presence of legendary affixes, are almost useless).

Fact#3: Rare gear and nearly ALL of the affixes present on them are supplementary to a player's power level in a LINEAR fashion, so long as legendary affixes do not come into play.

It's very simple. There are 7 or more affixes that EVERY player needs in large quantities before they can enter the next difficulty. Mainstat, vit, all resist, crit, crit damage, attack speed and sockets. Without the presence of most if not all of these affixes on nearly every piece of gear that they can appear on, you will not be able to EFFECTIVELY play on the next highest difficulty. That means that these affixes are SUPPLEMENTING your power in a purely linear manner. IE: they will not change the effectiveness or function of ANY of your skills at a significant level. The build that worked at level 45 will most likely behave in the exact same way at level 70. From a purely item-oriented standpoint, you haven't unlocked anything new, you're just dealing more damage with the same skills and surviving for the same reasons.

Fact#4: ANY imagineable combination of Rare gear leads to the same wall in Power level. This wall cannot be breached except through the use of legendary-specific affixes.

As you move to higher difficulties, you are actually offered FEWER choices in how you wish to build your character through items(Again, outside of legendary affixes). This is because every increase in difficulty requires nothing more than higher values of the same stats you've been using since the beginning and, therefore, a greater presence of those stats on your assortment of items. Since these stats eventually cap, we are left with the existence of Fact#4.

Fact#5: The power granted by legendary affixes, especially when used in synergy, is TREMENDOUSLY higher than ANYTHING that is capable with ANY combination of Rare gear and non-legendary affixes. Again, please note that I don't claim this fact to be a problem with legendary items, it is simply a fact worth stating for the purpose of this thread.

The problem with the current itemization philosophy is that the ONLY way to generate power past the Rare item "wall" is through the use of legendaries. However, it is EXTREMELY important to note that it is not the Legendary items or their design that is the problem. Legendary items should be exactly what many of them currently are in beta/PTR; game-changers. It is the SUPPLEMENTARY nature of just about every single non-legendary affix that will cause loot 2.0 to fail.

What we need to focus on, is the abysmal state of almost every single NON-legendary affix. You need to understand that this is a very REAL, yet "clouded" reason as to why players are so frustrated with the drop rates. It's very simple, you hear hoof beats and assume horses. "They're mad cause they acquiring legendaries too slowly". Have you ever once considered the underlying reasons and negative implications that result from players depending so heavily on the drop rates of one "type" of item(legendaries)? Did you ever consider the implications of a system who's sole method to achieving higher power levels through items is to take advantage of legendary AFFIXES? Do you not realize that non-legendary affixes currently cannot even exist in such a way that allows them to advance a player to the next power level past a certain, easily-obtainable point? Do you know WHY this is? Do you know WHY it almost certainly indicates the eventual failure of loot 2.0?

Just to be clear, this is NOT simply a request to increase the power and importance of rare items, though that is certainly one of the end results(sort of...). You can't just increase the potential value of every stat and rely on the standard rare droprate to support the increased limits. It's much more complicated than just increasing certain stats. This issue boils down to several things:

-The lack of varying purposes of which affixes that AREN'T unique to legendaries, can serve.

-The values required for reaching these varying purposes.

-The available affix space to support these varying purposes.

-The manner and rate at which players acquire these affixes.

You have literally proven that the itemization philosophy I've been trying so hard to get you to understand for over a year now, is undoubtedly correct. The most interesting thing about that philosophy is that Loot 2.0 made it even easier to recognize as being correct. You've done this by proving that ALL of these rare affixes have a very simple and linear LIMIT and function. That is, they are not capable of influencing builds or meaningful choices on their own; only in mass, collective quantities, both in the amount of affix real estate they occupy and in their actual values, are they able to accomplish anything at all. And, unfortunately, the thing they always end up accomplishing is a 100% linear increase in power level.

You've forgotten something SO INCREDIBLY CRUCIAL while developing the smart drop loot system and Loot 2.0 in general: Players labeled the majority of their items as "crap" not just because of the enormous possible range of the affix values and the over abundance of items, but because there were so FEW affixes that could truly change the way they view and play the game, and the ones that COULD change the game weren't actually able to appear in values that had much(if any) real effect. Every player viewed power as an entirely static existence, because that's exactly what it was! That means that an item without the affixes and values needed to achieve this power was immediately considered "crap". Itemization was simply a game of tossing any item that was lacking 1 or more of the affixes of acceptable value that was REQUIRED to progress in power level. So yeah, of course you're going to end up throwing everything away. Loot 2.0 fixed this part of the system by making it more likely for these affixes to show up and, when they do show up, make sure that their values didn't vary so much.

So why do I think Loot 2.0 is going to fail? Simple! Because almost every single NON-legendary affix is nearly incapable of being utilized in anything other than a purely supplemental way. With Loot 2.0, almost every item will now drop with far greater power than before with a MUCH tighter variation in potential affix values. So why is the gear still SO BORING? Because it's all the same! Mainstat, vit, all resist, crit, crit damage, attack speed; it's still ALL over the place on just about every item and in every affix slot it can be! This is nothing more than an illusion of choice. So what happens when you try to change it up by utilizing some of the newer affixes without the presence of legendary items? You go DOWN one or more power levels! This is because any affix that actually has the potential to change your style of play and increase your power in a NON-linear manner, literally cannot appear in both individual and collective values high enough to support its practical use, nor is there enough available affix real estate for them to exist on your gear in the first place. Are you beginning to see why players are so upset with the legendary drop rates(aside from the obvious). It's because Legendary affixes are their ONLY options of real power!

When there's only one path to power, you're inevitably going to run into a TON of problems when trying to balance the distance a player must travel that path before reaching the next milestone. Your greatest downfal was in your assumption that there was in fact "one ring to rule them all".

You will never find a solid balance using a system where there is only one source of power (legendaries) past a certain point. Players MUST be presented with a system of itemization that allows them MULTIPLE paths to power from the very beginning all the way to the end. It's NOT impossible to make this happen and it WILL increase the enjoyment of Diablo 3 by an unbeleivable amount.

Look at it this way:

Please note that all of this pertains to PTR 2.0 and/or RoS Beta.

Pretend that Diablo 3 progression is a tall building and you are in the stairwell. Non-legendary affixes currently represent stairs. Every time you add to these affix values you are building another step that takes you closer to the next floor(difficulty). Many Legendary affixes, especially in synergy with each other, are anything BUT steps. They are trampolines, rocket boots, jet packs, anti-gravity suits, monster trucks... You get the idea. The most unfortunate thing about all of this is that EVERY SINGLE AFFIX, not just the legendary ones, have the POTENTIAL to exist as these alternatative, non-linear forms of getting you to the next "floor". This is essentially a civil rights movement with NON-legendary affixes as the focus. It's not to say that every affix should offer the power of a legendary affix, it's just to say that a player should be granted the freedom to MAKE this happen with enough work, luck and creativity. The problem is that Loot 2.0 simply cannot support the utilization of non-legendary affixes past the point of existing as "steps" on a staircase. 99% of the weight for Loot 2.0's succes rests on Legendary items. That's just never going to work well(or at least, not NEARLY as well as it COULD).

I'm not requesting that you remove the requirement of obtaining a certain level of offensive and defensive power before moving on to the next difficulty. I'm simply asking that you allow a system of itemization in which EVERY affix can help get you there in it's own, unique way, as opposed to a giant clusterfudge of items that all look almost identical(with the exception of legendary affixes, again).

As far as proving the validity of my itemization philosophy, you've actually done me a favor with the smart drop system by making it easier for the average player to identify the truth. Almost every item will now drop with far greater power than before with a MUCH tighter variation. So why is the gear still SO BORING? Because it's all the same! Mainstat, vit, all resist, crit, crit damage, attack speed; it's still ALL over the place on just about every item and in every affix slot it can be! So what happens when you try to change it up by utilizing some of the newer affixes without the presence of legendary items? You go DOWN one or more power levels! This is because any affix that actually has the potential to change your style of play and increase your power in a NON-linear manner, literally cannot appear in both individual and collective values high enough to support its practical use, nor is there enough available affix real estate for them to exist on your gear in the first place. This is such a HUGE reason for the enormous dissatisfaction with the current legendary drop rates.

When there's only one path to power, you're inevitably going to run into a TON of problems when trying to balance the distance a player must travel that path before reaching the next milestone. Your greatest downfal was in your assumption that there was in fact "one ring to rule them all".

You will never find a solid balance using a system where there is only one source of power (legendaries) past a certain point. Players MUST be presented with a system of itemization that allows them MULTIPLE paths to power from the very beginning all the way to the end. There are several steps to fixing these problems, all of which I've outlined in this thread. Specifically, please see the following sections:

Heavy Armor System

Temper System

Prime Loot System

They begin more than halfway down the post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11422312365

If you are still not convinced that my philosophy is correct then I have nothing further to say on the matter. All I ask is that you give REAL consideration to what I have worked VERY hard(for free) to evaluate and write.

TRAVIS WRITES:

"Second, the drop rates being "in the ballpark" means they aren't off by a factor of 10. The F&F drop rates were at least 5 times higher than what we were aiming for, and the current drop rates are probably likely within the 50-100% range. Again Kadala is meant to cover some of this ground and if she ends up covering more than we want her to we will reduce her chance to generate legendary items and shift the difference into the monsters. It's a big ballpark but from a top down look, it's not TOO far from where we want it to be."

I'm going to second the opinion of every single person in the Diablo 3 community, they are nowhere NEAR the ballpark of where they need to be. If someone like myself who plays ALL THE TIME and knows the absolute best farming methods cannot find an entire Immortal Kings set within my first 200 hours of play @ level 70 then something is very wrong. As it stands now, I feel that I'm looking at something closer to a 500-700 hour time investment before I come even close to making this happen. I mean, I've put in over 100 hours into RoS and I haven't found a single IK piece let alone an entire set... In fact, I've found a collective total of about 16 legendary items during my time with RoS. What you have to understand is that finding the set is just the first step, the next step is finding a set that actually has the affixes and rolls on it that you're looking for. THAT is the part that should take a very long time.

As for Kadala, while I definitely want a system that allows us to narrow our search to a specific item slot, I agree with the others who've stated that they feel this method of discovering items is completely without excitement. Then again, I've spent about 1800 shards and have yet to discover a single legendary through gambling, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.

TRAVIS WRITES:

"Let me ask you this. What amount of time do you personally think it should take to get a legendary?

From the moment an average-skilled player hits level 70, an acceptable drop rate would be about 1 legendary every 1.5 - 2 hours. A player with fresh 70 gear is going to be ramping up in power quickly so this rate must increase quickly as well. A player with about 30-50 hours invested @70 should be finding at least one legendary per hour. A player with 80-100 hours invested should be able to move up to expert/master difficulty and find 1 legendary every 20-40 minutes. A player who has just entered Torment should go back to finding a legendary every 1.5-2 hours, except now they will be torment-level legendaries. The torment-level legendary droprate curve should reflect something that requires around 2-3x more playtime between intervals than what players experienced the moment they hit 70. So basically it's a similar curve, except this time you're starting with a much larger initial time investment.

TRAVIS WRITES:

I'll say outright that when it comes to rewards what players want and what designers want are generally not going to sync up.

As I've explained in this thread and the one I directed you to, that is because the path to power you have layed out is completely linear and reliant on legendary affixes.
I like this post...
"I know better than you"

AAAND Gosu loses all possible credibility he might have had with the devs. Well done! That's like saying the best guitar player in the world would make the best guitar teacher!
01/22/2014 09:13 PMPosted by DexterousGek
AAAND Gosu loses all possible credibility he might have had with the devs. Well done! That's like saying the best guitar player in the world would make the best guitar teacher!

Except that it has NOTHING to do with skill and EVERYTHING to do with experience and knowledge.
01/22/2014 09:17 PMPosted by Gosu

Except that it has NOTHING to do with skill and EVERYTHING to do with experience and knowledge.

Gosu, I'll let you in on a little secret that you don't seem to get. You have NO experience in developing D3. Thousands of hours grinding do NOT make you an expert on arpg game design. Knowing what is fun for you doesn't make you experienced or knowledgeable in game design.
Cliffs? I stopped reading after two paragraphs of self aggrandizement.
I am sorry. Travis, what you stated.what the developer wants and the players want wont sync. Without us players, you wont even have a job....I don't mean to be a !@#, but shouldn't you cateer to your blizzard fans so we could keep supporting the company....
01/22/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Gosu
From the moment an average-skilled player hits level 70, an acceptable drop rate would be about 1 legendary every 1.5 - 2 hours. A player with fresh 70 gear is going to be ramping up in power quickly so this rate must increase quickly as well. A player with about 30-50 hours invested @70 should be finding at least one legendary per hour. A player with 80-100 hours invested should be able to move up to expert/master difficulty and find 1 legendary every 20-40 minutes. A player who has just entered Torment should go back to finding a legendary every 1.5-2 hours, except now they will be torment-level legendaries. The torment-level legendary droprate curve should reflect something that requires around 2-3x more playtime between intervals than what players experienced the moment they hit 70. So basically it's a similar curve, except this time you're starting with a much larger initial time investment.

This sounds about right with BoA in tow.

It is clear you put a lot of time and effort into your feedback and you really know what you're talking about but the "I know better than you" thing is counting against you here.
Point made is how do you define what's fun. Why do you enjoy games? Why did you buy Diablo 3? RoS? Are you still as excited as when D3 first released? Are you are a casual gamer or diehard? At what point, do you get bored or frustrated -- taking a break from games / from D3? What makes you come back?
01/22/2014 09:40 PMPosted by SilverFox
Point made is how do you define what's fun.

Of course, there is no possible way to create a game that EVERYONE considers "fun". The only thing you can do is identify the things that people DO find fun, then evaluate WHY they find them to be fun and figure out the best way to incorporate them into the game.
Gosu you don't have a fraction of the information available to the dev team. Maybe you are right about what needs to happen but this may simply not be possible given the resources and time the team has.

Even for those of us that struggle with many of the dev team has made openly saying you know better than them may just be crossing the line here..........solid feedback though makes logical sense :-)
01/22/2014 09:48 PMPosted by Gibs
Gosu you don't have a fraction of the information available to the dev team. Maybe you are right about what needs to happen but this may simply not be possible given the resources and time the team has.

Even for those of us that struggle with many of the dev team has made openly saying you know better than them may just be crossing the line here..........solid feedback though makes logical sense :-)

You're right, I don't have access to much of the raw data that they possess. Unfortunately, from where I stand, this data doesn't appear to have done anything for them that wasn't able to be verified by simply playing the game.

Maybe I'm right, and maybe I'm not. We'll probably never know either way but it doesn't hurt anyone to put it out there.

I think the dev team can handle a player claiming to understand certain aspects of their game better than they do. I actually do have some experience in creating games and there's absolutely no shame in someone teaching you something about it that you didn't already know. I've spent the better part of the last year and a half creating a board game for a business project and I was quite humbled to discover that some players realized certain things about the game that I had never considered, during their first time playing it. That's just something that happens when you spend all of your time conceiving something as opposed to experiencing it. Certainly the D3 devs realize this.
A little cocky but that's alright. Everyone else just need something to !@#$% about.

I like your idea of increasing legendary drop rates as you invest more hours.
01/22/2014 09:19 PMPosted by DexterousGek
Gosu, I'll let you in on a little secret that you don't seem to get. You have NO experience in developing D3. Thousands of hours grinding do NOT make you an expert on arpg game design. Knowing what is fun for you doesn't make you experienced or knowledgeable in game design.

Experience with developing D3 is not a requirement in being able to identify why or why not something is or is not fun. This absolute truth will exist regardless of whether or not you are willing to accept it. And while thousands of hours of "grind" certainly does not make me an expert on ARPG design, it certainly doesn't hurt either. Nor does thousands more hours in a large number of other ARPG's. Nor does tens of thousands more hours in an enormous number of other video games in general. I never claimed to be an expert in game design to begin with. I didn't say I was a better game designer. I said that I believe that I have a better understanding of why or why not something is or is not fun in regards to Diablo 3. And why shouldn't I? Certainly I'm not alone.

It would be incredibly foolish to assume that something you've created, especially when so many other people were involved in the process, could not be better understood by someone who EXPERIENCES the product as opposed to assisting in its creation. This is such a basic truth. Do you think that the creator of Chess understood every single subtle and intricate nuance of it on a higher level than anyone who has ever played it? You don't NEED to understand everything as the creator, all you need to know is that, for a variety of reasons, people have found value in it. Why do you think so many games of the past 5 years or so have undergone such long Beta periods?
01/22/2014 09:40 PMPosted by SilverFox
Point made is how do you define what's fun.

A person doesn't necessarily have to define what's fun. In fact, it's much easier to define what, for most people, is not fun.

Putting 500 hours into a game to end up with a character that is nowhere near what you want it to be is not fun.

Finding 100 consecutive "legendary" items that are complete garbage is not fun.

Grinding for hundreds of hours looking for an upgrade that you're no longer confident that you'll ever see is not fun.

Gosu is right on with his post. The dev's and designers don't seem to have a clue and what's worse, their customers don't have a clue as to what it is they should be expecting from them. I mean really... how many times did this team state that collecting loot from monsters that you kill is the best way to play the game? ... and then they try to explain how gambling playing a major role in "finding" items is a good thing? They can't even keep their message straight for 60 days, it's no wonder this game is such a mess.
01/23/2014 03:51 PMPosted by jcroxxxx
The dev's and designers don't seem to have a clue and what's worse, their customers don't have a clue as to what it is they should be expecting from them. I mean really... how many times did this team state that collecting loot from monsters that you kill is the best way to play the game? ... and then they try to explain how gambling playing a major role in "finding" items is a good thing? They can't even keep their message straight for 60 days, it's no wonder this game is such a mess.

Pretty much. It's evident even the dev's themselves don't play the game they've made or are making. Flip Flop city with zero vision. Just knee jerk designing, see what happens, and go from there.
I gave u a 'like' OP

This game was in development for so long that's not even funny what they delivered. And changing the game director or the game designer (whichever it was) was not the solution.

Look at this, 60 days to xpac release and they are clueless on how to fix core issues. When they fired JW, everyone else should have been gone, all of them, he was not the only one to blame that's for sure.

I have spent close to 2k hrs and I already got the xpac. But tbh, I think I'm gonna enjoy the couple of changes they made and in 2-3 months... that will be the end, they just killed the most beloved franchise :(
Itemization needs a complete re-design from the ground up. Basing everything around Main stat, Vit, All resist, CC, CHC is ridiculous.

"HEY GUYS!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EXPANSION WHEN OUR FAVORITE STAT NUMBERS ARE INCREASED !!!! "

All gear is the same. Just change out main stat depending on the class.

BORING!