So, no loot for D3V?

General Discussion
01/23/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Ryuusei
I honestly don't disagree with your reasoning, but I think that you contributed to this topic a lot more constructively than the OP and many others have. It's one thing to read between the lines and call out a certain concern, it's another to slander the developer that we want to communicate with us more often.

I think players have gotten to the point that they feel posting constructively doesn't achieve much.

I see what you are saying about slandering Blizzard. I just want them to make the games they used to make. They don't make bad games by any stretch. I would say most of their games are mediocre now. They used to make the best games.
I actually didn´t need Travis´ post to realise there won´t be much left vor D3V players.

I farm on Live Server and its fun. I farm on PTR and its boring and non-rewarding. Travis´ just proved me right they will force you to buy the exp, or at least try to. I posted that 4 weeks ago already when PTR was available.

Nothing has changed except they made Torment accessable for everyone.
01/23/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Matte
Paragon2.0 free for vanilla but you wont get levels :>

Loot2.0 free for vanilla but you wont find items :>

Stop posting nonsense and go platy the prt. I'm doing well under 2.0.
The answer is "yes". That is absolutely how I read his post. If you do not buy RoS, your game will now be measurably worse.

This is a new concept to expansion packs. They always added new things that you would want to play. However, I do not remember them changing the base game drastically for the worse just by their existence
This right here is my biggest beef with Blizz right now. They're so caught up trying to milk RoS that to them, it's okay to screw vanilla players over.

Either they are deluded to think people will be suckered into buying RoS lock stock and barrel just like vanilla, or they hope to "force" people to fork out money just to have something playable again.

Either way, I'm not going to be part of this travesty. You won't get a cent from me Blizz, till you show me some sincerity.

Well I can't see them ever pleasing you so I guess you should spend the time you do posting here looking for your next game.
01/23/2014 12:26 PMPosted by DeadRu
01/23/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Matte
Paragon2.0 free for vanilla but you wont get levels :>

Loot2.0 free for vanilla but you wont find items :>

With that character of yours no wonder, even Rares will be an upgrade for you, try again after actually playing the game a while.
in d3v they based it on the ah, and said afterward it was a mistake , now they base it around the gamble !@#$%, and in a year they say it was a mistake too. why do you have to base item finding on something ?

on what was it based in diablo 2?! why dont you do it like that?
01/23/2014 12:38 PMPosted by KhaoS
01/23/2014 12:26 PMPosted by DeadRu

With that character of yours no wonder, even Rares will be an upgrade for you, try again after actually playing the game a while.

Talking down to him (and by proxy, waving your e-peen in his face) doesn't negate his observations.

Poor form.
01/23/2014 09:20 AMPosted by TomCii
The real question is why would you want to keep playing vanilla when there's an expansion for the game ?

If you really play that much then it's worth considering giving them another 30 bucks.

The REAL question is why would you give them 40$ for an expansion when the original game still looks like it's on open beta.
01/23/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Ryuusei
As much as I don't agree with some of the things the development team is doing with Diablo III, it's even more frustrating when people choose to take specific statements out of a developer's post and spin it to their liking.

I think some of us are beginning to understand why they rarely talk to us. They probably have to go through their replies a thousand times before posting, just in case someone chooses to take their statements completely out of context. I thought we wanted them to communicate with us more?

Yup this is it..

they will spin anything so it aligns with their agenda..

/shrug
01/23/2014 09:20 AMPosted by TomCii
The real question is why would you want to keep playing vanilla when there's an expansion for the game ?

If you really play that much then it's worth considering giving them another 30 bucks.

$30?

Try $54.95 ($74.95 for DDE).
01/23/2014 12:36 PMPosted by UGotGanked
Kool, I guess that means if you plan on not buying ROS until it actually adds the features the fans want, in the meantime your D3v gear will remain as good as it is.

??? Lamen's terms, to say the least. Can anyone explain/confirm this explanation?
01/23/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Zaskaszh
01/23/2014 08:22 AMPosted by PodPrestige
I won't buy the expansion pack, just because the vanilla version sucks. Simple as that. My life doesn't depend on Diablo 3. I bought Diablo 3 because of Diablo 2 without even informing myself a little bit about it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Well done. That's how you handle this type of situation in the gaming world. Bought a game and didn't like it? Move on. Don't sit here a year and change later just to whine about the same things over and over again with the same people...

I agree completely. The 'selfies' and the BOAers should have just quit and moved on once they realised the game shipped with trading and auction houses.
01/23/2014 08:22 AMPosted by PodPrestige
I bought Diablo 3 because of Diablo 2 without even informing myself a little bit about it.

Same here. I saw it, I bought it. I didn't even know they were developing it...LOL

Picked it up 2 weeks after release, and aside from the punishing difficulty, I loved everything about the game, especially after I discovered the RMAH, and could actually progress in the game and feel powerful, like a Hero should.

I have been playing Diablo III exclusively and continuously since I bought it.

It agitates me thinking of what might become of this game I love; that it might be ending forever. But if RoS turns out to be the train wreck that DrothVader and TheTias have reported, I might have to find a new game...
01/24/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Xeperu
Lamen's

Layman: a non-professional

Laymen: plural form

Layman's: belonging to one layman; belonging to the class of society

Laymen's: belonging to the group of laymen
01/24/2014 01:03 PMPosted by OldPro
Laymen's: belonging to the group of laymen

Both spellings are "correct" according to "dictionaries", (which are much more relevant tools than some obdurate smarty-pantses would care to realize - I would know, I was raised by classical English teachers..,) deriving from the root "lame" (also classically spelled "lama" Pl. "laman" / "leme" Pl. "lemen"). Now I'm switchin the plates - my beat is correct

(please enjoy)

Thank you for your attempt at answering my question...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switchin

Can someone teach me the difference between a hyphen and a dash? I wasn't raised by classical English teachers.
01/23/2014 08:38 AMPosted by Rhyas9
The answer is "yes". That is absolutely how I read his post. If you do not buy RoS, your game will now be measurably worse.

This is a new concept to expansion packs. They always added new things that you would want to play. However, I do not remember them changing the base game drastically for the worse just by their existence.

This right here is my biggest beef with Blizz right now. They're so caught up trying to milk RoS that to them, it's okay to screw vanilla players over.

Either they are deluded to think people will be suckered into buying RoS lock stock and barrel just like vanilla, or they hope to "force" people to fork out money just to have something playable again.

Either way, I'm not going to be part of this travesty. You won't get a cent from me Blizz, till you show me some sincerity.

there just trying to force people into buying ROS because they know D3 sold on and name an reputation of diabo2. D3 is not even diablo3 not worthy of diablo name. an knowing this there just going to try to @@#@ over the few that are still hear. its going to be a ghost town in the game.

so let get the popcorn and watch this train wreck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I plan on selling games like toilet paper" -Bobby Kotick