Are we just way too mean to Blizzard?

General Discussion
01/24/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Baconan
Negativity doesn't preclude constructive criticism.

And yet it seems like a necessary means to get attention to one's criticisms apparently. This is almost like trolling meets feedback and they had some kind of freak accident. But hey if that is what it takes to get people to listen at Blizzard then I guess that is what it takes.

I think they have honestly become far more willing to listen to feedback regardless.
01/24/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Fireblade
1) don't buy their games.
2) don't post in their forums

dead forum, low sales = dead blizzard.

now shoo.

1.dont buy their game
2.stay on the forums so they have to foot the bill
3.log in on D3 and walk away to make them foot the bill to get a server up with no one playing\
4. profit

an no were not to mean to blizzard they sold us a unfinished game and now to trying to sell DLC and not fix the problems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I plan on selling games like toilet paper" -Bobby Kotick
01/24/2014 08:02 AMPosted by googoogaga
You ever wonder if they are sitting back and feeling victimized by many of the posts on the forums? As if we are making their jobs a living hell and they hate us so much!?! I can at times picture the CM's as bearers of constant negative feedback to the developers as the leads listen to it at meeting while drinking heavily. I suppose that would be the only way I would be able to cheer myself up with all the hate on the forums at times. Especially with Droth and TheTias all threatening to quit over some drop rate change and what not and being so immature.

Why are you all so daggon mean?

If I got $1billion in revenue from sales of my game, I'd create a forum exclusively for people to victimize me.
01/24/2014 08:02 AMPosted by googoogaga
Especially with Droth and TheTias all threatening to quit over some drop rate change and what not and being so immature.

Did you read there posts? It goes a hell of a lot further then drop rates.
words to live by: If you don't want people to critique your food, don't become a chef.

they chose their profession, it wasn't forced upon them. if they can't handle negative feedback in regards to a turd they released and called D3 they should find another profession.
I don't think Blizz is bothered by the antics of some of the community. Not only do they have thick skins, but the CMs have always said that they'd rather have the shenanigans than to have cobwebs and crickets on the forums. To them, gamers are passionate about their past time, therefore passionate (even if they sometimes crossover into hysteria) posts are part and parcel of the terrain.
01/24/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
I don't think Blizz is bothered by the antics of some of the community. Not only do they have thick skins, but the CMs have always said that they'd rather have the shenanigans than to have cobwebs and crickets on the forums. To them, gamers are passionate about their past time, therefore passionate (even if they sometimes crossover into hysteria) posts are part and parcel of the terrain.

So they are enablers in a sense. Not saying they want us to be abusive, but the line between passion and sheer rage is apparently pretty thin.
I really think the employees of D3 get a warning that the Diablo community is very volatile and need to have a thick skin.
Yeah, the negativity is way over the top and generally exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous. Every time some idiot says they're not buying RoS and the hate the game I just wonder WTF they're doing on this forum.
No!

Blizzard wants feedback and it won't always be positive feedback especially when they deliver us a warm pile of poo and slap the Diablo name to it when it doesn't even deserve to have Diablo branded on it....
I feel sometimes people are overly rude about it, but there is plenty of constructive criticism out there. Sometimes the developers make bad decisions(perhaps for a good reason). The devs likely play these games too. It's not as if this has been Diablo's grand plan all along or something.
01/24/2014 06:08 PMPosted by googoogaga
01/24/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

So they are enablers in a sense. Not saying they want us to be abusive, but the line between passion and sheer rage is apparently pretty thin.

Well, that's true. And it's also true that a large portion of the community doesn't know how to channel their dissatisfaction into constructive criticism. Add in the trolls, and the boards can get pretty toxic. Still, the CMs handle it all with grace under fire.

Now, do I wish the forums were more civil? Yes, of course. Sometimes the nonsense posted here makes me a little nuts. But I guess that Blizzard doesn't mind the muck so much as long as they can find diamonds in it.
I am forced to download a patch that destroys my D3V game and they are trying to force me to buy their Exp. I would call that mean yeah.
I wouldn't say the community is too hard on blizzard.they deserve to be criticized for their mistakes. However, the way that its done is ridiculous and childish. I see so many people say "I quit" or say diablo 2 was tons better , but they're here, on the Diablo 3 forums. If their word had any meaning behind them, they would be off playing D2 or POE or something.

In my eyes there are only 2 ways that you should provide feedback; be constructive or leave none at all. Regardless, you'll get your point across.
01/25/2014 11:09 AMPosted by Andii
I wouldn't say the community is too hard on blizzard.they deserve to be criticized for their mistakes. However, the way that its done is ridiculous and childish. I see so many people say "I quit" or say diablo 2 was tons better , but they're here, on the Diablo 3 forums. If their word had any meaning behind them, they would be off playing D2 or POE or something.

MY thinking regarding that is that their passion is so intense that they just cannot bear leaving the game yet. They really were in love with some aspect of what Diablo was or just really really enjoyed it. However they might have also wanted a more modern version of that and now it just didn't live up to the hopes they had. I say that because they clearly can go back to a prior version of the game if that was all they wanted.

Or perhaps they just cannot tolerate that the game was a stain on the Diablo name to them and it infuriates them to no end. But who know honestly what everyone was thinking. I suppose many just are holding out hoping that enough good changes happen that make them like the game.
yes we need to adjust our venting to be less hostile more gets done that way
We aren't mean enough IMO. If we were the game might not have gone for 2+ years in the state that it has been in and we wouldn't have to force changes to the expansion in the 11th hour of its development.

Players in general need to start demanding more from these companies.
Nobody's too mean, I read these forums every few days and laugh about people who'll never play again and won't buy the expansion- yet post in the forums dozens of times a day. I enjoy reading the whining. The crazier the better! Keep on trucking, forums warriors!