Diablo 4 ????

General Discussion
01/25/2014 09:00 AMPosted by Brad
01/25/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Yura
We should hope that a new team works on Diablo 4

Maybe Bethesda lol.

Or keep the programmers, but bring in a new team of people who have a plethora of good ideas.
Maybe Bethesda lol.

Bethesda?

Aww, hell no ;)

Fallout 3 isnt even Fallout. Its a VATS ghoul shooting simulator with dialogues written by a 5 year old.

Oh, and Skyrim. Dont even get me started on Skyrim.....
They're just gonna keep on improving D3 and adding content with Patches and Add-Ons, perhaps to a point where you will see it as a " Diablo 4".

That's the most logical and most likely thing to happen. Everything else is just wishful thinking and absurd.
Well, we probably got another xpac coming to D3, so I think it would be a while before we hear anything about D4.

However, it'll probably happen. Despite disappointment with D3 at launch, it sold well, and it has a good legacy. As a matter of fact, I can see a "return to it's roots" being a huge selling point for D4.

From a story stand point, I think its safe to say there will be one. Towards the end of D3, one of the characters comments(spoilers)

After Diablo is defeated that evil will always find a way

( end spoilers)
01/25/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Yura
We should hope that a new team works on Diablo 4, because these guys are simply not very good at it. They're great programmers and artists, but as for the creative/systems design teams, ugh.

Sadly, I agree with this.
Dat Company won´t produce any good ARPGs anymore, their greed is too much. So, i don´t really care about a D4 since i am done with Blizzard already and just waiting for March 25th to make my final rage post.
Its been dumbed down so much its difficult to even honestly call it an ARPG.

I think even Call of Duty has more character development and customization options than D3.

Its both funny and sad.
01/25/2014 11:37 AMPosted by GotToLuvYa
Dat Company won´t produce any good ARPGs anymore, their greed is too much. So, i don´t really care about a D4 since i am done with Blizzard already and just waiting for March 25th to make my final rage post.

That's kind of sad.
Well, seeing how well D3 sold there is a follow up to be expected. Maybe another Exp pack (if RoS sells well), then D4. D4 would probably take 5-10 more years though.

What people always oversee - many people bought the game, played through normal/nightmare with 2-3 chars, left - and were satisfied. All of them payed the same money as all the PL100 guys here who whine how baaaad D3 ist, they can't staaaand it and so on. Blizzard is doing well to make a game that satisfies most of their customers (you can never satisfy all).
IF a random company got the RIGHTS to make a Diablo game, apart from Blizzard -- I'd love to see Bioware get the rights.

They are used to creating good stories in 3d environments, and have good scripters.

Diablo would have worked pretty swell in an improved NWN engine, and they're very good at scripting user interfaces.

The user interface of Diablo 3 was like the user interface of a Windows 98 IRC program compared to Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights.
01/25/2014 12:43 PMPosted by Frostraven
IF a random company got the RIGHTS to make a Diablo game, apart from Blizzard -- I'd love to see Bioware get the rights.

That's the last company I'd want to get Diablo.
01/25/2014 09:07 AMPosted by Cthulhu
Maybe Bethesda lol.

Bethesda?

Aww, hell no ;)

Fallout 3 isnt even Fallout. Its a VATS ghoul shooting simulator with dialogues written by a 5 year old.

Oh, and Skyrim. Dont even get me started on Skyrim.....

I'll start for you.

I summon a fire Atronach to enter the Wizard College, before the bridge leading there.
Before I get there, I'm attacked by 5 dragons and then dozens of will o' wisps, and by the time I get to the front door -- I'm the freaking archmage of the College, get the keys and robes and my own quarters full of mushrooms and Grand soulstones.

Then, I climb a mountain talk to some robed guys, jump down and enter some sewers, Lydia dies, and suddenly I'm halfway through the main quest.
I meet two dragons, and then there's a lot of fog and a party, and then Mjoll dies, and the main quest is over.

I smith some daggers from loot from a dwarven dungeon where a companion drowned in a dwarven toilet, and all of sudden -- my weapons are stronger than the artifacts the gods themselves have created, having smithed for a total of 48 ingame hours in of my character's 25 year old life...

... and then my archery is maxed, and leveling up any more will only make me weaker because enemies grow stronger for each door I lockpick -- while my bow skills can never improve, meaning I deal less and less damage to each enemy for every door I open.

Bethesda cannot balance games, any more.
Skyrim was very, very, very short.
It was wide, to be sure, but every one of the 20 largest quests were incredibly short.
01/25/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Frostraven

Bethesda cannot balance games, any more.
Skyrim was very, very, very short.
It was wide, to be sure, but every one of the 20 largest quests were incredibly short.

When have they ever balanced games? Seriously, Going back to Daggerfall their games were ridiculously easy.

And that's true. Skyrim was a mile wide and a foot deep.
I would pick C. Making a new expansion for Diablo 2 making it the third expansion after lord of destruction while implementing all that good stuff from diablo 3 that is no more than, running over gold to pick it up and the fluidity of combat which took them 12 years to make apparently.
I'd like to see offline mode added with mod support - that way if they don't get it right, the modding community could fix it.
i think some people playing this game and commenting in here is full of s**t. Yes please do make diablo4 we love the game why else are they trolling these forums.. I have played ever diablo and I am 53 years old. I just hope the at least make part 4 in my lifetime. I hate waiting 12 years for the next additions to come out. If they take as long on the next part I will be 65 before its out. So I may not be as alble body as I am now to play.. this game has taken up most of my life and I plan on playing and buying ever addition they come out with on the game.. Keep the additions coming.
01/25/2014 05:48 AMPosted by babinro
01/25/2014 04:21 AMPosted by Cthulhu
Diablo 4 wont sell.
Diablo 3 cant be fixed.

Its kind of a fail/fail situation.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You probably though Zelda was a failed franchise after the NES side-scroller Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link. There are dozens of examples of big name franchises continuing to sell after a single lackluster release.

Zelda 2 was not lackluster. Neither were its sales. Link to the past, considered vastly superior to zelda 2, barely sold more than it.

And D3, is/was not lackluster. It is crap.