What worths crafting for a sorc ?

Wizard
I have a lots of crafting materials and I,m wondering what are the best options for a CM sorc ?

I don't plan to spend money on buying materials for now but I try to find what should I focus on when I loot some.
I never played diablo 2, so I can't answer.
Amulet, gloves, shoulders, bracers (IFF you already have aps breakpoint from other gear; i.e. look at my wiz, i can't craft bracers because i need my lacunis for breakpoint... for the time being...)
Shoulders/ammy/gloves... in that order for Varlak
If you need a better Force w/out APoC I can do that for yee'... I can also get you a toe...

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me."
Can you get it by 3 this afternoon with nail polish?

And yeah, what those guys said. Never craft chests, waste of money.
01/27/2014 06:59 AMPosted by FL0Maxx

I've never understood why people are so keen on crafting shoulders. I mean, vile wards are superior in every way, except for int. It's often much easier and cheaper to just buy 250 int vilewards with nice mit and hp.

I'd start with gloves, a couple hundred crafts ought to give you a nice difecta with vit or mit, or a trifecta.
01/27/2014 09:09 AMPosted by Rayquorz
01/27/2014 06:59 AMPosted by FL0Maxx

I've never understood why people are so keen on crafting shoulders. I mean, vile wards are superior in every way, except for int. It's often much easier and cheaper to just buy 250 int vilewards with nice mit and hp.

I'd start with gloves, a couple hundred crafts ought to give you a nice difecta with vit or mit, or a trifecta.

Vile wards (good ones) are insanely expensive. You can get comparable shoulders for a percentage of the cost
01/27/2014 09:13 AMPosted by Larry
Vile wards (good ones) are insanely expensive. You can get comparable shoulders for a percentage of the cost

Mine were 18M. I don't even bother trying to beat them because all the good shoulders I have rolled are DPS upgrades but they don't have that awesome mit. And you mainly want EHP in the shoulder slot. So, VW is very tough to beat, even one that is not insanely expensive.

Mine were 18M. I don't even bother trying to beat them because al the good shoulders I have rolled are DPS upgrades but they don't have that awesome mit. And you mainly want EHP in the shoulder slot. So, VW is very tough to beat, even one that is not insanely expensive.

Fair enough; i guess context matters; crafting shoulders are good if you're poor like me :) my crafted shoulders replaced my 1m vile wards as an overall upgrade on first roll; as a point of perspective i have 9m gold right now with 9.7m being the record high last night before i did 700k worth of amulet/gem crafting (for amulets)
You can get comparable shoulders for a percentage of the cost

'comparable' is a subjective term. Crafting shoulders with 4 desired properties is like 1 in 1000 or so, if I recall correctly (no I'm not making up big numbers here; I did some sort of probability analysis a while back and this is roughly the order of magnitude).

I agree though that when you're really low on resources, they might be better than vile wards, because you're only utilising a couple of the slots on your gears. As you start upgrading all your useless affixes to useful ones you'll end up with wards again. Once you arrive at the point of extreme min-maxing, crafted shoulders become viable again.

In short, crafted shoulders are for the bottom 1% and the top 1%.

In short, crafted shoulders are for the bottom 1% and the top 1%.

I was considering being offended for a moment but then I realized I DO have like 5m gold to my name right now so I guess you've got a point :p