Whose excited to see the Shard of Hate?

General Discussion
I for one cant wait to see what interesting build inspiring stats it might be pumped up with...
I think it's a great looking legendary and I will certainly be on the hunt for it.
The only thing it'll have is the Meph Abilities, outside of the standard run-of-the-mill stats all items have.

It won't be class-specific. It has to be open-ended to make everyone happy.
I feel like Shard of Hate should be a nick name for the forums.
01/31/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Andii
I feel like Shard of Hate should be a nick name for the forums.

Okay, I laughed. Out loud even.

Edit to add that I'm really disappointed that Sankekur's Sorrow didn't win.
I liked Sankekur's Sorrow and Spine of the Father way WAY better than Shard of Hate...
I like the name "Shard of Hate", it represents the developers hate towards the Demon Hunter. After all, they decided that they want the community to design a legendary for every class EXCEPT the DH.
And shard is almost like brimstone, so that's what I'm gonna do with that weapon.
Shard of what? You mean Sankekur's Sorrow? Yeah, can't wait to equip it. But if it's RoS only I may have to wait a long time.

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone use Sankekur's Sorrow despite of the result?
01/31/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Cyberbeni
I like the name "Shard of Hate", it represents the developers hate towards the Demon Hunter. After all, they decided that they want the community to design a legendary for every class EXCEPT the DH.
And shard is almost like brimstone, so that's what I'm gonna do with that weapon.

Can't DHs equip a sword too? How about a 1h sword and a 1h xbow, someone even tested this kind of gameplay? (If even possible. No DH player here)
01/31/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Siggi
Can't DHs equip a sword too?

Yes, but only a few of the DH's ranged attacks with with a sword. Grenades, impale, and chakram for example can be used with a sword.

The weapon does not totally ignore us demon hunters, but to be used would drastically reduce our choice of skills.
Love my Demon Hunter but she won't be getting the sword.
I'm still going to call it spine of the father
I just sharded myself.
01/31/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Reaper
I just sharded myself.

Now you know Sankekur's Sorrow : )
01/31/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Wheresmymind
Yes, but only a few of the DH's ranged attacks with with a sword. Grenades, impale, and chakram for example can be used with a sword.

The weapon does not totally ignore us demon hunters, but to be used would drastically reduce our choice of skills.

ok, but what if a 1h xbow is equiped in offhand? (can DHs equip a sword in offhand?)
wouldn't you be able to use the ranged attacks? or are the attacks halfed down because the DH tries to shoot with the sword?