Question to oldies or ones with kids...RoS

Wizard
01/31/2014 11:04 AMPosted by jenpeezey
You didn't answer the question; you answered with a cute aphorism. What life experiences does Eciton have to teach me?

I didn't answer the question because I felt that the question was assuming a truth that has never been established. I can answer that question, and put aside the fact that I don't believe age = experience.

Eciton has taken part in training - physical training, where his body and mind must unite and he must endure pain. So he could teach us all about the regiment behind that particular discipline, right? God knows I know nothing of martial arts.

He wasn't closing off a thread. He was taking a poll among parent players. I read /r/AskMen threads on reddit every day for laughs, but I don't respond to posts asking for advice about how to shave around !@#$%^-*s or other such matters. I do respond to some posts in /r/AskWomen.

Ok.. so let me start a poll thread - Here's my title: "What class should I play?" I'll start the thread off by stating, "since only dumb people play Barbarians, what else are my options?" It's a lead-in question Jen...it's assuming a truth that has never been established. And you can bet, a Barbarian or two will have something to say about it.

I'm just trying to say that Yoda fills his posts with baseless, reason-less assumptions like..very, very, often. When he makes a comment like the ones I've listed above, and when those comments assume things about people that those people, oh I don't know, might find VERY offensive - yeah, he's gonna get touched up and real quick.
Reducing all possible learning to time spent alive proves too much. It allows for the absurd conclusion that if one sits in a room for 100 years doing nothing, that person cannot learn from a normal 30 year old.

I don't know what I can personally teach you. I don't know you well enough. I'm sure there are some rather technical subjects I know more about then the average 40 year old, but when I said "learn" I didn't mean technical material. (Incidentally, Godel and Einstein were 25 and 26 respectively when they each published their work, almost indisputably the most important discoveries in math and science in that century). I meant something akin to participating in conversation with, learning by conversing and sharing ideas, something it seemed yoda was trying to exclude "young" people from in this post.
Complaining about how annoying and QQT_T yodatoy's posts are is like complaining about TV commercials. If you don't like them, skip them.

Almost like complaining about Eciton reading yodatoy threads and his supposed lack of experience due to age right?
01/31/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Melkor
I'm just trying to say that Yoda fills his posts with baseless, reason-less assumptions like..very, very, often.

wow...

wow...

sorry that I didn't come up with something very enlightening to stir your intellectual mind.

wow...

didn't know this game was all about Doly like posts...
01/31/2014 11:20 AMPosted by yodatoy
I'm just trying to say that Yoda fills his posts with baseless, reason-less assumptions like..very, very, often.

wow...

wow...

sorry that I didn't come up with something very enlightening to stir your intellectual mind.

wow...

And there you go right there. Thanks for cementing my point, Yodatoy.
Oh please Yoda. Only doly can be doly. There is a difference between great attention to detail and intentional or careless assumptions. Dolynick is probably a paradigm of the former, but no one is asking you to post like that.

Careless assumption: "didn't know this game was all about Doly like posts..."
Yoda - the real wizard MVP

Jen - Too much puppies lately

Melkor - Find wired and troll him

Eciton - plays with small children

Junger - too many hoes

<3 wiz community

wow...

wow...

wow...

You don't even have a clue what he's talking about. How did you even graduate fourth grade? It has nothing to do with posting something profound.

You posted the equivalent of something like "All men hate the color pink." You spoke for a group of people as if what you said is how they all think when it isn't.
Yoda, just from my perspective, maybe if you left your post with just simple questions:
01/30/2014 04:36 PMPosted by yodatoy
Will you guys play? Are you guys excited?

and/or
How will you find time to play to improve your build? Or find the proper item to make your build work?

Instead of making claims like "I bet this" or "We can't this" or "There won't be this" like:
I guess it won't change much for those who played casually in mp 0-5

Because that's not necessarily true.
Or
Bc I bet grinders will tell us what works... And we oldies want to try...but unfortunately, we can't bc we can't grind long enough to find an item or don't have enough gold from lack of farming...so we can't craft/reroll.

Because that's not necessarily true.
Or
There won't be another charlatan.

Because that's not necessarily true, unless you specifically mean BUY EVERYTHING. But then that's not a traditional Diablo game. I wonder what we're playing? A Diablo game—or at least what Blizzard is trying to develop into a more traditional Diablo game.

Then there wouldn't have been so much controversy. But I guess if you like controversy and riling people up, then continue as you see fit.
Twitter: @Jaetch
01/31/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Boozor

The greatest trick the Yoda ever pulled was to convince the world his posts had meaning.
in the words of a past king of los angeles named rodney; can we all just get along? for the kids and old people?

christ almighty
01/31/2014 11:26 AMPosted by EmperorMao
You don't even have a clue what he's talking about. How did you even graduate fourth grade? It has nothing to do with posting something profound.

You posted the equivalent of something like "All men hate the color pink." You spoke for a group of people as if what you said is how they all think when it isn't.

I know...and I went as far as 4 years beyond college. Crazy world huh...

01/31/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Eciton
Careless assumption: "didn't know this game was all about Doly like posts..."

didn't know assumption can not be careless...b/c assumption is different than assertion.

btw, Wired is my new best friend. =)
Assumptions CAN be careless, they ought not to be though if you want to be taken seriously.

Assumptions are assertions about the world which you do not necessarily have enough evidence to know.
01/31/2014 11:12 AMPosted by mzy
i am mzy i am 6.5 years old an your all poopieheads

I'm 12 and what's this?
And the barb forum is supposed to be the serious one?
01/31/2014 11:48 AMPosted by yodatoy
didn't know assumption can not be careless

I melted my phone into a puddle of goo. I assume I won't be able to make calls on it any longer.

Doesn't seem careless to me.
You in a good mood today Mao? You're going pretty easy on him.
01/31/2014 12:05 PMPosted by silverfire
You in a good mood today Mao?

3/3

BEETLEJUICE!!!
01/31/2014 12:05 PMPosted by silverfire
You in a good mood today Mao? You're going pretty easy on him.

It's a new year for the lunar calendar. New year's resolution maybe?

Jen - Too much puppies lately

Melkor - Find wired and troll him

Eciton - plays with small children

Junger - too many hoes

<3 wiz community

PieHole - makes posts like Doly now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11551515041?page=3#55