Please Let Us Buy Wings!!!

General Discussion
Blizzard should let us buy things that only change appearance i.e. Angelic Wings... that doesnt give unfair advantages.

Atm it seems the only way to get the wings is to spend 100+ Usd or buy star craft 2 for the zerg wings and thats just unreasonable.

Its just a thought, kicking it around... might make bliz more money on top of the massive mounds its already sitting on :P
Items that are in Collector's Editions will not be sold or provided in any other way. If you want them, get the CE. That is the whole point of a CE and if they go back on the exclusivity of CE items they will destroy future CE sales. They are not going to do that.

Now, what they may do is make other types of wings and cosmetic items available in a micro-transaction store. They would not be the same, but would provide a similar effect.
Understood, though the CE version came with more than just the wings. Stuff that you cant download hehe.. i still see your point.

All I want is the angelic wings, and ive already purchased the SE version quite sometime ago. Maybe allowing us to upgrade our versions to a copy that would have some of the aesthetic things like the wings?
I am not saying you won't get wings, but they are not going to give you the exact ones that are in the CEs. The definition of a Collector's Edition is that they are rare and limited. That would infuriate the CE customers if the let people buy them years later.

For example, I am one of a very tiny group who has the Mini-Diablo pet, Mini-Zergling pet, and Panda pet in WoW from the Vanilla CE. Despite the new digital upgrades on new expansions and the WoW pet/mount store they still don't sell them, or any CE exclusive item.

Just cross your fingers they put in a Micro-transaction store that sells something similar :) After all, they are hiring right now for a Micro-transaction Operations Manager and a Director for the program which would cross all games.
That would still be Awesome! and I would purchase things from it!
If Blizzard sells wings* outside of the Boxed CE, I want a refund on my CE.

*If they sell the same exact wings I mean. Those White Tyrael Wings are what sold me on the CE more than anything else in the box.

If they sell purple ones or yellow ones or green ones, I don't care. But the white ones need to stay exclusive.
I knew this day would come, thats why I bought the CE on launch. I dont wear the wings often but I can.
01/31/2014 12:20 PMPosted by DroNwinD
All I want is the angelic wings

but OP,... you can get them, go get a D3 CE, dont be cheap. Asking for a reduce price or some kind of microtransaction just for the wings???. Not cool

Go get a CE, there are plenty out there.
01/31/2014 12:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I am not saying you won't get wings, but they are not going to give you the exact ones that are in the CEs. The definition of a Collector's Edition is that they are rare and limited. That would infuriate the CE customers if the let people buy them years later.

For example, I am one of a very tiny group who has the Mini-Diablo pet, Mini-Zergling pet, and Panda pet in WoW from the Vanilla CE. Despite the new digital upgrades on new expansions and the WoW pet/mount store they still don't sell them, or any CE exclusive item.

Just cross your fingers they put in a Micro-transaction store that sells something similar :) After all, they are hiring right now for a Micro-transaction Operations Manager and a Director for the program which would cross all games.

I'm in that group.
Dont be cheap?? I have already purchased the SE version. to get CE i would have to again purchase the same game i already own and the CE versions i've looked at are 100+ usd... for.. wings... i dont think im being cheap nor do i want to piss off a entire comunity of CE players.

like i said, was a thought that i was kicking around, and i do agree that a similar item but not exact is a better solution
...and i do agree that a similar item but not exact is a better solution

It's the only solution if they want to continue selling collector's editions.

01/31/2014 12:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
After all, they are hiring right now for a Micro-transaction Operations Manager and a Director for the program which would cross all games.

That would be great! Hopefully D3 will get some great cosmetic effects.
I would love some dark Malphael inspired wings. Would buy those up in a heartbeat.
01/31/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Vajra
That would be great! Hopefully D3 will get some great cosmetic effects.

I think so too. It does not affect gameplay or any sort of competitive end game they might want to put in but is darn fun for players. The new community and Clan channels also let us show off our gear so that is nifty too.

I would also love to see pets for sale. Sign me up for a ferret to collect gold for me!
01/31/2014 02:28 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Sign me up for a ferret to collect gold for me!

I wouldn't mind an in-game shop if it's purely aesthetic. This hurts no one. I would love to buy myself some type of bird follower(Likely a crow or raven would be made, but an owl would be great).

Anyways...
Gold collecting pets are not purely aesthetic.
01/31/2014 02:28 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Sign me up for a ferret to collect gold for me!

Wait a minute now...that's a Demon Hunter skill rune : )

And it would affect game play.
01/31/2014 12:15 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, what they may do is make other types of wings and cosmetic items available in a micro-transaction store.

This statement has me asking, "So Blizz does intend to operate micro transactions?" Saw this coming.
I bought 2 CE editions. One for me, and one for my wife. $200 for... you got it. Wings

I also bought the D3 Headsets for I think $100 a piece, at the time.

As well as the D3 mouse.

I would feel a bit slighted if they allowed people to purchase the wings for like $10 later on as I knew how long diablo titles are around. So i knew that 2, 3, 8 years down the road as we keep coming back to this game, quitting the game, then coming back again that i would always want those wings.

I agree that with a micro-transaction coming soon we should see maybe other wing alternatives but the CE should stay CE.

Now i wouldn't mind them bringing back the Flag customization. Before they had it so your flag could grow and end up having gold and jewels and skulls around the base of it. I would love for them to bring that back vs's just the decal and shape and color.
01/31/2014 02:37 PMPosted by CAUSTIC
01/31/2014 12:15 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, what they may do is make other types of wings and cosmetic items available in a micro-transaction store.

This statement has me asking, "So Blizz does intend to operate micro transactions?" Saw this coming.

Yes, they are going to do micro transactions. The question is how will they implement it? I hope they stick to cosmetic things.
01/31/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Wheresmymind
Anyways...
Gold collecting pets are not purely aesthetic

And yet, Diablo 3 used to have numerous gold collecting pets.
I would love more choices to alter things aesthetically. Even if it meant micro transactions. Maybe some people don't care about such things, but in the future it would be nice to be able to change up hair or skin tone or facial features at least.