Why not a "kickstarter" approach for next Expac?

General Discussion
It's too late now with RoS less than 2 months away, but for the next expansion, why not go the Kickstarter route?

1. When the F&F begins, the public can get in by paying a premium amount - let's say $29.99. Once paid, they get access to all future betas and the final release. All for $29.99 - AND they get all Digital Deluxe bonuses INCLUDED.

2. Once the Closed, Public Beta Begins, people who don't get free invites can pay $35.99 to get in. Once paid, they get access to all future betas and the final release. All for $35.99 - AND they get all Digital Deluxe bonuses INCLUDED.

After that point, the game goes on sale prior to launch for $39.99 Standard and $59.99 Digital Deluxe.

(NOTE: People who got free invites to the F&F or Closed Betas would NOT qualify for the Retail release or the Digital Deluxe bonuses. They would have to pay for that stuff.)

WHATDOYATHINK?
WHAT? o_0....

They are Blizzard.

Kickstarter is to help those that aren't established.
i dont even...

kickstarter is for small groups to pitch a product and jumpstart their business. blizzard is a massive company with thousands of employees and hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars to invest into a product. i hope you are capable of seeing how your logic does not work in this situation.
Because then we'd all see how few people are interested in D3.
01/31/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Zeyta
WHAT? o_0....

They are Blizzard.

Kickstarter is to help those that aren't established.

Well then call it Premium Access or some other silly name. But offer the discounts and bonuses for early commitment and early $$$
I'm pretty sure its not a lack of money or funding that is holding this game back.
Blizzard is not about to sell beta access.