Mob Density Nerfed Once Again in Latest Patch

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
02/06/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Brad
02/06/2014 11:26 PMPosted by BoneMama
This is incredible. Just got finished running crypts and FoM....yes for fun!

Another nail in the coffin.

The final nail is up to you. Blizzard's not going to remove nails in your coffin. It doesn't benefit them. You either take it, or get out. Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Oh shut up, BRAD. Good lord, you are such a fanboy. Get a life.
02/06/2014 10:31 PMPosted by LtStarscream
First, it landed an unfortunate blow to build diversity, encouraging a very specific style of play (AoE or bust).

It did no such thing, it was like that before 1.0.8 since you are still rarely fighting a single mob at a time unless it's a boss. Single target abilities suck. Period. Full Stop. They weren't good then, aren't good now, they aren't ever going to be good unless you intend to add more boss fights or something of that nature where you are fighting a single mob. And since you guys don't seem to be doing that, and don't want to reward players for killing bosses anyway, nothing's going to change about single target skills. Single target skills should do absolutely massive damage since they are only hitting one mob, and they don't, even if they did their usefulness is questionable even with low density since, again, you rarely are going up against single mobs.

Based on all the data we pulled, build variety narrowed quite quickly – even now, you can see the effects with Archon, WW, Zero Dogs, and other similar builds trumping almost everything.

How is it any different than before when there were still builds that were clearly better than anything else? There's always going to be builds that are better than anything else and that's what people are going to use 90%+ of the time. It was true in Diablo 2 and it's true in any other ARPG or MMORPG. You can change what builds people will use, but you can't change the fact that people are always going to gravitate toward a small set of builds.

Overall, increased density led to much less interesting game play (for the game as a whole), even if it may have been super fun on the surface.

No. No. нет. 아니. 无. Nei. Nein. όχι. não. Nej. geen. Non. No. Nonono. Nonononono. Nooooooo. Nope. Wrong. Incorrect. I'm trusting google translate on some of those, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jesus Christ jumping on the cross you cannot be more wrong. Aside from just being more efficient, why do you think people played in nothing but Act III prior to 1.0.8? It's because it was also more fun. The game prior to the density changes was practically a wasteland. An ARPG without enough mobs to kill where you have to walk around slowly (which is still a problem in this game) simply isn't fun. I will admit that I do nothing but TR/EP runs in FoM, but that is still infinitely more fun than walking around looking for mobs using any other build. Moving around fast and killing lots of mobs is fun.

Second, by adding a boatload of more monsters, server performance took a hit, which some of you may or may not have experienced.

Buy better servers then, the game only made you guys half a billion dollars or something around that.
02/07/2014 12:18 AMPosted by Brad
02/06/2014 11:47 PMPosted by keybox

So what if she is? No one questioned her gender here and it's irrelevant.

This guy must be completely ignorant

You were saying? Post #2. WARNING : requires slight reading comprehension.

Guy doesn't have to always refer to males. I'm a woman myself and "guy" can be interchangeable with "person" or "people". "Hey, you guys".

Don't be dense.
blizz is epically trolling. EA status not quite yet but getting there ever so slowly
They'll start developing for mobiles, rerelease D1 for free. After cathedral, to enter catacombs you must pay $5 for each level, which naturally translates to £10 or €15.
I prefer lower densities because it slows the pace of gameplay. Feels better imo.
02/07/2014 03:15 AMPosted by End
I prefer lower densities because it slows the pace of gameplay. Feels better imo.

Yes games like diablo were always meant to be slow... I'm surprised Movement speed hasn't been nerfed too. They should include the slow time effects from SkyRim on killing blows too that would be rad. /sarcasm
I propose anti movement speed. Imagine web's slow effect, but over the ENTIRE GROUND. Hell yeah.
02/07/2014 03:19 AMPosted by LazyNCrazy
02/07/2014 03:15 AMPosted by End

Yes games like diablo were always meant to be slow... I'm surprised Movement speed hasn't been nerfed too. They should include the slow time effects from SkyRim on killing blows too that would be rad. /sarcasm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit supposedly.

I'll stand by my opinon while you pander your delusions of "Diablo."
Is there some sort of numerical value for each grade of wit? Could you point me to it? Would make an interesting read.
This is a simple fix. Give the single target skills the ability to kill a single target with 1 or 2 hits.

I remember running a Fist of the Heavens paladin and it was awesome the bolt would come down kill the monster and then do a little AoE too. It was great fun!

Let some of the single target skills be OP and you wont have this problem.
WOW just WOW.. I really don't know what to say.... Apart of me is filled with sarcasm that I just want to let out but I'll hold on to it... Mob Density was the biggest if not one of the best changes ever made to D3. Everyone welcomed it and it made the game so much more fun and interesting and it gave many a reason to play again.. Now. what have you done....
back to boring but you know what now that the barb is dead idc the new skills you get you can't kill as fast as we are as of now, so ya you know what i've played this game from the start and i did not take a brack from it, and iv seen all the stuff that they did to the game in the last 2 yrs and Im starting to think they really do not know what they are doing and i love this game but damm wtf
I haven't played the game in a while but was going to get RoS anyway.

WTF is this guy smoking? I'm not a great player but even I had ZERO issues with monster density when it was raised. So once again Blizz telling us what is fun and saving us from ourselves.

I don't buy any of those excuses about performance etc....
View profile

They admit that it was fun, but somehow less interesting....Fun was found, and was nerfed.

Sad to say this seems to be the way it works, Having fun in Crytp of the ancients= nerft. Fun breaking things = nerft. Resplendent chest actually giving legs = nerf Fun hunting goblins = that's right nerfed .Oh no players like the mob density omg quick= nerf. the list goes on and on,
Holy misinterpretation, Batman! I think I might need to clarify a sentence in my original post, because it's been misquoted quite a lot. Apologies for potentially giving some of you the wrong impression. Hopefully I can make amends. :)

First up, monster density was not lowered or nerfed in the latest Beta/PTR patch. In fact, it was more or less buffed compared to where it was at when Closed Beta launched. With this last Beta/PTR patch, pacing has been improved and, although there are fewer mobs spawning now compared to 1.0.8, individual monster rewards have been adjusted and monster kill experience has been greatly increased. We definitely heard player feedback from the PTR and Beta about density levels and have made changes which should help address some of the concerns we were seeing. Our goal is to still have monster slaughter be rewarding and engaging (contrary to popular belief, we actually do want you to have fun!) while also avoiding many of the technical and mechanical issues introduced in 1.0.8. There are many parts of the whole experience to consider aside from a simple monster count and our goal is find a good balance.

As always, if you have feedback regarding these changes, I encourage you to try out the current PTR build and leave us feedback in the applicable forum.
02/07/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Nevalistis
we want you to have fun!

We want you to have fun!!

WE WANT YOU TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So desperate.
02/07/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Holy misinterpretation, Batman! I think I might need to clarify a sentence in my original post, because it's been misquoted quite a lot. Apologies for potentially giving some of you the wrong impression. Hopefully I can make amends. :)

First up, monster density was not lowered or nerfed in the latest Beta/PTR patch. In fact, it was more or less buffed compared to where it was at when Closed Beta launched. With this last Beta/PTR patch, pacing has been improved and, although there are fewer mobs spawning now compared to 1.0.8, individual monster rewards have been adjusted and monster kill experience has been greatly increased. We definitely heard player feedback from the PTR and Beta about density levels and have made changes which should help address some of the concerns we were seeing. Our goal is to still have monster slaughter be rewarding and engaging (we want you to have fun!) while also avoiding many of the technical and mechanical issues introduced in 1.0.8. There are many parts of the whole experience to consider aside from a simple monster count and our goal is find a good balance.

As always, if you have feedback regarding these changes, I encourage you to try out the current PTR build and leave us feedback in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/11864303/"]applicable forum[/url].

Yesterday, I started a game, ran out into the world and it took me 20-35 seconds from the entrance to the zone to actually encounter a mob... I am all for setting pacing in the mob density/encounters, but 30 seconds before encountering your first mob is probably 25 seconds too long.