Monster Density in todays patch

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
From patch notes:
MONSTERS

Monster Density has been revisited across Acts I-IV
Players should now encounter smaller packs of monsters less frequently

Can someone clarify? We asked for more monsters (like in 1.0.8 value) and they were nerfed even more?
Wow, that patch note was worded badly. At least I hope it is. I think they mean that it's more likely that the groups you find will have a bigger chance to be larger.
The way I read it is we will have larger packs altogether, since we will find smaller packs less frequently... hope that helps OP
02/06/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Brad
02/06/2014 04:11 PMPosted by MIAbrahms
Wow, that patch note was worded badly. At least I hope it is. I think they mean that it's more likely that the groups you find will have a bigger chance to be larger.

Or, the smaller packs are more densely placed. Either way, more monsters.
That seems less likely. In order for that interpretation to be true, the patch note would have to read "Players should encounter smaller packs of monsters more frequently."

EDIT: fixed my tags.

The intent is that smaller packs are less likely to chain together. They still exist, but are less frequent. It's an improvement to pacing, and you should run into "empty" areas less frequently now.

I'll see if I can tweak that a bit to make the sentiment clearer. =)
02/06/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Brad

Or, the smaller packs are more densely placed. Either way, more monsters.

That is how it should be imo.
Sadly, most likely not how it is.
I read it as more larger packs and fewer smaller packs. Less chasing 2-4 fallen and more wading through 10+ fallen, or something like that.
There is logic in this thread. Thank you rational gamers. I just read those notes and probably misinterpreted them myself and thought "this is not what players want!!!". Likely bad wording.. seeing as they has increased density in Adventure mode in Beta which made me think they were testing it for everyone.
02/06/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Nevalistis

The intent is that smaller packs are less likely to chain together. They still exist, but are less frequent. It's an improvement to pacing, and you should run into "empty" areas less frequently now.

Danke schön.

Ahh. So, monster flow will be closer to a steady stream and less like a leaky tap? That is a good thing.

I think he is saying that although there are the same number of overall mobs it should now feel like there are less empty areas due to vast improvements in the past months that have included pacing of the delivery of information to the customers. And mirrors.

Now I get it.
So the packs are now spread/pace out so it will looks more but the overall monsters count would the the same?
02/06/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Brad
02/06/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Lenyo
I think he is saying

Nevalist is a lady. A very pretty one at that. I know you didn't mean it that way, just educating you.

When in doubt, assume everyone on the internet is a cat jumping on a keyboard. No he/she hiccups and when you read something moronic, you can forgive it easier because... it is a cat jumping on a keyboard. An approach that has served me well over many MMOs and gaming forums over the years.