[2.1 Mechanics] Spirit Generators: Quick Ref.

Monk
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
10/27/2015 05:57 AMPosted by Bahamut
No it wont, phantom. Its already stated only APS is snapshotted for the maximum stacks of FoF. Thus if you have RG with power pylon beside, you want to leave it until you got your full and highest stack of FoF, while still have STI to maximum damage. (if with stricken consideration, not sure since I'm not good with its mechanism)

The Non-Season part is right, if you have access to stricken you want to build up stricken stacks first. And then its coming down to your class A buffs. Without further calculatingI guess youd want it about 1 minute before the estimated kill without Power Pylon.
I have a question: How static charge works when applied by two SC-monks on the same target simultaneously?
10/27/2015 09:31 AMPosted by GYGOS
I have a question: How static charge works when applied by two SC-monks on the same target simultaneously?

SC does not stack, every time it gets applied by anyone it overwrites any existing SC debuffs.
10/27/2015 04:55 AMPosted by Bahamut
Davlok,
According to your post regarding single target damage onto RG, any idea how much percentage of Damage is dealt by FoF and FoT to the RG (assume single target) in non-season of course.

Been thinking on choice on between Witching Hour and Thundergod Vigor for stun build (no EotS 30% lightning) and dex/lightning damage on amulet.

Hard to say, just give them both a shot as it's hard to evalutae IAS on paper when your damage is really based on how much spirit you currently can maintain against the drain. But if you're going for stun, most likely you will prefer the 7% IAS from WH.

10/27/2015 05:00 AMPosted by phantom
wonder is it possible to snapshoot the FoF dmg with a power pylon for the entire RG fight if i dont drop it?

Nope, can't snapshot damage buffs into FoF's DoT: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=15#290 for more info.
[deleted]
Good stuff Davlok on the single target DPS. That's exactly what I came up with through trial and error against elites.
10/27/2015 05:57 AMPosted by Bahamut
No it wont, phantom. Its already stated only APS is snapshotted for the maximum stacks of FoF. Thus if you have RG with power pylon beside, you want to leave it until you got your full and highest stack of FoF, while still have STI to maximum damage. (if with stricken consideration, not sure since I'm not good with its mechanism)

10/27/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Davlok
Nope, can't snapshot damage buffs into FoF's DoT: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=15#290 for more info.

Thanks for clearing me up :)
Time to fish!
@Davlok: a few ppl told me Hack and Fuliminator are best chioce for healmonk to proc Static charge can you confirm that? i all the time thought procs dont proc procs :-)
I have a friend who is gearing a support barb. He plans to use a wizard spike. Does this make sense to help proc static charge?
Has anyone done any testing with other classes pets proccing SC? It seems that Mystic Ally/item proc pets can proc SC, but can Hydras/Fetishes/Phalanx Avatars proc it as well?
I tested the mammoth hydra and it did not proc
10/14/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Davlok
Max FoF stacks = 4.871 * 9 = 43.84

Just out of curiosity, each of the 43 stacks in the above example would have a chance to proc stuff?
10/31/2015 10:14 PMPosted by Swalls
10/14/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Davlok
Max FoF stacks = 4.871 * 9 = 43.84

Just out of curiosity, each of the 43 stacks in the above example would have a chance to proc stuff?

I think you have a wrong understanding of the DoT. There wont be proccs by multiple stacks, because most likely you only have one dmg tick. You have 1 FoF DoT on the target and this DoT has a timer and a stack value. Now each time this DoT deals dmg the base dmg is simply multiplied by the stack value.

And just out of curiosity myself, how do you think 0.84 stacks should proc, or do you also get half stricken stacks on your target?
So a higher maximum number of DoT stacks on a target will not result in more proc chances, only more 60% weapon damage stacks, true?
11/01/2015 11:16 AMPosted by Swalls
So a higher maximum number of DoT stacks on a target will not result in more proc chances, only more 60% weapon damage stacks, true?

To be short: no, higher amount of stacks wont result in higher amount of procs.
11/01/2015 11:21 AMPosted by Goldarm
To be short: no, higher amount of stacks wont result in higher amount of procs.

Thanks Goldarm.
I was just thinking about situations when playing generator heal monk and wondering if I needed to snapshot my flying dragon into initial FoF applications on big groups of high progression mobs. Now I know that I don't have to worry about stuff like that. Cheers!
10/27/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Davlok
10/27/2015 04:55 AMPosted by Bahamut
Davlok,
According to your post regarding single target damage onto RG, any idea how much percentage of Damage is dealt by FoF and FoT to the RG (assume single target) in non-season of course.

Been thinking on choice on between Witching Hour and Thundergod Vigor for stun build (no EotS 30% lightning) and dex/lightning damage on amulet.

Hard to say, just give them both a shot as it's hard to evalutae IAS on paper when your damage is really based on how much spirit you currently can maintain against the drain. But if you're going for stun, most likely you will prefer the 7% IAS from WH.

10/27/2015 05:00 AMPosted by phantom
wonder is it possible to snapshoot the FoF dmg with a power pylon for the entire RG fight if i dont drop it?

Hi Davlok,
i want know if possible how to take snapshot to RG without FD.

Thanks for your time
I guess my old FoF-snapshotting post was confusing some folks since it was written back during the duo-gen days and we could FoT:SC until FD procced to snapshot FoF.... so I'll re-summarize the mechanics and technique for 2.4.1.

Old Info:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=15#290
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=17#321

Maximizing Single-Target DPS for 2.4.1
Way of the Hundred Fists - Fists of Fury's tooltip says it "take an additional 60% weapon damage as Holy over 3 seconds". Which isn't quite what happens under the hood...

Summary FoF Mechanics
- FoF has a max stack formula = ( 9* sheetAPS )
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks can be a fractional value.
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks are snapshot at application.
- Your SheetAPS is what is listed in your stat details (so FD, Radiance, Paragon, Gear, Transgression, STI, etc)
- FoF DoT's Proc Coefficent is snapshot at application depending on which strike lands first. (.75 > 0.09 > .5 )
- FoF DoT deals it's damage every 12 frames regardless of your attack speed. (5 times per second). Each stack deals 4% weapon damage.
- FoF DoT's Duration is refreshed every new DoT application.
- FoF DoT's Damage Buffs can -NOT- snapshot (dynamic)

So in 2.4.1 with any of the generator builds that use Fists of Fury, is that you want to be at MAX APS when you first tag the Rift Guardian - which typically means you need to have FD buff, Radiance, and STI buff up before applying the DoT. Flying Dragon proc can occur on any "action" regardless of hitting anything, so my current recommendation is:

Max DPS rotation - Single Target 2.4.1
Step1: RG spawns, stay in place and....
Step2: FoF the air until FD procs
Step3: Activate Radiance by dashing into the RG. (Make sure you hit the RG with your dash to activate STI BEFORE you apply the DoT)
Step4: FoF until you reach max DoT Stacks
Step5: Don't let the DoT drop until RG is dead
Step6: ....
Step7: Profit

I am too lazy to do the math right now, but snapshotting the FoF DoT will increase your single target DPS by somewhere between 25-50% if you are unlucky enough to spawn a RG without adds and lose STI for the majority of the fight. Then again, some Area-Damage focused monks might require add spawning bosses past a certain GR level anyways, so snapshotting may not be as important. Anyways, have fun punching the air! ^_^
04/26/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Davlok
Step2: FoF the air until FD procs

lol .. as always thumbs up to you Davlok for all your testing. You're GOLD to Monks. Thank you ;)

That said, you only do the testing... That is some serious f.... up mechanics right there. It's stuff like that, that just makes me say "fine I'm not gonna do that and I accept never getting LB placements" ...
Reference current 2.4.1 FoF Snapshot mechanics:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=18#358

From the latest PTR notes, it looks like Fists of Fury is getting the some attention. Max DoT stacks now capped at 15.

Previously the max stacks was capped at 9 )*(Sheet-APS). With a max APS of 5, this is a max reduction from 45 to 15, or a 66% nerf in DoT damage. Per my 94% reliable napkin math, this is a 22-28% nerf to overall damage. (I'm too old school to use d3planner)

I haven't actually tested on PTR yet, and don't have a means to verify proc coefficents anymore really, but overall... It seems like a good change in the generator diversity category, and more importantly... likely means Raiment 6pc will go live at +1250% generator damage ^_^