Transmog Gear. Patch 2.0, will it unlock for Mystic??

General Discussion
how often do you find repeat legendaries then? because If I were to find a great transmog piece, I would be bumped if I never found it again to be used as a transmog.

too bad.
02/25/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Gabriel
how often do you find repeat legendaries then? because If I were to find a great transmog piece, I would be bumped if I never found it again to be used as a transmog.

too bad.

All RNG. The whole point is to keep chasing items. If you can't find it, kill more monsters and try your luck some more.
02/25/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Grimiku
02/25/2014 10:16 AMPosted by SilverOwsla
So, quick question. Will the Legendary gear I find in 2.0 unlock transmog for the Exp???

Or will it only unlock Transmog AFTER the exp arrives? My understanding is you unlock the transmog when you ID the legendary.....

This is a good question, and I had to ask around to find out how it's currently working. Here's what I found out. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 should not unlock as Transmogrify options, even if you wait to ID them after Reaper of Souls goes live. In other words, finding Legendary items won't unlock options for Transmogrification until you find them after the expansion goes live.

Interesting. I could have sworn that when playing on the PTR (I NEVER got Beta so it couldn't have been a weird toggle), that I have seen the message that a new transmogify option was unlocked.

Not saying you are wrong, but was that message an error or something got their signals mixed? Or was that because the Beta was still live, and my account was just not activated for it. So as far as the client was concerned, ROS was active, I just didn't have the access and thus the transmogrify option was active.
can anyone tell me if ROS is coming to PS3?I"ve heard nothing but PS4 i have D3 for both the P.C and ps3.
02/25/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Grimiku
02/25/2014 10:16 AMPosted by SilverOwsla
So, quick question. Will the Legendary gear I find in 2.0 unlock transmog for the Exp???

Or will it only unlock Transmog AFTER the exp arrives? My understanding is you unlock the transmog when you ID the legendary.....

This is a good question, and I had to ask around to find out how it's currently working. Here's what I found out. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 should not unlock as Transmogrify options, even if you wait to ID them after Reaper of Souls goes live. In other words, finding Legendary items won't unlock options for Transmogrification until you find them after the expansion goes live.

I think i remember at some point there was work done towards less-than-duplicate legendary finds.
Couple that with transmog not enabling before ros...does that mean i should just hold off on patch 2.01 until ros launches? I may not find that legendary again, or have it's odds severely reduced, in case i'd want to collect all transmog looks.
Earlier I posted a bit of misinformation about whether or not Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 unlocking Transmogrify options, and I want to correct that mistake. That previous statement was based on some initial test results, and we discovered it was inaccurate after digging a little deeper. Sorry for the confusion, everyone!

Now, on to business. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 will unlock as Transmogrify options for you in the expansion. That includes the ones you identify, so feel free to do so! Once you upgrade your account to Reaper of Souls and have access to the Mystic, you should see the Legendary items you found in patch 2.0.1 as available Transmogrify options. Normally unlocking a Legendary Transmogrification option will be notified to you, but the ones found (and identified) between patch 2.0.1 and Reaper of Souls will not.

I should note that legacy Legendary items (those found prior to patch 2.0.1) do not unlock Transmogrify options.
Awesome, thanks for the update and great news.
So she is indeed more psychic than we though! Thanks for the update.
02/26/2014 08:51 AMPosted by Grimiku
Earlier I posted a bit of misinformation about whether or not Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 unlocking Transmogrify options, and I want to correct that mistake. That previous statement was based on some initial test results, and we discovered it was inaccurate after digging a little deeper. Sorry for the confusion, everyone!

Now, on to business. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 will unlock as Transmogrify options for you in the expansion. That includes the ones you identify, so feel free to do so! Once you upgrade your account to Reaper of Souls and have access to the Mystic, you should see the Legendary items you found in patch 2.0.1 as available Transmogrify options. Normally unlocking a Legendary Transmogrification option will be notified to you, but the ones found (and identified) between patch 2.0.1 and Reaper of Souls will not.

I should note that legacy Legendary items (those found prior to patch 2.0.1) do not unlock Transmogrify options.

Hi sorry for the off topic reply but can you confirm which bosses drop leg on firts kill? And if resetting quests resets that drop also?
So transmorg items will be available when we upgrade our account to ROS? Can you clarify that?

I preordered RoS already, does that mean I "upgraded" already and have transmorg available now? Or when RoS comes out?
do you still have to have the legendary? or can you salvage it?

i have code 33 can connection network
WHELP, guess I'm just gonna salvage all my Legacy Legendary Gear now.

I was holding out hope, and had a ton of old, but cool looking legendaries in my stash for Transmogging, just in case Blizzard had a change of heart on the issue, but this pretty much kills that idea.

Time to make some Fiery Brimstones!

I did find a new 2.0.1 Skeleton King mace last night, so that's one I can use to replace a mace with.

Very happy to hear this, I was worried my luck would be wasted getting the weapons I wanted to use as transmog to drop. Can't wait to use my new WKL and Skycutter when RoS hits.
Good news! Was almost depressed that both the Thunderfury i found would not give me the Transmog recipe.
so another question, what is the benefit of resetting quests?

Posted by Grimiku02/25/2014 10:16 AMPosted by SilverOwslaSo, quick question. Will the Legendary gear I find in 2.0 unlock transmog for the Exp???Or will it only unlock Transmog AFTER the exp arrives? My understanding is you unlock the transmog when you ID the legendary.....This is a good question, and I had to ask around to find out how it's currently working. Here's what I found out. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 should not unlock as Transmogrify options, even if you wait to ID them after Reaper of Souls goes live. In other words, finding Legendary items won't unlock options for Transmogrification until you find them after the expansion goes live
Any word on if currently crafted legendaries (such as Demon Hand) will have its transmorgs saved for RoS?
In the beta I unlocked transmog when picking up my friends newly found items. I didn't need to identify to get the featured effect as mentioned.

So I wonder, does this apply on upgrading Reaper of Souls too? .. Like, can I pick up an item from ny friend in the same game, recieve the transmog later on by just opening it in my inventory or equip, then give him or her back the piece of legendary item they found?
Just wondering, me and my friend were leveling and he got a skycutter, then gave it to me, will I be able to use it as transmogrify? He identified but I got the item :P