Auction House Crashes On OS X (Update 3/4)

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 21 22 23 25 Next
I want to let everyone know, that I'm aware of this issue with the auction house crash. That is all.
For what it's worth, today when googling this problem I found in 1st page instead of this thread, this page.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/13075319/diablo-iii-auction-house-crashes-on-os-x-[2262014]-2-26-2014
Mac players may experience crashes when they try to use the Diablo III Auction House. We're aware of the problem and we're working on a resolution to be included in a future update. We recommend that Mac players avoid opening the Auction House until the issue is resolved. For more information and updates as we receive them, please visit our Mac Technical Support forum.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to resolving this issue as soon as possible.

> "we're working on a resolution to be included in a future update"
At least we will have the auction house back for some time I guess.
I find it funny how all of us are stating that we want the AH yet they are getting rid of it. Why would they fix something they are getting rid of. I personally wish they would keep the AH and get rid of this account bound garbage. My girlfriend I love to play together but now the game is useless to play for us if we can't even give each other items. And now we can't even get them from the AH. This is Blizzards final dance with me I will no longer support them in any way. I have given them many chances in the past with deleting my account for no reason, to making my account permanently locked. Now they won't even make the game playable. GOOD BYE BLIZZARD it was a good run almost 20 yrs countless hours played from the original Warcraft up to SC2 and D3.
If you want to install a windows version but don't have a copy of windows (you wouldn't steal one right?!) it looks like it is possible to install with Wine as well (Diablo III has gold status). I've not tried it though so don't hold me to it.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29952

That url should get you started.
I tried Wine and it's buggy as hell with simple games as Touhou Project… I'm not even bothering trying with games as complex as Diablo.
@Motopsycho

The patch notes already stated that players in coop games can trade items between one another for up to two hours after the item drops.

Players in multiplayer games may trade Legendaries and Set items they find with others who were present for the drop for up to 2 hours after the item is acquired

Problem solved. 21 years with Blizzard, here you come.
That might be newly posted to the site you provided the link to, however, that was said in a blue (almost the only one) in this two days before that!
Hey all,

Dropping a note to say I'm going to see if we can get an update today. As soon as I get more info today, I'll post back.
03/04/2014 05:26 AMPosted by Machkhan
Hey all,

Dropping a note to say I'm going to see if we can get an update today. As soon as I get more info today, I'll post back.

Many thanks.
aleluya
started playing the game again for the first time in the few months, installed the new patch last night (2.0+), on 4 or 5 separate occasions (once trying to access the AH, the rest trying to get into or resume a game) my game has frozen, kicking me partially out to the desktop but locking the cursor and not allowing me to access the topbar on osx.

on all of these occasions i've had to command+option+esc. I noticed a few times last night that the lag in the game was some of the worst i've ever seen, forcing me to quit even though my connection speed was 50meg dl. Not sure if that's something to do with this new osx version or a precursor to the maintenance today.

my system is:

OSX 10.9.2 running on Macbook pro 15" w/retina, haswell 2.6ghz i7, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD, Geforce GT 750M

If it continues like this i'll put RoS over on my bootcamp partition, probably gain a lot more performance as the mac port's always been a little shady
If we can get an update today? So.. No fixes any time soon. Go back to the abyss Machkan
Hey all,

Wow.. that sounds like, oh , I totally forgot about the Mac Forum. Let's just leave a note and NOW start to get updates, I mean.. the last couple days, weren't important enough to already start looking for a fix.

So I assume you just walk past the Mac Development Door and *knock *knock*

Hello! Any updates on the Auction House?

Well.. um...

Gotcha! *leaves the door*
Hey all,

No action for a week and finally they posted comment ''if we can''

L M A O

Lawsuit incoming seriously.
Hey all,

I'm grateful you decided to finally answer us but…
I'm going to see if

This actually means you have no hard proof you actually can tell us anything if there is actually any information - which we cannot be sure about just now…

Also since an admin finally decided to show up I am asking again: Will we get any kind of compensation?
I am not asking for real money but some kind of token to show us you are not treating us like 2nd rate citizens…
i do have all the problems with crashing as mentioned above. Also, if i am in a group and the party leader, the game will crash if i try to create. It seems that if i am party leader, even passing the lead to someone ells that reates the game, i will still crash. Going into someone profile is fine, but then clicking on "INSPECT" within the profile will also crash me out. It annoying that you have to Power cycle your machine when this happens. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!
Blizz,

PLEASE ADDRESS THESE ISSUES TODAY, NOT TOMORROW!!!!!!!

There are a number a BIG issues on MAC that must be addressed ASAP. They have pretty much been mentioned on this thread, and I never post to forums, but the game has become a burden on MAC and the fun is being sucked out of the game. I have lots of friends that play D3 on MAC and we all have the same problems. There is nothing more frustrating then spending the MAJORITY of your game time resetting D3, lagging to the point where group play is impossible, and not being able to access the AH in its last days alive.

I will be posting something everyday on this till it is resolved.
03/04/2014 07:24 AMPosted by FrankieFrank
It annoying that you have to Power cycle your machine when this happens. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

F3 change desktop cmd-alt-esc --> force D3 closing
Opening the Auction House (or any related UI) should no longer cause crashes on OS X.