Auction House Crashes On OS X (Update 3/4)

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next
It does on EU.
03/04/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Deemonz
It does on EU.

This should be fixed with patch 2.0.2. Europe region may not have patched yet, thus still crashing on v2.0.1. EU should patch later today I believe.
Thanks.
It seems that they are good news, but the maintenance is still on the go, I guess there are 3 hours left to test the fix...
03/04/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Machkhan
Opening the Auction House (or any related UI) should no longer cause crashes on OS X.

Many thanks for fixing these issues!
Opening the Auction House (or any related UI) should no longer cause crashes on OS X.

It is good news that opening AH won't crash the game but what about the random crashing that occurs when:

1. Resuming a game
2. Starting a game
3. Half way through playing a game

Is the latest patch addressing the above too?

It is very frustrating to use "Activity Monitor" 30 to 40% of the time to force quit the game due to the random crash.

If it is not, you guys should really get a Mac and play some games. You will likely encounter the crash within 10 games by just hitting the "Resume" game after you start up the BNET launcher.

I’ve been waiting for this moment for almost 7 days.
You know ? SEVEN DAYS.

You guys should compensate all mac users.
This is not a joke, I say serious issue.

Yeah right… So the fact I just crashed my client by clicking on the Auction house is perfectly coincidental?
Crash ID: 3786ECD9-3D02-498C-AFF9-AFA2C9200938
Whoppy, many thanks now i have 2billion to spend before it ends
At the END!! It works!!!!!
still on 2.0.1

:(( damn Euro's

Fast forward please
03/04/2014 08:50 AMPosted by Hohenheim

Yeah right… So the fact I just crashed my client by clicking on the Auction house is perfectly coincidental?
Crash ID: 3786ECD9-3D02-498C-AFF9-AFA2C9200938

This crash indicates you're still on 2.0.1.22044. I believe your region hasn't patched yet.
02/26/2014 01:14 PMPosted by TheTias
02/26/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Machkhan
Hi MikeyK,

I believe that is a separate issue. Can you create a new thread with your system information and any crash report IDs you have? This way we can investigate it.

Thanks!

Very few people will have crash IDs Machkhan. The game literally hardlocks the entire computer. It's in between a crash and a kernel panic, and never quite gets to the KP stage. Unless you have Spaces active with a second desktop, there is no way to get out of the crash without restarting, and nothing is written to any of the logs.

Also the crash occurs in-game as well while you're playing (during combat etc). It's very frustrating and honestly makes the game unplayable for many people. And no, the three finger salute (CMD-OPT-ESC) doesn't work.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

For what it's worth, I noticed if you set the game to fullscreen window (instead of regular fullscreen) when these crashes happen it'll actually boot you back to the desktop and you can relaunch. Previously I had been SSH'ing in to kill the process since the GUI was locked.

Also, can't say for sure, but once I did this it seemed a little more stable? Went from 5x cashes in one night to 1x.
60A3C071-B2A3-4B40-8D15-BA38A4857278

game crashed after retrieving gold from AH.
I can't login due maintenance? I'm on US ...
Well, we have access to the AH now.

A couple of observations:
- There are only a few blue posts on the entire site during the week. It is very easy for them to see what the top issues on the site are, but they are simply not empowered to do anything about these issues. They simply report back. I doubt monitoring this site is even their top job priority.

- In the latest blue post there was no mention of compensation. This is another indication of their lack of empowerment. The devs are focused on RoS and have bigger fish to fry apparently.

From these observations, I conclude that this forum applies no social pressure to Blizzard at all. In fact, they probably think one function of this forum, beyond building community, is to allow disgruntled customers to harmlessly blow off steam.

If you want to pressure them into taking Mac as a platform more seriously, go to outside forums, twitter, etc.
Mackhhan,
Thanks for the update.
03/04/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Enzo
60A3C071-B2A3-4B40-8D15-BA38A4857278

game crashed after retrieving gold from AH.

Is this happening everytime? I'll check this out.
Can you tell us when it'll be available for Eu users?