explain mechanics of current trading system please

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
The current multi-player system is very inconvenient. It is not that easy to have a private online game with a few friends, that will not be crashed by some idiot you don't want to play with. The whole multi-player thing in D3 has always been awful. Very poor setup.
02/25/2014 03:23 PMPosted by !@#$%inJoe
It is not that easy to have a private online game with a few friends, that will not be crashed by some idiot you don't want to play with.

You do know that in the game menu you can check a box that turns off quick join right? Makes all your games invite only when you and your friends turn off quick join.
02/25/2014 01:56 PMPosted by !@#$%inJoe
I hear people talk about trading. Explain how you go about it.

Here are the steps on how to trade in game, but remember that trading Legendary items after patch 2.0.1 will be to players who were present in your game when it dropped, and only for a 2 hour time window.

• You can initiate a trade with other players by standing close to them and right clicking their portrait.
  • Select Trade from the pull down menu and you should see a trade window pop up.
  • Move the items you want to trade from your inventory to that trade window, and confirm that the items the other player is offering is what you agreed upon.
  • Once you both confirm the trade the items are exchanged and placed in your inventory(s).

You're not required to receive an item to complete a trade, so you can use this method to simply give an item to another player. Also, you can give items to another player by dropping them on the ground if you're not worried about someone else taking it (and the item isn't boa).
02/25/2014 03:23 PMPosted by !@#$%inJoe
The current multi-player system is very inconvenient. It is not that easy to have a private online game with a few friends, that will not be crashed by some idiot you don't want to play with. The whole multi-player thing in D3 has always been awful. Very poor setup.

If you're not using the tools properly, that's on no one but yourself. You can make a private, invite-only game. Seems like something you should look into.
02/25/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Pri
A lot of misinformation here.

As long as you don't have gold to trade on your "mule" you should be fine.

Legacy legendaries do not have any kind of trade barrier imposed upon them. They didn't in PTR and they probably won't in live.

What is BoA?

1) All Gold (outside of that posted to the AH)
2) All Legendaries that are found/picked up after 2.01 hits are tradeable for 2 hours with party the leg was found with. After this the leg becomes locked.
3) Enchanted items (post Ros) rare, legendary or othewise will not be tradeable

That's pretty much it.

Not quite..there is a bit more to it.

-New Loot 2.0 Legs can be given to those in party who were there when they dropped for up to 2 hours. They become BOA after that.
-Gold is BOA*
-Marquise gems and up are BOA
-Common Debris and RoS crafting mats are BOA
-Rares modified by the Mystic (RoS) are BOA
-Legacy Legendary items can still be traded/given
-Legacy crafting mats can be traded
-Standard Rares, blues, whites can be traded/given.

*With the AH still in the game at patch time it is unknown how gold will actually be dealt with. Possible that we can't trade between chars but can use on GAH. Will have to see how it works when it comes up.
Seriously dude? seriously? When is the game going to be playable.
02/25/2014 01:56 PMPosted by !@#$%inJoe
I hear people talk about trading. Explain how you go about it.

Here are the steps on how to trade in game, but remember that trading Legendary items after patch 2.0.1 will be to players who were present in your game when it dropped, and only for a 2 hour time window.

• You can initiate a trade with other players by standing close to them and right clicking their portrait.
  • Select Trade from the pull down menu and you should see a trade window pop up.
  • Move the items you want to trade from your inventory to that trade window, and confirm that the items the other player is offering is what you agreed upon.
  • Once you both confirm the trade the items are exchanged and placed in your inventory(s).

You're not required to receive an item to complete a trade, so you can use this method to simply give an item to another player. Also, you can give items to another player by dropping them on the ground if you're not worried about someone else taking it (and the item isn't boa).

can i drop the legendary on the ground for anyone to pick up within the 2 hr timeframe?
02/25/2014 03:56 PMPosted by Peter
can i drop the legendary on the ground for anyone to pick up within the 2 hr timeframe?

only if they were in the game with you when the item dropped.
Gold going BoA a month before RoS Release with zero warning is a ridiculous situation.

For people that have mule accounts used for bank space, or those that just set up new accounts and were going to fund them for setting up crafter levels and some seed money for enchanting etc being given zero warning that they wouldn't be able to get or give gold from/to those accounts is just a silly thing for Blizzard to have allowed happen.

They obviously knew the patch would be coming out last night so it would have been easy enough for them to let us know even on monday and we'd have been able to get things done. If there is any claim it was in patch notes, even when I woke up at 7am AEST this morning the launcher was showing patch notes from 1.0.8 to 1.0.8.3 (or some such) so that's a non-starter cop-out.

Not going to rant and rave about it but Blizzard certainly dropped the ball in this instance for this situation....yes there are likely not that many impacted but there is no downside at all to Blizzard having a launcher update on monday saying the patch was coming on tuesday and gold was going BoA.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Hmm kinda remind me of some other game that shall remain nameless . I like that game.
Oh and i say Diablo pet batlle next.
so if i am correct... this game is now PTR?
02/25/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Knytestorme
Gold going BoA a month before RoS Release with zero warning is a ridiculous situation.

For people that have mule accounts used for bank space, or those that just set up new accounts and were going to fund them for setting up crafter levels and some seed money for enchanting etc being given zero warning that they wouldn't be able to get or give gold from/to those accounts is just a silly thing for Blizzard to have allowed happen.

They obviously knew the patch would be coming out last night so it would have been easy enough for them to let us know even on monday and we'd have been able to get things done. If there is any claim it was in patch notes, even when I woke up at 7am AEST this morning the launcher was showing patch notes from 1.0.8 to 1.0.8.3 (or some such) so that's a non-starter cop-out.

Not going to rant and rave about it but Blizzard certainly dropped the ball in this instance for this situation....yes there are likely not that many impacted but there is no downside at all to Blizzard having a launcher update on monday saying the patch was coming on tuesday and gold was going BoA.

It was posted on twitter.
02/25/2014 03:50 PMPosted by MissCheetah
02/25/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Pri
A lot of misinformation here.

As long as you don't have gold to trade on your "mule" you should be fine.

Legacy legendaries do not have any kind of trade barrier imposed upon them. They didn't in PTR and they probably won't in live.

What is BoA?

1) All Gold (outside of that posted to the AH)
2) All Legendaries that are found/picked up after 2.01 hits are tradeable for 2 hours with party the leg was found with. After this the leg becomes locked.
3) Enchanted items (post Ros) rare, legendary or othewise will not be tradeable

That's pretty much it.

Not quite..there is a bit more to it.

-New Loot 2.0 Legs can be given to those in party who were there when they dropped for up to 2 hours. They become BOA after that.
-Gold is BOA*
-Marquise gems and up are BOA
-Common Debris and RoS crafting mats are BOA
-Rares modified by the Mystic (RoS) are BOA
-Legacy Legendary items can still be traded/given
-Legacy crafting mats can be traded
-Standard Rares, blues, whites can be traded/given.

*With the AH still in the game at patch time it is unknown how gold will actually be dealt with. Possible that we can't trade between chars but can use on GAH. Will have to see how it works when it comes up.

If 1-60 crafting materials is still tradable, then that means 3rd parties are still going to be able to farm crap tons of it.

(Step 1)
3rd party farms tons of exquisite essence, iridescent tears and lower level gems.

(Step 2)
3rd party sells them to cc warrior...

(Step 3)
Player uses them or vendors it straight to gold.
Or...they convert it up to RoS mats.

Not that I'm up for making everything BoA but as long as a hugely stackable currency such as these are still tradable, third parties will still have ezbusiness.
Ok so I looted / have stored some legendaries for friends and myself that have been looted / bought before the new exp. / patch.
Are they still tradeable to them and or back to me for use on our characters for say leveling purposes?
Also post exp/patch I think I saw someone hint that yellows were going to still be tradeable to anyone, just trying to get the facts straight.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Legendary items after patch 2.0.1 will be to players who were present in your game when it dropped, and only for a 2 hour time window.

[/quote]

This is terrible. You'll get one class in games with only the same class! For example. Barbarians will only want to play with other Barbarians since more drops for Barbarians.
... being given zero warning that they wouldn't be able to get or give gold from/to those accounts is just a silly thing for Blizzard to have allowed happen...

Considering the auction house is still active, the solution is still straightforward. The account that needs to recieve funds simply lists a white item for sale for however much they need to trade (i.e 1 billion gold). They then log onto the account holding all of the money and "buy" the item. Sure you'll lose the comission price (15%?), but that's the cost of embezzlement ;)
02/25/2014 04:05 PMPosted by Cramer

It was posted on twitter.

That's nice....for people that follow every single person on twitter. I didn't realise Twitter was now the official, and only, source for Blizzard to disseminate game-changing announcements
02/25/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Grimiku

why? I play the game, shouldn't i be able to freely trade all item with my friends? someone explain plz
I just cancelled my pre-order due to this great decision Blizz made. No Trading? Woohoo. No buying. My cash is BOA too.