We will receive more character slots in RoS?

General Discussion
Well, I like to have one class in each mode (softcore and hardcore), but to have the new class account should have 2 more slots.

Someone know if they plan to add those extra slots for RoS?
02/26/2014 03:08 PMPosted by NuMarAki

Ooh, I know! Pick me! (PICK ME.)

Players who purchase the standard edition of Reaper of Souls will receive 2 additional character slots by default, for a total of 12 character slots. (This functionality is currently implemented and live for Closed Beta).

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls will receive the base 2 character slots (for purchasing the expansion) plus another 3 character slots (for purchasing the DD or CE), for a total of 15 character slots.

So:
    - Base game = 10 characters slots
    - Standard edition Reaper of Souls = 12 character slots
    - Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition Reaper of Souls = 15 character slots
02/26/2014 03:15 PMPosted by Lylirra

Players who purchase the standard edition of Reaper of Souls will receive 2 additional character slots by default, for a total of 12 character slots. (This functionality is currently implemented and live for Closed Beta).

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls will receive the base 2 character slots (for purchasing the expansion) plus another 3 character slots (for purchasing the DD or CE), for a total of 15 character slots.

So:

Will there be some other way to earn/purchase even more slots afterward?
i thought DD as in digital download =D

but meeh, i'm stickin with standard RoS version
02/26/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Otis

No plans currently.
Ok. There's plenty to fill the boots for quite a while. :)
02/26/2014 03:15 PMPosted by Lylirra

So:

Thank you very much Lylirra.

It will be amazing
02/26/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
02/26/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Otis

No plans currently.

Give us an additional slot for every other Blizzard game (new ones) that we own! :)
02/26/2014 03:30 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Give us an additional slot for every other Blizzard game (new ones) that we own! :)

That could either be brilliant or awful. Or both. Brawful? Awfrilliant?

Either way, again—we've no plans at this time to provide additional ways to earn/purchased character slots outside what I listed above. ;)
I cant really think of a reason someone would want more than 12 slots. that is enough for 1 of each class in both soft and hardcore. Perhaps as banks, but I would much rather just have another extra inventory page. I typically run with 1, maybe 2 hardcore characters, and the rest are softcore. made some doubles just so I can see both male and female character art and animations.
Will there be more bank tabs added?
Lylirra

Speaking of character slots will we be seeing the extra tab in our storage before RoS launch or at RoS launch?

Would this be a good thing to stress test before launch?
02/27/2014 12:31 AMPosted by Sniffynose
Will there be more bank tabs added?

All players who pick up Reaper of Souls will gain access to another stash tab when the expansion launches. This tab will unlock in a very similar manner as previous tabs (the tabs you have access to currently), which means you'll need to purchase the initial tab and, from there, you'll have the opportunity to purchase an additional 14 slot expansions over time.

02/27/2014 09:03 AMPosted by ArchangelMD
Speaking of character slots will we be seeing the extra tab in our storage before RoS launch or at RoS launch?

Would this be a good thing to stress test before launch?

This was both tested in beta and internally (functionally wise and in terms of database load). Nothing is 100% foolproof, but we did do our best to put it through the veritable wringer. :)
Crafting materials, dye's, and gems really need to have no stack limit. That would free up a lot of stash space. Also, crafting materials and gems should probably be auto-looted and go into some sort of separate storage space (like gold).
Thank you Lylirra (^-^)b

Really great seeing you guys throw ouit all these answers. I hit refresh and see a new blue post every couple of minutes. Very informative.
Awesome news, thank you so much for the quick reply Lylirra! <3
02/27/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Lylirra
which means you'll need to purchase the initial tab and, from there, you'll have the opportunity to purchase an additional 14 slot expansions over time.

To clarify for forum folks - the stash tab and slots are purchased with gold, just like the previous ones. That is a common question on the forums when this comes up!
02/26/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
02/26/2014 03:30 PMPosted by DoomBringer

That could either be brilliant or awful. Or both. Brawful? Awfrilliant?

Either way, again—we've no plans at this time to provide additional ways to earn/purchased character slots outside what I listed above. ;)

If this was implemented, i'd have too many character slots to know what to do with, lol, as it is i only use 5-6 for a sc char, then 5-6 for a hc char mirroring the class.
02/27/2014 10:06 AMPosted by RedShift
Crafting materials, dye's, and gems really need to have no stack limit. That would free up a lot of stash space. Also, crafting materials and gems should probably be auto-looted and go into some sort of separate storage space (like gold).

Yes Blizz please do this, with mats being BoA and no AH there is really no reason why mats can not be in some currency tab.
What about those who bought CE for the first game? Are we forgotten? Everyone gets wings now? Everyone can buy the white and black dye.
Why should one bother to buy CE ever again if everyone gets the same benefits later anyway?