guaranteed legendary?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 19 Next
Speaking from lvl 60 and beyond, I personally love the concept of this feature, want a guaranteed reward? work for it, clear the whole content first.

I love my monk class, and have actually 5 of them, this means I can farm the story mode linearly with each of them and then when they are all done. Ill launch a special game to collect my 5 guaranteed legendaries !

The certainty of a reward that this brings to my mind its very pleasant, and Id definitively going to try this approach, I just wish it worked with an additional boss aside from SK so Im encouraged to cycle the acts again.

I embrace a slow but steady option, specially if my regular farming sessions are not doing so well, Im actually planning to make 10 monks now :D
Hey Lylirra, please do not consider fixing the Skeleton King "bug". It gives us a nice reason to re-play the campaign.

However, some people might simply power-level a character (doesn't take much time) to level 60 and get a free one.

If there's a change that must be made, it's that the guaranteed legendary from Leoric should be available AFTER you reset quests. You can't get it by power-leveling a character to 60 (or 70), get the legendary, delete and repeat. This would make sure that people are clearing the whole game to earn it.
02/28/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
02/28/2014 04:51 PMPosted by hunts
I do believe that trading and AH were also options for players who wanted to take advantage of them, no? Or would trading be forced onto players via disabling drops if you haven't traded with someone else in the past 24 hours or something similar?

We'll certainly keep an eye on how players use the Reset Quest option. If it looks like a large majority of players feel the feature is mandatory based on the rewards it provides (or if it somehow starts to short circuit an intentional element of the game, like the auction house did), then we'll likely revisit its functionality and make some changes.

Until then, we like being able to provide players the opportunity to start the campaign from scratch and earn first-time quest bonuses. We already have plans to make the feature itself a bit easier to navigate and understand, but beyond that we're pretty happy with its current functionality and intent.

Thanks for the feedback, though! I'll be sure to pass it on.

I love this feature btw. No more having to run Act 3 all the time. Yes I realize I don't HAVE to but it's better for the most effective way to play the game be to play the entire game in my opinion.
i think that the reset button is the best feature of the 2.0 patch..

now i can go act 1 to 4 again and then reset after..

this is not the best farming route but is good if u enjoy the story..
02/28/2014 04:51 PMPosted by hunts
02/28/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Lylirra

Given that it's an option for players who want to take advantage of it (and not mandatory in any way for other players), we don't have any plans to remove it at this time.

I do believe that trading and AH were also options for players who wanted to take advantage of them, no? Or would trading be forced onto players via disabling drops if you haven't traded with someone else in the past 24 hours or something similar?

This has got to be the most childish and ignorant post that I've ever read, which is a feat in itself on this forum. How can it even compare to the AH? You can't take advantage of anything by resetting the quests. Sure you get a single guaranteed drop from the SK, but you gotta get to him first, and then you have to finish the entire game, all the way to diablo to be able to reset again. SO that gives you, what, a guaranteed legendary every 5-6 hours lol Basically you can't abuse it.

The devs want us to play the game, and if this quest reset option isn't exactly that, than I don't know what is.

I did it twice with my mage because it gives me one more incentive to play longer instead of doing short alkeizer runs. Plus completing quests gives a decent amount of XP, nothing crazy, but okayish.

Man some of you guys really want to suck all the fun out of this game.
Once the expansion ships this option won't even limit where you can go unless you CHOOSE to play campaign mode. All you'd need to do is switch to adventure mode and you can go anywhere and do anything. :)

I am fine with this reset because it does limit your strategy to get good items a great deal and the resources are more limited.

Blizzard hasn't indicated if you can get legendary drops from bosses with the reset if playing in Torment that are very rare or if you just get normal legendaries. As in, does it increase your chance to get an elite legendary?
I like the idea of a guaranteed legendary every time you log in. That way we can just skip all this killing the SK nonsense.
02/28/2014 06:28 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Hey Lylirra, please do not consider fixing the Skeleton King "bug". It gives us a nice reason to re-play the campaign.

So, here's a few quick updates from the design team (almost verbatim).

• We will be fixing the bug with the Skeleton King in an upcoming patch ("the bug" = he drops a guaranteed Legendary item each time you kill him after using the Reset Quest feature). This not an intended bonus of Reset Quest.

• While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through, and would be provided regardless of level.

• We're also revisiting drops for all Act bosses after using Reset Quest. We agree that seeing all blues drop just feels bad. =/

We don't have the details all figured out yet, but that's the general idea.
02/28/2014 07:13 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through--even at level 60.

Nice! A good change. Thanks for the heads up Lylirra
Will we need to reset act IV or ALL acts to get that guaranteed legendary? O_o
just at diablo? thats pretty lame... should be for all end boss
02/28/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Cybah
Will we need to reset act IV or ALL acts to get that guaranteed legendary? O_o

You can't just reset one act, it resets everything.
02/28/2014 06:28 PMPosted by DoomBringer

So, here's a few quick updates from the design team (almost verbatim).

• We will be fixing the bug with the Skeleton King in an upcoming patch ("the bug" = he drops a guaranteed Legendary item each time you kill him after using the Reset Quest feature, even if you're level 60).

• While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through--even at level 60.

• We're also revisiting drops for all Act bosses after using Reset Quest. We agree that seeing all blues drop just feels bad. =/

This is a very welcome compromise.

@Lylirra: You're welcome for the heads up :.)

• While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through--even at level 60.

Very nice. thx ;)

I like this, it was kind of disappointing today to kill Butcher and get 3 blues on my 60 Barb.
02/28/2014 07:19 PMPosted by cheese
just at diablo? thats pretty lame... should be for all end boss

this. :(
I did this for the hell of it, and it was surprisingly fun. Campaign ain't much, but having that goal structure in place made it work for me. Finding a Legendary or getting another Paragon level was more of a cool surprise because I was intent on doing whatever quest I was on. But yeah, because of the blue rewards (and static maps), it's kinda limited.
So let me get this right (I actually don't know), the reason why you'd want to reset your quest line after you beat Diablo... is so you can get low level Legendary items when you're almost at level 60?