How to reset quests?

General Discussion
I have completed all of the quests and I don't see where to reset? any help?
anyone?
Did you not notice the big reset button in the middle of your change settings screen?
What i want to know is, why bother? Serious question. I mean, pre-60, it seems like you can get the "guarantee" legendary drop again from bosses, but at 60, what's the point in doing it, other than to torture yourself in having to slog through the whole campaign again? It says increased rewards, but anyone know what exactly that is?
02/28/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Katablade
Did you not notice the big reset button in the middle of your change settings screen?

I mean, its not a 'big' button. Its the same as the others.

But its under the change quest button.
It's weird because only one of my characters has the button. The others, who have also completed the entire campaign do NOT have the button. It's simply not there. Anyone know why?
Seems not a good idea to reset, just did it, now halfway through A2 and bosses don't drop legs. Maybe their chance is higher? Would be nice if that reset feature would be clarified.
It only guarantees a leg drop on the first time you kill a particular boss. The reset button will not get you guaranteed legs from bosses after the first kill no matter what level you are.
Is there a benefit to quest reset?
If you reset the quests you can get the leg off skele again. I don't have the reset button, whoever said that I should look for it harder is clearly a moron. It isn't there.
IMHO Resetting is a bad idea. Resetting also resets your waypoints so you have to get them all over again. And you cannot join friends that are further ahead than you. I tried it on one character and made myself quickly run through to kill Diablo again just so I could jump around and farm with friends again. Through the whole time I think 1 boss actually dropped a leg. Not worth resetting at all.
02/28/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Kurnis
It's weird because only one of my characters has the button. The others, who have also completed the entire campaign do NOT have the button. It's simply not there. Anyone know why?

In order to unlock the "Reset Quest" button, your character will need to have completed every single quest in the game, including all the individual checkpoints (or steps) within those quests. Just because you've killed Diablo, that doesn't mean your character has necessarily completed every single quest in the game.

We know it's very confusing right now to tell which quest or quest step you're missing, so we're looking into ways to address that and make it more obvious for players to see exactly what they still need to complete in order to unlock the "Reset Quest" option on each of their characters.

That kind of change isn't something we can hotfix in, but instead would require a client-side patch. It is absolutely on our radar, though, and something we want to fix.
I accidentaly reset the quests and is so boring to replay the campaign.
Don't try to reset quests if using a Mac it will crash!!!
02/28/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Vash
I accidentaly reset the quests and is so boring to replay the campaign.

He always drops a leg. Funny thing, if they ever fix that the last fun thing in the game will be gone with that bug. It remotely reminds me of mephisto runs. Just more tedious.
02/28/2014 10:03 AMPosted by Tricsun
What i want to know is, why bother? Serious question. I mean, pre-60, it seems like you can get the "guarantee" legendary drop again from bosses, but at 60, what's the point in doing it, other than to torture yourself in having to slog through the whole campaign again? It says increased rewards, but anyone know what exactly that is?

When we decided to remove the old tiered progression system (Normal → Nightmare → Hell → Inferno), we knew we would be taking away the repeat story experience. We also knew that there are players out there who enjoyed that experience of getting to play through the story linearly as well as repetitively.

This is where the "Reset Quest" option comes in. We wanted to give players a way to repeat the story and still feel like they were getting a bonus for doing so. For those who don't know, whenever you use "Reset Quest," not only does your quest progression reset, but the gold and EXP rewards also reset. This gives players the opportunity to earn those higher "first time quest complete" reward values again, but it's at the cost of needing to replay the whole story -- which, hey, some players really enjoy.

That said, we know that it's a little too easy right now for players to click the "Reset Quest" button and accidentally reset their story progression without actually a) meaning to and b) knowing entirely what they're getting into. So, we're going to add some additional functionality that will both better clarify what "Reset Quest" does and what rewards come with it, as well make it a little more difficult for those accidental resets to happen.

02/28/2014 10:09 AMPosted by TEHvomit
It only guarantees a leg drop on the first time you kill a particular boss. The reset button will not get you guaranteed legs from bosses after the first kill no matter what level you are.

Slightly off-topic, but Grimiku recently clarified how first-time boss kills and Legendary items work here (if you're curious): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11909940878?page=2#21
Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering why anyone would wish to reset and do it all over again when they could just make a new character.
I accidentally reset the quests and is so boring to replay the campaign.

It may be boring to replay the campaign (Story Mode), however, the loot will be better if you don't start at lvl 1.

02/28/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Lylirra
02/28/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Kurnis

In order to unlock the "Reset Quest" button, your character will need to have completed every single quest in the game, including all the individual checkpoints (or steps) within those quests. Just because you've killed Diablo, that doesn't mean your character has necessarily completed every single quest in the game.

We know it's very confusing right now to tell which quest or quest step you're missing, so we're looking into ways to address that and make it more obvious for players to see exactly what they still need to complete in order to unlock the "Reset Quest" option on each of their characters.

That kind of change isn't something we can hotfix in, but instead would require a client-side patch. It is absolutely on our radar, though, and something we want to fix.

This is why I start a new character from scratch every time a patch goes through. It takes the confusion out of the equation, although it can be very tedious (there is nothing boring about D3 for a casual player, IMO).

I have a suggestion: Unless it's a major game breaking bug, wait until scheduled maintenance to deploy any new patches. That way, players won't be going : "Server Restart/Shutdown?!" in the middle of a boss fight.
The main reason people want to reset the quests now is to get the leg from SK again. IMO after you run through all acts again as you said diablo should drop you a leg.
02/28/2014 11:35 AMPosted by JWNZ
The main reason people want to reset the quests now is to get the leg from SK again. IMO after you run through all acts again as you said diablo should drop you a leg.

Granted. You have to redo everything again before SK drops the 2nd leg. This could be a bug, either way it's a good idea, promoted playing the game, and it's a well deserved reward.