Changes to Cursed chests

General Discussion
Can someone tell me what they were? I noticed they aren't spawning anywhere it seems and there is literally no information to be found on it.
Do a thing where u kill x (100) in timer. Nearly impossible even with reasonably high dps AoE wiz. FInished one with high dps hunter and frankly was underwhelmend with result (2 chests vs one filled with crap yellows and blues). Amusing but the success of beating the mechanic meant more than the loot.
They have changed them or removed them. I was looking for any info on the changes.
It would suck if they are gone for everyone because a few people were exploiting their xp
Well the one in halls of agony 3 is gone. I have no idea what they did to the others
They are all gone. I assume they will bring them back once they adjust the amount of xp you can get from them. Knew of 2 places to get the chest, both are gone. Seems like we are back to crypt runs..... yea.(So not looking forward to 700 levels or paragon doing crypt runs)
02/28/2014 07:25 AMPosted by Groovdog
Do a thing where u kill x (100) in timer. Nearly impossible even with reasonably high dps AoE wiz. FInished one with high dps hunter and frankly was underwhelmend with result (2 chests vs one filled with crap yellows and blues). Amusing but the success of beating the mechanic meant more than the loot.

They were much easier in groups and gave a ton of XP. You didn't do them for loot.
They should make it so that any chest could be randomly be a cursed chest if the RNGod decides. They can be in the game just like before, withthe same awesome xp gain, but it'll be harder to exploit because they could be ANY random chest!
I noticed the one from Halls of Agony lvl 3 is gone now. I still came across on in Arreat Crater Level 2, but it was the one where you had to do waves of monsters, not the kill 100 one.
02/28/2014 08:31 AMPosted by TexasTodd
I noticed the one from Halls of Agony lvl 3 is gone now. I still came across on in Arreat Crater Level 2, but it was the one where you had to do waves of monsters, not the kill 100 one.

That one in Arreat Crater pisses me off. The last wave is those stupid fat mobs, that shield other mobs, and then run away. I have near 300k dps, and even in sub Torment difficulty, I get that last wave about 25% of the time.
the one in act 2 after you first start act 2 has spawned a couple times for me so far
02/28/2014 07:49 AMPosted by Corwynt
Well the one in halls of agony 3 is gone. I have no idea what they did to the others

I watched datmodz play last night, it was hilarious. They were obviously abusing the spot, someone in chat said the hotfix went live, they relogged, and the entire chunk of that map was gone lol.
I love how every single time someone finds a way to do "runs" of some sort that happen to be very efficient, blizzard removes or nerfs it into the ground. What the hell was the problem really? I could understand if cursed chests actually dropped loot, but I've never seen anything of worth even drop of cursed chests. It's literally like a blue and a yellow. God forbid though, people find a way to grind paragon exp at a quicker rate than their new bounty system that they are so proud of (its really not that impressive of an addition by the way).

I really just despise damn near every decision this development team makes, yet I continue to play for the simple fact that I'm a huge diablo fan and a big blizzard fan. Blizzard still does great on their other games, but the diablo 3 fiasco is just absolutely hilarious.
02/28/2014 07:23 AMPosted by Corwynt
Can someone tell me what they were? I noticed they aren't spawning anywhere it seems and there is literally no information to be found on it.

There were a few changes made to the Cursed Bellows, which is a Cursed Chest event that can spawn in the Halls of Agony:

• The Cursed Bellows will now spawn randomly rather than in a fixed location. In addition, it now only has a chance to spawn rather than being a guaranteed spawn.
  • Corrected the XP granted by enemies spawned by the Cursed Bellows to more appropriately match their HP.

You can check out more hotfixes here (we also include upcoming hotfixes if there are any): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914141315
02/28/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Lylirra
Corrected the XP granted by enemies spawned by the Cursed Bellows to more appropriately match their HP.

how did this happen? didn't the xp to hp scaling get fixed way back with the scorpion xp nerf?
TYVM for the reply. I appreciate info like this being available.
I had a few chests not have ANYTHING drop from them last night.
02/28/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Bricktop
how did this happen? didn't the xp to hp scaling get fixed way back with the scorpion xp nerf?

Human error, probably. And it's a slightly different scenario. For this particular event, it was more that the HP/XP ratio of chest-spawned mobs didn't match the HP/XP ratio for the same mob type that spawn in the open world, which was balanced better. The hotfix helps corrects that issue.
02/28/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
Human error? And it's a slightly different scenario. For this particular event, it was more that the HP/XP ratio of chest-spawned mobs didn't match the HP/XP ratio for the same mob type that spawn in the open world, which was balanced better. The hotfix helps corrects that issue.

Thx for a response. Usually better to not come-off as hoity toity "Human error?" when your managing a community but to each his/her own.
02/28/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Bricktop
02/28/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
Human error? And it's a slightly different scenario. For this particular event, it was more that the HP/XP ratio of chest-spawned mobs didn't match the HP/XP ratio for the same mob type that spawn in the open world, which was balanced better. The hotfix helps corrects that issue.

Thx for a response. Usually better to not come-off as hoity toity "Human error?" when your managing a community but to each his/her own.

seriously youre taking issue with being told "human error" could be a factor here?

really?

c'mon people there are a lot of things to complain about in the world. the idea that the Blizz devs maybe aren't code gods is not one of them. we all make mistakes.