Buff legendary drop or remove boa

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 Next
Damn, you are whiney
Completely agree, this weekend I did a full playthrough act 1-4 on torment 2, going straight for quests and killing every elite on the way and I only got 4 legendaries. And the worst bit is they were all freaking horrible, all weapons that I lost 50% damage for equipping.
I completely agree with this. Every legendary I find is complete garbage and my gear isn't even that good.
The problem is that there is nothing that makes us forget we're in a gear grind. The best games make you forget you're grinding, because you're supposed to be having fun.

This game just needs more things to do, not a drop rate buff. Make me forget that I'm just trying to infinitely gear up.
The legendary drop rate would be fine if 95% of the legendary items I find weren't garbage. I've found 5 legendary wands in the past week, and yet I'm still using this trash sword because not a single one of them had a socket.

And lets not forget all the legendary armor I've found that stat wise looks like nothing more than a glorified rare, only none of it's been better than the rares or legacy items I already have.

Long gaming sessions in Diablo 3 make me feel regret. The kind of regret you feel after you sleep with a fat girl. I feel ashamed of what I just did because it was nothing but a waste of time that I could have spent doing more constructive things.
There are many things that have to be considered.

I think the drop rates are OK. Nobody should expect to be fully geared again after 2 weeks of playing, depending on play time. It took us almost 1 and a half year to get what we have now and mostly with the use of the AH. Of course there's almost no trading anymore and you have to rely on what drops for you. With no play time, you won't get far. When I play T4 open games (Keep runs), I usually get a legendary every game. But only after 1 hour of continous playing with that char. When I switch chars, I get far less. What I really want and didn't get until now are class specific set items. Those are just not dropping for me - for all chars I have. 98% of the legendary Items I get are useless because of randomization. 2h weapons are broken and Blizzard won't fix it until RoS (are they really forcing people to buy RoS this way if they want to get good 2h weapons again?). But then again without useless legendary items there would be no brimstones.

For those who buy RoS: Almost everything we find now will be useless when we hit level 70 and we will have to get all items again. How it's going to be in RoS - we still have to see that. In RoS we can tweak items with the Mystic. Provided we have enough raw materials, we can add sockets ourselves or change stats that are too low or unwanted (but only one stat per item). There might be a greater number of uselful items because of that.

For now I only would want that the drop of 2h weapons is deactivated. Those simply are completely useless and why should they be in the game right now...
Brilliant,if you get your suggested 10 hours per legendary drop that would mean it will take me a mere 100 hours just to get enough crap legendary items to make demon skin set (severe sarcasm).
Drops suck for me, 1 piece an hour at best average on t3 sucks. Means 4-5 hours of play for something that makes me go "hmm, not bad" just is boring. I should say that 1/hour at worse and at best every map should have something that makes me debate wearing it, or trying it, or swapping out a skill for it to try something new. 2.0 loot is actually worse than before. And how funny is it that "COMMON" debris is more rare than the rare crafting mats lol.
03/16/2014 04:14 AMPosted by HotShot
It took us almost 1 and a half year to get what we have now and mostly with the use of the AH.

I was geared pre 2.0 in less than a month, a year and half is just an absurd length of time to get anywhere. Without the AH though your right, gearing will be very difficult with the current drop rates unless there is some master scheme in RoS to implement a truelly serious crafting system that crushes the mediocre drops, then maybe it can work but all anyone will do is speed farm normal for drops to breakdown and craft. That's even sadder. It's not unfair to want reward for time spent and currently 1 - 1 1/2 hours mass killing for pity drop in torment for torment bonus rolled gear is sad. T6 people should be getting one at least every 15 min and t1 every 1/2 hour. Considering they are BoA, and average 80% uselessness, 10% meh, 5% hmm not bad, and 5% oh yeah it's not unreasonable.
It's suppose to suck, it's what keeps you playing
lets say that item drop is ok but not be able to trade at all ...pff that's not ok from any point of view
now most legendarys are !@#$ cuz of the hight end gear patch 1.0.8 gave us
but in Ros thing will change and good items will start to drop BUT not for your class
now if I have just one char and I play just on that what can I do with a dex or item weapon or armor ?salvage it .....farming 10 h for a leg and then is not for my class
but if it is not boa u can either trade it with a friend and gear his char up or pump up your own

LET IT BE TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bet the headmaster geek from blizz came with this idea no trade all items boa
and all the other geeks fallowed
I think the drop rate is fine. I am finding more legs then before 2.0 when I was running around with full MF gear.

Having said that. They are still garbage. Some of them have potential for the Mystic

Bring on RoS now!
The drop rates are terrible. I have been playing and it feels like the 2 hr safety net does not work. Often, with no leg drop, I just leave the game and exit D3. Its that boring.

At this rate you will not be able to complete sets or find any good upgrades.
There's not enough variety in content to justify it taking hundreds of hours to complete a single item set.
I think a very good idea would be for reseted quest runs to get a 50% leg drop for final act bosses , plus a 20% for medium act bosses. It's just too boring, impossible to improve for me with 200k (europe)
This game is still about paragon exp farming. You get loot rather quickly and we all seem to rush to get gear and experience, but for what?

Where is the endgame we are gearing ourselves towards?

• Ubers?
  • Rifts?
  • T6?
  • Paragon level?
lol self found kiddies reporting this thread. how cute.

the only idiots who think the drop rate is fine/drop quality is fine, are people with trash accounts whose bad drops appear to be upgrades, as well as people who think you should invest hundreds of hours to find a single item. O_o

trading is diablo. BOA will be just as bad for D3 as the AH was.
The weird thing I notice is pretty much everyone is doing some kind of run. Rinse and Repeat. Yet they removed MF from the game? I guess they either don't want us doing runs lol, or they are simply catering to generation wah wah wah with a guaranteed legendary every 2 hours. It is pretty funny that the drop rates are so pathetic considering you are now picking from a pool of 300 or so legendaries and they still have 2-3 random affixes EL OH EL. When you reset quests every boss should drop atleast 1 legendary with this model. It makes me laugh how they are so scared for anything to be rewarding or OP well done Blizzard, way to make the game fun!
03/17/2014 02:49 PMPosted by LazyNCrazy
The weird thing I notice is pretty much everyone is doing some kind of run. Rinse and Repeat. Yet they removed MF from the game? I guess they either don't want us doing runs lol, or they are simply catering to generation wah wah wah with a guaranteed legendary every 2 hours. It is pretty funny that the drop rates are so pathetic considering you are now picking from a pool of 300 or so legendaries and they still have 2-3 random affixes EL OH EL. When you reset quests every boss should drop atleast 1 legendary with this model. It makes me laugh how they are so scared for anything to be rewarding or OP well done Blizzard, way to make the game fun!

1) MF is a bad stat that competes wit hall the wrong things. they relegated it to legendaries because of this.

2) You do not need MF for runs.

3) You are not, in any way, guaranteed a legendary in any given time period short of "forever".
Seriously, I don't think there is a major problem with the drops. Either you are not farming enough or you just bought too much out of the AH back in the days. I mean, I already replaced 90% of all my stuff and still find legendarys that is better than mine.

People are complaining... "Buff legendary drop rate, none of them are useful!" after the buff they will all sing along "Like 1 out of 10 legendarys are useful and the one that is better increases my dmg with 0.1%"...

It's going to be like this over and over again. If you stil complain, have you even tried the crafting?