Chest nerf

General Discussion
Wow, I think you went really overboard with this chest nerf. I was expecting a decrease, but finding 2 where I normally find 10? Thats a bit insane.
Do people really expect these to stay in? just like the Mira nerf, it was expected.
Still not getting loot from chests or mobs besides gold, and ya the chest reduction is ridiculous
Was there really an issue with chests? I've been playing since launch and never got the feeling I was getting too lucky from chests... and its not like I go on chest runs I loot what chests I see while I'm slaying stuff. I have noticed that most of my legendaries come from chests, corpses and breakables... but just nerf the rates from those. I want my chests back please.
Maybe there were too many before (I think it was fine), but the nerf amount is over the top here. Halving it would have been fine.
03/04/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Brad
The spawn rate before was ridiculous. What you're seeing now is proper IMO. Until they add a feature for locked chest, they don't need to spawn everywhere like before.

I never ran into too many at one time, and I thought they were only going to correct it in areas that they themselves said were "a little too generous" not from every zone. and does "a little" = an 80% reduction? if what OP said was legit 10 down to 2
I'm almost through Keep lvl 1 again and so far have only run into 1 chest this time... the one that spawns the skeletons (which probably don't give XP anyways for some reason).
Chests were way op come on. I have gotten more legs by far from chests than from anything else. They should increase the rate on tough elites and keep chest reduction. Reward for kills, not exploring the map.
I agree.
I don't know. I guess it doesn't' matter. My focus has always been on just maiming monsters as quick as possible. Have a splendid day people.
03/04/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Brad
03/04/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Dyablo
Still not getting loot from chests or mobs besides gold, and ya the chest reduction is ridiculous

The spawn rate before was ridiculous. What you're seeing now is proper IMO. Until they add a feature for locked chest, they don't need to spawn everywhere like before.

greatly devalues the new legendary's that proc via opening chests...
They should have increased the drop rate from killing monsters rather then nerfing anything.
So it is back to pre-2.02 Diablo 3 where we find nothing for hours?

Then it is where I once again get outta here. Well, thank you Blizzard for giving me entertainment during 1 week.

I am not a powergamer, my highest level is 34. I play the 5 classes evenly and just do the the whole campaign quest on Normal difficulty. I am not abusing anything or exploiting anything. I just play alone and try to have fun.

And this is where Blizzard penalize and push away from the game normal players while trying to restrain farmers and exploiters.

So happy I did not pre-order the expansion. I will not fall for it. I know better now.

So it is back to PoE, Torchlight 2 and Marvel Heroes I guess.

See you next patch when you come back to your senses!
Well at least there's double goblins on the first floor of the cathedral now. But how long will it last?
03/04/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Brad
03/04/2014 04:48 PMPosted by Borg
They should have increased the drop rate from killing monsters rather then nerfing anything.

If their goal is to lessen, why would they increase anything? That doesn't even make sense.

It makes sense when the drop rates suck and people end up having to farm chests because the drop rates are so bad doing everything else.

If their goal was to lessen loot drops overall then they're going in completely the wrong direction.
03/04/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Brad
03/04/2014 04:47 PMPosted by Zoidburg
greatly devalues the new legendary's that proc via opening chests...

What others have procs besides casting haunt when you open a chest? Did they ever have any value?

There are others.