Repeat legendaries?

Items and Crafting
I have played the patch maybe 40-50 hours, difficulties ranging from normal to torment 2. I have received 14 unique legendaries,and probably 8 repeats. How is it that I am already getting repeat legendaries? Is the pool really that small? I'm getting really sick of getting the same terrible legendaries that don't even replace my yellows. Anyone else having the same problem?

My brother is in the same boat, and has received the same bracers, FIVE TIMES. Why?!!?!
I've had several times where I've found a legendary item, and then literally minutes later, the SAME ITEM drops again. Fairly annoying. I've also found about half a dozen Nagelrings and a few Manald Heals. Actually really sick of the Nagelrings. So yea, I've been getting a lot of repeats, too.

Dunno why, but I guess we just have to grit our teeth and hope that we find some awesome items to break up the redundancy of annoying legs.
yeah everybody I game with is having the same thing happen. The idea is that you find the gear you're supposed to find I think. I've found 2 pairs of nats boots on my demon hunter and that sort of thing.

But I've also found 3 bul-kathos rings on my DH and I don't want em. I think the game has high priority legendaries for your class and some of them are dumb.

I like the idea that some of the legendaries are more rare than others....i.e. SoJ vs Manald Heal. Having the tables different for each class is kinda cool too cause you could group with another friend and improve your chances of getting something not on the top of the list for your class. However I hope it doesn't make getting certain items I want too impossible.
Same problem here too. I've gotten the Blackthorn belt 3 times, Skorn twice, The Paddle twice, and probably a few other bad legendaries multiple times.
Lol yeah it's the worst feeling to have to get a crappy legendary, but it's just a slap in the face when you get the same crappy legendary again doh!
have you been farming the same boss or area over and over again? Maybe they did something to promote playing all the acts instead of only a small part over and over again...

I saw positive feedback on loot from someone who was doing all the acts at various difficulty levels.
03/06/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Herba
have you been farming the same boss or area over and over again? Maybe they did something to promote playing all the acts instead of only a small part over and over again...

Nah I've been taking the play the whole campaign approach because it supposedly helps out on drops.
03/06/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Nemoch
03/06/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Herba

Nah I've been taking the play the whole campaign approach because it supposedly helps out on drops.

Maybe change the diff levels if you can.
03/06/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Herba
03/06/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Nemoch

Maybe change the diff levels if you can.

I thought the same thing, I've been playing on a range from masters to torment 2 mainly. Still the same problem, even more saddening is I get just as crappy if not crappier legendaries from torment 1 and 2.
Legendaries do not follow a random distribution. Some legendaries are more common than others.

See D2
ive gotten
2x mage fists
2x tal chest
2x squirt's necklace
2x some random ring.
some others too

it is annoying but that's the way it works. some of them were upgrades over the previous time it dropped.

like said above. some items are more common than others. not everything has an even chance of dropping.
03/06/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Autocthon
Legendaries do not follow a random distribution. Some legendaries are more common than others.

See D2

Do higher level difficulties have higher chances of dropping better legendaries?
Some legendaries have more chance to drop than others, they do not have all equal drop rate... It is normal to get multiple drops of the same ''cheap'' legendaries.
In one day I had two of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-swami drop back-to back and two of this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/archmages-vicalyke. In total I've seen 3 of both of those drop since patch.

The frustration is insane, especially when all I really want is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow.
got 2 squirts, 3 nagle, 2 bakkan caster, 2 saffron wraps
I've gotten 3 Grandfather, 3 Blackguard, and we all knew how sad 2H weapons are.
It may comfort you to know that a lot of good legendaries will require Fiery Brimstone to be crafted at level 70.
I got the same leg sword twice in a row. That's not freakish on it's own, but I am seeing lots of repeats. Probably to due with less 'useless' legs dropping for our characters, but it does seem a bit much.

I know I've gotten maybe a dozen DH legs and probably 7 of them were crossbows, but I've yet to find many other pieces. Maybe some legionaries are more legendary than others?

I've sure gotten a ton of rings too though.
You guys are unreal, so you want Blizzard to round robing dropping legendaries as well?

RNG is RNG, deal with it or stop playing the game.
I've found 3 strom crows none of which are better than the legacy version i am wearing :( SMH