TOTAL NOOB

General Discussion
hello, im very new to the diablo game. and i have a series of questions i need answered please. ive tried asking in-game but the people seemed a bit rude/non caring. any help is appreciated. thank you in advance. i am a level 34 barbarian, currently in ACT 2 and my blacksmith is level 4 and i am in a PRIVATE GAME.

1. what is changed when i make a private game, public?

2. do items stored in the stash, carry over to another hero if i create one? or does online and private affect this?

3. is there a gem/jeweler in the game? i have yet to meet them.

4. i have acquired some legendary materials, such as fiery brimstone, and adventurers journal, how do i make use of these? i have crafted from the blacksmith, common, magic and rare items. but never seen anything else.

5. i have no friends yet ;.( how do i join a multiplayer game?

6. if i go through the campaign with my hero and complete it, can i use him in multiplayer games?

7. this game says its randomly generated with dungeons, yet to me it seems like nothing has changed when i return. enemies respawn and thats all. but the map layout does not change. someone shed light for me please.

8. how do i increase my stash size? i see 2 other icons but they are unselectable, i have the first one maxed out.

I will probably have more questions later on, i just cant think of anymore yet. IF I HAVE BROKEN A RULE OF THE FORUMS, forgive me. it was unintentional. all smart @$$ comments please be kept to yourself and no helpful comment as well. i just would like an adult answer please. thank you all and cheers.
1. What is changed when I make a private game, public?

By doing that, you allow people to randomly join your game and play with you. Take care when doing this on Hardcore, as some people may just want to disrupt your game.

2. Do items stored in the stash, carry over to another hero if Ii create one? Does online and private affect this?

No. Anything stored on your stash will be visible to all your characters.

3. Is there a gem/jeweler in the game?

Yes. You will meet him at some point. But remember, here on Diablo III, you're not able to apply sockets to new weapons. You'll be able to combine gems and create amulets and rings ( If the jeweler has learnt the plan and you have the right materials ).

4. I have acquired some legendary materials, such as fiery brimstone and adventurers journal. How do I make use of these?

You'll have to acquire the Legendary Plans to teach it to the blacksmith before being able to create it. Be aware, that you will hack to level up your blacksmith before teaching him the plan.

5. I have no friends yet ;.( How do I join a multiplayer game?

You'll have to have friends or select the option to join a public game. I don't have my game open at the current time, so I can't point you out for the right place.

And, you're free to add me if you want any help: Angel#1960

6. If I go through the campaign with my hero and complete it, can i use him in multiplayer games?

You will not be locked from anything, at any given point in this game. To be honest, your real adventure starts after you beat the campaign ;)

7. This game says its randomly generated with dungeons, yet to me it seems like nothing has changed when i return. enemies respawn and thats all, but the map layout does not change.

It only looks like it is the same. Every map has some kind of theme, ans that will not change, but the appearance and layout of it will change. You'll notice that mostly on caves. They will still follow some kind of pattern and spawn certain monsters, but they'll be different, spawn chests in different places and so on.

8. How do i increase my stash size?

At the bottom of your stash, you'll see a button for expanding it with the current fee for doing so. For every new tab, you'll have to pay 200.000 coins. After the tab is bought, you'll have to pay for rows. Each set of two rows costs 10.000 coins.
ill read your answers in a sec, ive added 2 other questions, ill respond in a bit, and thank you very much my friend.
1. People searching for the same quest you are on may end up in your game. It makes monsters stronger (not double for 2 people). You also get bonus EXP and GF when playing with others.

2. Stash is common to all characters, as well as jeweler and blacksmith.

3. Jeweler is in act2, keep playing!

4. You will need higher blacksmiths or jeweler to use some of those ingredients. The adventurers journal is for a level 70 legendary, so if you are buying ROS keep this.

5. When you click on game settings, you can change a toggle from private to public and search for games on the same quest. Bottom right corner of the game settings screen.

6. You can play any character at any time solo or multiplier, its your choice. Once you beat the game you can access the higher difficulties and also erase all your quest progress and start over if you desire.

7. It does, it is probably because you are always resuming the same game. If you change quests, for instance go back to act1 last quest. You can go through it again and fight the butcher. All the stuff leading up to the butcher will not be the same layout at all.

Hopefully i wasn't too vague and you get the general idea.
I'll do my best to answer your questions - I'm no pro, but I'll be glad to help where I can.

1. what is changed when i make a private game, public?

Nothing - other than the general public Diablo 3 population can join your game, in private you can only invite people to you game.

2. do items stored in the stash, carry over to another hero if i create one? or does online and private affect this?

Yes they carry over to all of your hero's (unless you play hardcore) - it's the same stash for public and private games.

3. is there a gem/jeweler in the game? i have yet to meet them.

Yes there is, you have yet to find him, but you will very soon, just keep playing

4. i have acquired some legendary materials, such as fiery brimstone, and adventurers journal, how do i make use of these? i have crafted from the blacksmith, common, magic and rare items. but never seen anything else.

As you level up your blacksmith, and your character you will be able to use these materials (mats) - to create new items - you will also find and loot plans to use with your blacksmith.

5. i have no friends yet ;.( how do i join a multiplayer game?

If you change your game to 'public' people will join you - or you can join others that are n the same act as you. If you have no friends - add me - I'll play with you :)

6. if i go through the campaign with my hero and complete it, can i use him in multiplayer games?

Yes you can, it makes no difference and you will continue to level your guy up.

7. this game says its randomly generated with dungeons, yet to me it seems like nothing has changed when i return. enemies respawn and thats all. but the map layout does not change. someone shed light for me please.

Some are randomly generated as in the layout, some are not. Others are always the same but objective etc can be random. Random dungeons also spawn in random areas.

In the new expansion pack (Reaper of Souls) - this is taken to a new level with 'Adventure Mode' where each map is completely random.

Hopefully that helps - and see you in game!
On 5, just select "public" when making the game.

7. Some thing change a little, other things are always the same. You will notice subtle variations in different areas of the map. Some things may have a finite number of ways they can spawn too.

8. There should be an option to buy more sections, and when you have the whole thing, you can buy another tab. It's kinda fuzzy for me though because it's been almost 2 years since I did that.

put sonnygll#1530 in the search to add me
thank you to everyone who answered me. the community here seems extremely helpful and nice. i would be glad to add you guys who offered, as soon as i figure this out haha, but i still want to complete the campaign solo first.

i cant figure out how to join games tho. and i did NOT no that you can replay quests. i didnt even no you could travel back to act 1! goes to show im a super noob at this game
03/06/2014 01:04 PMPosted by XxLAWDAWGxX
thank you to everyone who answered me. the community here seems extremely helpful and nice. i would be glad to add you guys who offered, as soon as i figure this out haha, but i still want to complete the campaign solo first.

i cant figure out how to join games tho. and i did NOT no that you can replay quests. i didnt even no you could travel back to act 1! goes to show im a super noob at this game

Everyone was a noob sometime, no worries. Do what you think is fun and have fun!
To all the repliers, you are some truly nice people :D
Happy gaming XxLAWDAWGxX
yes they are, and thank you bud, your all welcome to shoot me a request, id love to try out the online experience, thanks again
Another good idea is to spend some time reading the game guide, esp. with 2.0 changes. My thanks to all who replied without slamming. I would start a monk or barb first, as they take less damage. Smash everything, pick up everything, and have fun. Welcome to D3. Sell everything at first to get gold to unlock jeweler and blacksmith. Use vendors in town to upgrade gear. And you will need lots of gold to unlock stash tabs. So go out there and kick butt!
sure thing bud, where can i find the game guide if you dont mind. i would love to see the changes.
nevermind found it. thanks tho.