Saving legendary discoverables?

General Discussion
Anyone saving there undiscovered legendary items for the new transmog ? I have about 25 saved but my gears suffering lol.. Only comfortable on torrent 1 ! But rather wait on gear, then have to try and re find the legendaries for the weapon skins. Anyone else?
Feel free to ID it. Any Leg finds after Patch 2.0.1 dropped will unlock transmogs on the mystic. She is apparently very psychic.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883238299#14

02/25/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Grimiku
02/25/2014 10:16 AMPosted by SilverOwsla
So, quick question. Will the Legendary gear I find in 2.0 unlock transmog for the Exp???

Or will it only unlock Transmog AFTER the exp arrives? My understanding is you unlock the transmog when you ID the legendary.....

This is a good question, and I had to ask around to find out how it's currently working. Here's what I found out. Legendary items found in patch 2.0.1 will unlock as Transmogrify options, and you do not need to wait for Reaper of Souls goes live to ID them. If you find a Legendary item in patch 2.0.1, then you should have the option to use it for Transmogrification once you upgrade to Reaper of Souls, and have access to the Mystic.

*Edited to reflect new information*

Any old D3V 1.0X drops will not unlock the mystic, even if not IDed.
Any legendaries you find in Loot 2.0 are valid for transmog in the expac so why wait to ID them?
Any legendaries you find in Loot 2.0 are valid for transmog in the expac so why wait to ID them?

This! ID them to your heart's content =)
Wow great help, thanks for the info guys and girls ! I guess I can gear up now ....Torment +++++++ here I come. Thanks again
03/06/2014 12:01 PMPosted by LastSeraphim
Wow great help, thanks for the info guys and girls ! I guess I can gear up now ....Torment +++++++ here I come. Thanks again

I'm glad you got the info you were looking for about Legendary items found as of patch 2.0.1 unlocking as Transmogrify options, and happy hunting in Torment!
Hey one question:

A friend of mine bought some old legendary plans from the auction house and crafted them today with the new 2.0.1. patch. Is he going to be able to use those old items for the new transmog feature? Or is this feature just for the "new 2.0.1. legendaries"?

Cheers! (:
03/06/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Grimiku
I'm glad you got the info you were looking for about Legendary items found as of patch 2.0.1 unlocking as Transmogrify options, and happy hunting in Torment!

Bigger more relevant question... Will we be able to enchant gear thy has dropped since 2.01?! ;)
03/06/2014 12:01 PMPosted by LastSeraphim

Will the transmogrify options still unlock if we salvaged or sold the legendary that dropped after patch 2.0?
how do i "id" an item? and for what purpose?
how do i "id" an item? and for what purpose?

Most items are automatically identified when they drop. However, legendaries need to be identified. Right click a legendary (or visit the Book of Cain in town) to reveal what stats your legendary has =)

You can't use an item which has not yet been identified.

I can see you've already done some of this, so "id" or "identify" is just referring to that process.
ahh ok =) noob here.

Question: Will the transmog be available for only things you find yourself? For example, my friends and I have been playing together alot and have given each other many items we did not need. Does only the person that found it get the transmog? Seems kind of weird that I might be using an item on my main but cannot transmog an alt to look the same.