Blue on Paragon Portraits?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I've been trying to get an answer for months now via various forums and on twitter and still no response.

Will there be additional Paragon Portrait art added for levels past 100 or are we just gonna have to be stuck with the same one for a long time?
i posted last week about the same thing and my topic disappeared i guess nobody wanted to answer. and i'd still like to know why every 10 levels it says that you unlocked a new portrait but it never actually changes. wtf is up with that?
Heck, though new portraits every 100 levels after reaching 100 would be quite nice, I'd be happy if they just let us choose from the ones we already have. The P100 portrait is easily my least favorite, I'd love to choose a lower one - it's not like the number isn't displayed on the portrait.
I've posted here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914132312#3

03/06/2014 05:46 AMPosted by Angel
03/06/2014 05:06 AMPosted by Rilos
They should implement a way to show you're above level 100. Also, the portrait should portray the angel of death and not diablo.

The game should be called Diablo for a reason =P

I think after hitting paragon level 100, we could work for some achievements, and unlock portraits just like banners.

And, of course, be able to change it whenever we want. We see portraits way more often than banners to be honest. Would mean a lot more to change my portrait than my banner.

It would be cool :)
03/06/2014 10:32 AMPosted by Ashman
i posted last week about the same thing and my topic disappeared i guess nobody wanted to answer. and i'd still like to know why every 10 levels it says that you unlocked a new portrait but it never actually changes. wtf is up with that?

Why? Cuse they didn't fix it yet. The paragon system was never supposed to go passed 100. Now that it does the system notifies you of new portrait every 10 levels.

They will fix it eventually. it's probably low on their list.
I came up with the idea quite a while ago that Paragon Portraits should be dynamic for each class and unlock per every 25 levels instead of 10. Since they would be class specific they could add special class only effects like for wizards arcane orbs, or monk a glowing spirit border and cool stuff like that.
We don't have any current plans to add more Paragon portraits for players beyond Paragon 100, but we've definitely discussed the idea. We'll keep an eye on everyone's feedback, though, and see what happens as players spend more time with the new system.
03/06/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Grimiku
We don't have any current plans to add more Paragon portraits for players beyond Paragon 100, but we've definitely discussed the idea. We'll keep an eye on everyone's feedback, though, and see what happens as players spend more time with the new system.

I keep getting "new portrait unlocked" when I get 10 paragon level or something (well, every 10 paragon level, I get that message). I'm well above 200 already.
Yeah me 2 but it's always the same.... :D
more more more!
add more portraits please!

Edit: Just a thought; You could give a bonus to players who achieve level 200 paragon and higher by letting them choose the color of their paragon portrait border! There could be a basic 9-12 color scheme for people to choose from. Annddd if D3 Dev's really wanted to, they could put a whole new set of colors for paragon level 500 and above! It seems like that would be a great incentive to level your paragon continually and allow more personalization for individual players.
We do need more paragon level portraits maybe 1 new one for every 100 para levels
Dont ask them for new stuff when the stuff we currently have is broken.

That's not how game development works, it's not a one-to-one choice.
03/06/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Dawn2Dusk
add more portraits please!

x2
03/06/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Grimiku

Hey, Grimiku, I believe this has been suggested elsewhere, but the trend for new portraits after reaching certain milestones can continue.

Instead of every 10, perhaps it can be:

Paragon 250
Paragon 500
Paragon 1000
Paragon 1500
Paragon 2500
Paragon 5000
Paragon 10000

Maybe achievements at Paragon 500, 1000 and 5000.

And... if for some crazy reason someone manages to hit Paragon 10000, then there's a Feat of Strength award and some little aesthetic bonus or something.
03/06/2014 10:51 AMPosted by Alcovitch
Why? Cuse they didn't fix it yet. The paragon system was never supposed to go passed 100. Now that it does the system notifies you of new portrait every 10 levels.They will fix it eventually. it's probably low on their list.

Yup, Just above PVP.
At paragon 110: A red nose will display on your portrait
P120: Santa Hat
P130: Portraits for all characters appear as a pug (with red nose and santa hat)
03/06/2014 03:50 PMPosted by cbwjm
At paragon 110: A red nose will display on your portraitP120: Santa HatP130: Portraits for all characters appear as a pug (with red nose and santa hat)

P140 portrait will appear as a panda, to make all the WOW kids happy.