Hi friends! Wizard hardcore question

Hardcore
I have around 1.4 mil toughness and 102k dps. I successfully did torment 2 last night with a few friends without TOO many challenges. What dps/toughness should I be aiming for do to torment 3 relatively safely? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
These questions are silly. There is no point to them but for those asking to abdicate their own responsibility to determine what feels safe to them. We could tell you some numbers, but that doesn't mean you will not die or that you'd feel save with the same numbers as I would. If you're already in T2 and feeling safe and risky, step it up. That's the only answer worth anything.
I personally don't feel comfortable as a wizard going into T2+ without Deflection. My wizard can handle T2 without issue. I haven't jumped into T3 or higher in hardcore yet. I want to spend more time in T2 and be certain I'm ready.
I felt very safe in T3 with 1.2 million toughness and 5000 healing. My DPS was abysmal at only 140k but that was a skill induced feeling.

My build has changed significantly since then.
03/07/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Nemoch
I successfully did torment 2 last night with a few friends

Key word: friends. As long as wizards have a good tank they provide excellent firepower. It's nice to team with a WD whose minions tank the trash and you just unleash hot death on them.

I wouldn't pay attention to Torment scales as being anything super dramatic. 1-6 are all basically the same difficulty except the whites have more hit points and they hit a little harder. I'm pretty sure we all did the T6 blacksmith runs before it was patched. No big deal getting hit.

The problem is always in the elites and their affixes. A nasty elite on Torment 1 is way more dangerous than trash in T6.
wow. looks like you gave it a go and died. sorry. RIP. I was going to say... i feel like i have pretty good gear, MW buffed 240k dps and 2.3mil toughness but i don't mess with the higher torments. Just don't really see the reward/benefit from the added risk
I personally base my difficulty comfort range around the time it takes to kill an elite. This is so that in case I encounter an elite with dangerous affix combinations, I'll have the DPS to take it down by the time it sets up.
03/07/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Nemoch
I have around 1.4 mil toughness and 102k dps. I successfully did torment 2 last night with a few friends without TOO many challenges. What dps/toughness should I be aiming for do to torment 3 relatively safely? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Can you do T2 solo?
Don't go to T3 until you can solo T2.

I would recommend at least 20k more unbuffed damage. Toughness is fine. Build could use some tweaking: 1 of the shielding plus method of crowd control
Another wizard without mirror image bites the dust. RIP.
RIP. vram is totally right about torment scaling. I was running T4 no problem solo last week but died to a bad pack in T1. It happened so fast I couldnt do much about it. I think I was running around 200k dps and 1.3 mil toughness. Frozen hit me when i lagged then fire and lightning affixes can get very bad fast. I had no chance and this was T1.

Increasing Torment lvls is pretty much increasing the chance bad things can happen due to increased time to kill. If you can make up for that time, then you are ready for the next lvl.
Lol guys I didn't die. The toon I am playing is called Dead. The other wizard called Nemoch I died with a week ago. Anyways thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated!
Another question: How heavily do you guys weight your healing stat i.e. If you had to choose between having 125k dps, 1,467,000 toughness 2801 healing OR 125k dps, 1,291,000 toughness, 4275 healing which would you choose? Thanks again for the help!