Epilepsy, Flashing on hit (mobs), and plea to the Devs.

General Discussion
1 2 3 27 Next
Highly Rated
Hopefully this catches someones attention - I really want to buy reaper of souls, this new patch made me excited about Diablo once again, and I can't wait to see what Reaper of Souls brings in store! I am ready and able to pre-order your game... but there is just one problem. I am epileptic, I can deal with the flashing lights on certain levels, I've coped with that thus far (although an option to turn off that flashing would be nice), but I absolutely can no longer play this game with the white flash that occurs when a monster takes damage. It is literally a siezure inducing strobe and forces me not to play. Please, there have been threads on this before, please introduce an option for those less fortunate of us to get rid of that flashing. I WANT to buy your game, I WANT to enjoy your game, help me achieve that.

Thank you for your consideration.
Thank you so much!
Good luck with this. I'd like to see Mr. Vaneras throw this to the Devs and see what (if any) plans there may be to reduce to remove the flashes. There have indeed been several similar threads, however I've yet to see a meaningful blue response to one.
I don't see that happening with this game. Games even come with warnings for this sort of thing. I guess you could try turning everything down which I'm sure you have. There are med's out there as well, just as there are for those of us who get motion sickness with certain games.
Really all he is asking for is an option switch, not the reduction of these effects for everyone. Im sure that for every one thread about someone having this problem 5 or more are silently suffering or have quit because they cannot risk personal health for a game no matter how much they enjoy it.

If a blue could just take a look and assess feasibility and at least let the community know they see the issue that would be great.
Games that "came with warnings against this sort of thing" are more like 20 or more years old. The technology is there at this point where they can selectively suppress these visuals in an options menu and provide players like Rezlind some relief and allow them to enjoy the game.
03/08/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Kambe
Games that "came with warnings against this sort of thing" are more like 20 or more years old. The technology is there at this point where they can selectively suppress these visuals in an options menu and provide players like Rezlind some relief and allow them to enjoy the game.

I'm fairly certain the warnings are still there, but yea there should be options to tone it down.
Thank you for all the support guys, I really appreciate it!

As for the person who stated there is a warning - I know mate, but that isn't my point. I want to play this game, and if Blizzard provides me with the ability to remove that flashing effect, I can actually play it! That's all I'm asking for, I like this game and I like the direction the patch took it in, but sadly I can't enjoy it. :(.
bump for justice. Never thought of this, but God that would suck !@#.
Yeah, the worst part was fighting Belial on Torment 1, as a DH with a barbarian teammate. I had to press z to zoom in so I could play. Had my eyes closed half the time and only opened it when he started casting the meteor thing that one shots me :3.

Edit: my friend would warn me when he was about to hit me.
If a blue recognizes this posts and states they'll get someone working on a solution, I'll buy and gift the expansion pack to you.
Wow xAsnl I'm really grateful for the gesture! Don't worry about it, I have the money to buy it's just the matter of the flashing. You seem like a great person!
I don't recall seeing a Blue Post on the weekend but I'm sure we can keep this on the first page till Monday.
They really should add an "Accessability" tab or something in the options that include things like this. You know, flash reduction for people with epilepsy, colour alterations for different types of colourblindness, etc.

A lot of people would benefit from something like this.
I will also bump this. We need game developers to take on a universal design approach to their games! It is mutually beneficial to everyone including the game developer and it also ups the studio's bottom dollar.